New K-State Football Uniforms

Baldy

I had a feeling black was inevitable after they sold their integrity and soul by hiring Thuggy Bear. Lo and behold, the hoops team trots out black uniforms (and with purple numbers... that's not illegible or anything, Bob... :rolleyes: ) with the garish clawmark stripes. The football team wasn't going to be far behind. For a school whose athletic prominence hinged largely on the resurrected football team under Bill Snyder (and of course, Mitch Richmond and those so-bad-they're-good mismatched lavender/purple hoops unis from back in the day), they've placed their future on the basketball program. And on Bob Huggins. Bastion of class and integrity - recruits solid kids, gets them to graduate, never runs afoul of the law himself.

Oy vey, K-State... they had a great thing going with the purple and silver. This is the price of selling out...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• 3 weeks later...

No offense to the K-State fans here, but I always thought their current unis were just Dallas Cowboys ripoffs with an unnecessary and gratuitous addition of Silver. Not that adding Black would be any better I might add.

Just my opinion.

Well no one takes your opinion seriously around here anyway.

:P

Anyone have pictures of the pre-silver unis?

Depends. Silver (or at least gray, because sometimes it was a duller color) has been a part of every K-State football uniform since Jim Dickey was coach.

The only exception I remember was a brief period, I think in the mid-to-late 80's, when K-State mad have had the most boring uniform ever. The helmet was purple with, I think, two white stripes. It had "Cats" in a cursive script on the side. And I don't think the uniforms had any trim or stripes. Just plain white numbers.

Can any other K-State followers confirm this or am I nuts?

Ape.

Who thinks that if black isn't one of your school colors, you shouldn't be allowed to use it in your uniform.

Depends. Silver (or at least gray, because sometimes it was a duller color) has been a part of every K-State football uniform since Jim Dickey was coach.

The only exception I remember was a brief period, I think in the mid-to-late 80's, when K-State mad have had the most boring uniform ever. The helmet was purple with, I think, two white stripes. It had "Cats" in a cursive script on the side. And I don't think the uniforms had any trim or stripes. Just plain white numbers.

Ape.

Who thinks that if black isn't one of your school colors, you shouldn't be allowed to use it in your uniform.

Is it possible to have uniforms any more boring than, say, Penn State??

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

KSU had interesting unis in the early 80s....they had sort of a matte gray helmet (not silver) with purple facemasks. The pants were gray too. Understated but I liked them.

Of course, they sucked then and Nebraska was still good, so I can be forgiven if my perception is skewed because of that.

KSU had interesting unis in the early 80s....they had sort of a matte gray helmet (not silver) with purple facemasks. The pants were gray too. Understated but I liked them.

You are correct and they did look great. The matte gray looked almost lavender with the purple decal and facemask and it actually looked good.

Ape.

Is it possible to have uniforms any more boring than, say, Penn State??

Ah, but they're not as boring when you're winning championships. They're incredibly boring when you're going 0-11.

Or tying KU in a year that, I think, both of them went 1-9-1 (Maybe KU won 2, I'm not 100 percent certain).

Ape.

You never know... they might not completely screw it up.

Nah....I'm imagining black home unis with purple numbers trimmed in silver....and purple pants.

What hacks me about black is how people add it on a whim. Fort Scott Community College got a new men's basketball coach 3 years ago. The road uniforms he got are black with maroon numbers trimmed in grey (it's not "silver" because it's a dull color).

Black isn't one of our colors. And there's not a bit of black in the HOME uniforms even though they're of the same design.

And the maroon doesn't look maroon, either. It looks a couple of shades too bright.

All in all, horrible uniforms. And this is what makes me think that black in K-State's football unforms is going to be tremendously sucky.

Ape.

That kind of sucks. K-State has one of the classiest uniforms in 1-A football.

Totally agree. K-State had one of the two one or two looks in the nation. Just change for the sake of change. Totally unwarranted and stupid....

• LMU locked this topic

Archived