Uh, yeah, Why is Ohio State #1?

TFoA

Why in the world is OSU the #1 team in basketball? I can understand why they moved up (Florida lost to Vandy somewhat convincingly) but COME ON. OSU is ahead of the #2 team that beat them (Wisconsin), and the #3 team that beat them like they stole something (Florida). Not to mention they also got beat by North Carolina. Every team that they've played that was worth their salt beat them. I'm thinking they're up there because of hype, not because they're actually the best team in the land.

Another reason why I think rankings, not only in football but in basketball as well, are just dumb.

Agreed, I am not a Florida Gator fan, but I do not think they should be ranked #3, maybe #2 or even still ranked #1. They did beat Ohio State, yet Ohio State is ranked ahead of them.

Thus the basis for the original post, only substitute "Wisconsin" for "Florida", and have one fewer loss.

It's where I sit.

There only #1 because it is an "ESPN" poll and if you haven't noticed, they've been aggressively marketing one man named Greg Oden. <_<

OSU has lost many times and have only fallen like a spot down while other teams lose and fall like 5 spots down. It's the same thing with Duke and Gonzaga. They lost like 6 or 7 times before they were out the polls.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

This is basketball that has a 65-team tournament does ranking even matter?

I guess that's my point: They're dumb and with the Tourney why even have em when they're gonna be wrong anyway???

Archived