Cowher Joins CBS

MadmanLA

This excerpt from Yahoo Sports...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-c...p&type=lgns

Cowher joins CBS as studio analyst

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer

February 15, 2007

AP - Feb 15, 2:20 pm EST

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher is returning to the NFL -- as an analyst on CBS' Sunday "The NFL Today" studio show.

Cowher resigned as the Steelers' coach last month following 15 seasons, and less than a year after winning the Super Bowl. He plans to spend more time with his family at their new home in Raleigh, N.C., but said working on the CBS show allows him to keep his ties to the league.

"I can still be part of it but not have it consume your life," Cowher said Thursday, speaking on a conference call.

Cowher sent mixed signals as to how long he plans to stay away from coaching.

Initially, he said, "It's an opportunity to stay busy on Sundays and it may go beyond this year." Later in the call, he said, "I'm planning on doing this for a couple of years."

Speaking of busy 5 people on a set is gonna be very busy

Berman, Jackson, Jaworski, Irvin, Ditka, and (on another set) Mortensen makes six on Sunday NFL Countdown, so it's been done. When Limbaugh was there didn't they still have Berman, TJ, Irvin, and Young making five with Rush? Regardless, the key to me not watching is Berman.

So much for the "spend more time with the family" schpiel.

I think that's a little unfair. This is Belichek quitting on the Jets after 1 day citing family and then the next day signing to be the Patriots coach. Cowher is taking a 2 days a week job. He can spend Monday through Friday with his family fly up to New York Saturday for the show and fly back home that night. Also consider that one of his daughters plays basketball at Princeton which is about a hour and half to two hours away driving wise from New York.

Berman, Jackson, Jaworski, Irvin, Ditka, and (on another set) Mortensen makes six on Sunday NFL Countdown, so it's been done. When Limbaugh was there didn't they still have Berman, TJ, Irvin, and Young making five with Rush? Regardless, the key to me not watching is Berman.

Berman counts as two.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I actually like the Charley Casserly segment on The NFL Today. I think substance-wise, CBS has the best X's and O's pregame show, while Fox's is just one stupid comedy routine (even though I do like the Frank Caliendo segment). Shannon Sharpe should have shown the door at CBS, like his brother over at NBC (Tiki Barber is replacing Sterling Sharpe on Football Night in America). I've really gotten into Inside The NFL on HBO, it seems like a looser, but more focused football show.

So much for the "spend more time with the family" schpiel.

Coaches have to be at the stadium like 12 hours a day during the regular season and are also busy in the pre season and off season.

Announcers come in prepare for a day go on the air go home.

He can even bring his family up to NYC with him and spend the night before hitting the town.

I actually like the Charley Casserly segment on The NFL Today. I think substance-wise, CBS has the best X's and O's pregame show, while Fox's is just one stupid comedy routine (even though I do like the Frank Caliendo segment). Shannon Sharpe should have shown the door at CBS, like his brother over at NBC (Tiki Barber is replacing Sterling Sharpe on Football Night in America). I've really gotten into Inside The NFL on HBO, it seems like a looser, but more focused football show.

Inside the NFL is a very good show and the Pete King stuff is always informative.

I watch CBS for Marino and because the schpiel on Fox is old

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well I think Dan and Boomer are two of the best NFL analysts out there. It'll be nice to add a coaches perspective to the team. A new person will also reduce Shannon's speaking time, which is always a good thing.

My biggest problem with the NFL on CBS is their ridiculous set.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Cowher should replace Shannon Sharpe.

"What do you think, Shannon?"

"Bluh, duh buh fluh buh dib duh fluh. Uh bluh duh fluh buh dubba fluh, a duh buh duh fluh. DUHUHUH fluh buh uh duh nuh sup duh buh!"

"WHOA, HE GOT YOU THERE, DAN!"

Archived