60th Anniversary of Jackie Robinson Patch

RochSabreRattler

Is their any word about MLB or any specific team doing a 60th anniversary of Jackie Robison breaking the color barrier ? I would assume the Mets would do something ??

Not meaning to sound ignorant, but why would the Mets do something?

If anything I'd expect the Dodgers organization to have some sort of celebration on April 15th. Just my .2 cents though.

EDIT: Limey beat me to it.

Is their any word about MLB or any specific team doing a 60th anniversary of Jackie Robison breaking the color barrier ? I would assume the Mets would do something ??

If anything I'd expect the Dodgers organization to have some sort of celebration on April 15th. Just my .2 cents though.

1/5th of a cent? you can cut a penny that many times? :shocked:

The Mets always have the Jackie Robinson tributes at Shea stadium. They had the number retirement ceremony there (when they retired his number throughout baseball). They had the 50th Anniversary tribute there (which may have been the same ceremony) Robinson retired before the Dodgers moved to LA. Most NYers that were Dodger fans became Met fans, and since he wasn't a Yankee, the Mets were the next closest relative to the Brooklyn Dodgers I guess. The new Mets stadium is modeled after Ebbetts Field. The front of the stadium is going to be called the Jackie Robinson Rotunda.

1/5th of a cent? you can cut a penny that many times? :shocked:

Funny, funny.

Tip of the hat to you, good sir.

U can get the patch. i dunno anything about it, but mlb press box has it. Simply Google mlb press box and instead of clicking it (the first option) lick cached. works,

So you saw a Jackie Robinson 60th Anniversary patch design on the Press Box website?

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

• 1 month later...

JackieRobinson60thAnniversary.gif

1. Jackie Robinson played for the Kansas City Royals? I did not know that. Thanks, patch, for so clearly communicating this hither-to-unknown information! (Well, the colors say "Kansas City Royals." The font actually says "Washington Nationals.")

2. Seriously, though, why are the numbers beveled? And does the bevel shading really have to suck quite this badly? There is no consistent "light source" even within the same number. Some "top" surfaces of the 4 are light, some are dark. Some "right" surfaces of the same number are light, some dark. And then there's inconsistency between the 4 and the 2. It's completely random, like a dozen little elves are shining tiny elf flashlights at each surface of the number individually. It's really poor execution; if my surmise about which designer did this is correct, I'll be doubly stunned by the sloppiness of the numbers.

20082614447.png

JackieRobinson60thAnniversary.gif

1. Jackie Robinson played for the Kansas City Royals? I did not know that. Thanks, patch, for so clearly communicating this hither-to-unknown information! (Well, the colors say "Kansas City Royals." The font actually says "Washington Nationals.")

2. Seriously, though, why are the numbers beveled? And does the bevel shading really have to suck quite this badly? There is no consistent "light source" even within the same number. Some "top" surfaces of the 4 are light, some are dark. Some "right" surfaces of the same number are light, some dark. And then there's inconsistency between the 4 and the 2. It's completely random, like a dozen little elves are shining tiny elf flashlights at each surface of the number individually. It's really poor execution; if my surmise about which designer did this is correct, I'll be doubly stunned by the sloppiness of the numbers.

Actually it was the Montreal Royals, the Dodgers top MiLB affiliate at the time.

1. Jackie Robinson played for the Kansas City Royals? I did not know that. Thanks, patch, for so clearly communicating this hitherto-unknown information! (Well, the colors say "Kansas City Royals." The font actually says "Washington Nationals.")

[...]

Actually it was the Montreal Royals, the Dodgers top MiLB affiliate at the time.

Uh-oh... looks like somebody missed the course on "Sarcasm and the Internet: It Happens!". And the remediation course is filling up awfully fast.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived