Toronto Blue Jays Concept

speedy

Okay, first I'll start things off by saying, I stayed away from the red. Yes I know it's the color of the Canadian flag, big whoop. They're the Blue Jays. Also, I know they're Canada's only MLB Franchise, but I don't think that means I have to slap a Maple Leaf somewhere to remind baseball fans Toronto is in Canada.

Okay, moving on... the bird logo used is the2nd incarnation of the Blue Jay, but with the original two shades of blue, gone is the teal.

As for the home and road jerseys, they're loosely based off this and this. With a few notable changes in script and number colors. One the I did keep from wht current Jays package is the namplate font, I personally think it's great and really legible.

Now moving onto the Alternate, based off of the 1994-1996 Alternate jersey. Again changes to script and number colors.

Finally, the spring training/batting practice uniform. This, I got my idea from Toronto's original pullover. I chose sky blue as the premier color for the uniform because there is already the blue atlernate, and I figured, why not change it up?

Toronto.png

C&C greatly appreciated...

I like it. I have the following suggestions:

1. I think the outlines may be a bit much though. The double-line font outlines the text enough to get the job done, in my opinion. So strike them around the text and the numbers.

2. Make the "inner color" on the text the same color as the jersey. I think that will give the whole look a more "retro" feel that you are trying to capture better.

Great execution and a great concept. Light-years better than what they have now.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

One of my favorite color combos in sports logos and uniforms is the dark blue and sky blue, and you executed that to the fullest. I had never concentrated specifically on the bird that was used from 1997-2002 because of the disgusting light red that surrounded it, but it looks great minus the red. It's nice how you turned back to the old wordmark, but I don't think the pullover would work in today's strict uniform policies. Instead, the bird alone on the jersey would be great, in my opinion.

I never knew how much I would like the Blue Jays' scheme sans red, but you really made it work. A

P.S. Where did you get that template? I really like it!

One of my favorite color combos in sports logos and uniforms is the dark blue and sky blue, and you executed that to the fullest. I had never concentrated specifically on the bird that was used from 1997-2002 because of the disgusting light red that surrounded it, but it looks great minus the red. It's nice how you turned back to the old wordmark, but I don't think the pullover would work in today's strict uniform policies. Instead, the bird alone on the jersey would be great, in my opinion.

I never knew how much I would like the Blue Jays' scheme sans red, but you really made it work. A

P.S. Where did you get that template? I really like it!

That's the Batting Practice uniform, they're pullovers.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Sorry, averyj, I miscommunicated what I was trying to say. What I meant was that Major League Baseball would probably not allow one team stray from their predesigned template, so while the pullover style B.P. top is cool, it most likely wouldn't exist in real life.

Sorry, averyj, I miscommunicated what I was trying to say. What I meant was that Major League Baseball would probably not allow one team stray from their predesigned template, so while the pullover style B.P. top is cool, it most likely wouldn't exist in real life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the new BP template?

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the new BP template?

Unfortunetly, it is.

Amazing. My only suggestion would be the addition of a maple leaf. I know you said you didn't think it was necessary, but they are Canada's only Major League Baseball team. It's more of a symbolic thing then anything else. I'm not asking for red striping or anything like that, just a small red maple leaf, used in the same fashion as the one on the original logo.

Amazing. My only suggestion would be the addition of a maple leaf. I know you said you didn't think it was necessary, but they are Canada's only Major League Baseball team. It's more of a symbolic thing then anything else. I'm not asking for red striping or anything like that, just a small red maple leaf, used in the same fashion as the one on the original logo.

Funny you mention that, I did originally have that logo, only replaced with the bird I used. I ended up trashing it, but I'll post it here if I have time.

Those are amazing, as a Blue Jay fan, I would love to see it and would buy some of that for sure, very good job. Much better then the current Black Jays stuff they're using

Archived