Commercials Bothering You?

Taylor R.

So today i was watching the Avalanche vs. Red Wings game on NBC and it was tied 3-3 in over time and the Avalanche had a 2 on 1 and right as the puck was about to go in the t.v. goes to commercials and i missed seeing the goal and it came back and they were "signing off" and going to the next scheduled program. This has happened to me a few times on different events and i was wondering if any of you have ever had a commerical interupt a big part of a game during play?

Go Lakers

How about when the NFL had a deadline for networks to broadcast NFL games several years back. It was so annoying watching a comeback, and then all of a sudden they would interrupt the game to tell that they could not broadcast games after that particular time. I HATED that.

So today i was watching the Avalanche vs. Red Wings game on NBC and it was tied 3-3 in over time and the Avalanche had a 2 on 1 and right as the puck was about to go in the t.v. goes to commercials and i missed seeing the goal and it came back and they were "signing off" and going to the next scheduled program. This has happened to me a few times on different events and i was wondering if any of you have ever had a commerical interupt a big part of a game during play?

I was reading your post and it was really difficult because your sentences were really long and contained almost no punctuation and I was wondering if maybe you were absent the day in English class when they taught about run-on sentences and punctuation I'm guessing you were sick that day because this and a lot of your other posts are almost unbearable to read.

English has always been my worst subject... but i do understant it can get annoying and i will work on it. But you say my sentences are long when the sentence you posted was longer then my original one on this topic. (your whole post was one sentence) So i got a laugh out of that but I will try to make it easier to read. But have you had a commercial bother you in a sport event?

Go Lakers

How about when the NFL had a deadline for networks to broadcast NFL games several years back. It was so annoying watching a comeback, and then all of a sudden they would interrupt the game to tell that they could not broadcast games after that particular time. I HATED that.

The NFL still has that deadline. If the team in your home market is playing at a certain time, the network must cut to that team's game, regardless of the nature of the game being broadcast.

For example, if the Patriots are playing a 1:00 road game, but it ends early, the network may run bonus coverage of another game. But that game can only be aired up until the next time slot begins, usually 4:15 EST. The same network may also run a post-game show until 4:30, but they can only show another game until 4:15, after that it's only highlights or scoring updates.

I was reading your post and it was really difficult because your sentences were really long and contained almost no punctuation and I was wondering if maybe you were absent the day in English class when they taught about run-on sentences and punctuation I'm guessing you were sick that day because this and a lot of your other posts are almost unbearable to read.

I get jokes.

:D

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

come on dude. was that necessary? really? if you didn't have anything to say about the topic at hand, why say anything at all?

I just reread it a couple times to make sure, and I didn't see anything about commercials in your post, either.

pot calling the kettle black got to love it.

and no i havent had that happen. but i dont watch too much hockey. only really watch it during the playoffs because tv coverage sucks.

cant remember if its happened while watching a football game. i did miss out on seeing Willis McGahee getting his knee distroyed in the National Championship a few years back.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

But you say my sentences are long when the sentence you posted was longer then my original one on this topic. (your whole post was one sentence) So i got a laugh out of that

Wow. Just...wow. Were you absent the day they covered satire too? I'll drop this and try to be nicer and more understanding from now on, but I'm having trouble believing you didn't get the joke.

The only commercials that bother me are the John Cougar Mellencamp ?This is our Country? Chevrolet campaign. After enduring this POS song and commercial 10 times per game during the MLB playoffs and 5 times per game throughout the NFL season, I will never, ever, ever buy a Chevrolet product. The only reason I?d drive one was if I saw good ol? John walking on the street and I had to carjack one so that I could run him down for making that crapfest of a commercial that was repeated ad nauseum.

The only commercials that bother me are the John Cougar Mellencamp ?This is our Country? Chevrolet campaign. After enduring this POS song and commercial 10 times per game during the MLB playoffs and 5 times per game throughout the NFL season, I will never, ever, ever buy a Chevrolet product. The only reason I?d drive one was if I saw good ol? John walking on the street and I had to carjack one so that I could run him down for making that crapfest of a commercial that was repeated ad nauseum.

Pun intended?

Sorry had to do it. :P

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

The only commercials that bother me are the John Cougar Mellencamp ?This is our Country? Chevrolet campaign.

Can I get an Amen? I said, can I get an Amen?

WORST

COMMERCIAL

EVER

I don't have much else to add to this topic, other than to say that I have yet to see NBC deliver an A+ broadcast of any hockey game. Versus to their credit, got a little better this year.

The best American broadcasts of hockey are on NESN, although I rarely get to see them.

To be honest, I think NBC should just license out the HNiC crew, hell CBC is losing the contact anyway right? And Lord knows the CBC could use a little $$, instead of bilking the tax payer for its bloated bureaucracy.

A satellite solves many of the problems, particularly the NFL issue mentioned here. I use a DVR to blot most commercials, but sports - being live* (and really required to stay live to get that adrenalyn going), force me to watch insulting commercials.

* Live - All "live" sports shows are on a short delay from the time the play takes place, and the time the time the play is shown on the screen. This is most evident when you are actually at a game watching the TV while standing in line at the beer stand. You hear the crowd noise, then 3 second later you see the play that made them roar on the screen. The moral of this story is to always convince your friend to buy the beer for you.

The moral of this story is to always convince your friend to buy the beer for you.

There are other reasons for doing that too. :D

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Pun intended?

Sorry had to do it. :P

None intended, but good catch.

The only commercials that bother me are the John Cougar Mellencamp ?This is our Country? Chevrolet campaign.

Can I get an Amen? I said, can I get an Amen?

WORST

COMMERCIAL

EVER

I don't have much else to add to this topic, other than to say that I have yet to see NBC deliver an A+ broadcast of any hockey game. Versus to their credit, got a little better this year.

The best American broadcasts of hockey are on NESN, although I rarely get to see them.

To be honest, I think NBC should just license out the HNiC crew, hell CBC is losing the contact anyway right? And Lord knows the CBC could use a little $$, instead of bilking the tax payer for its bloated bureaucracy.

A satellite solves many of the problems, particularly the NFL issue mentioned here. I use a DVR to blot most commercials, but sports - being live* (and really required to stay live to get that adrenalyn going), force me to watch insulting commercials.

* Live - All "live" sports shows are on a short delay from the time the play takes place, and the time the time the play is shown on the screen. This is most evident when you are actually at a game watching the TV while standing in line at the beer stand. You hear the crowd noise, then 3 second later you see the play that made them roar on the screen. The moral of this story is to always convince your friend to buy the beer for you.

Down here in South Florida they've done a few of those "Our Country" Chevy commercials in complete Spanish. I kid you not! All you hear is "THIS IS OUUUUR COUNTRY" and then "aosdguyoashgoashgosadhgosadhgosadhosadhgoashgosadhgashgoasdhgoasdguoasd" which I think means BUY OUR TRUCKS in Spanish. It's so weird.

They also repeatedly run these Ford commercials to regaeton music. They keep chanting "Ride it, ride it, ride it like a FORD! YO YO YO YO! CHECK THE GRILL! RIDE IT LIKE A FORD!" It's got a whole latin spin on the car commercials. Gives me a friggin' headache, however the women are really hot in the commercial so that helps. Here's the Ford one on YouTube.

FORD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay3UIsxbm2U

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived