I hope this happens

tmorss9

damn beat me too it... I loves my penguins and it would be great to cheer for a canadian team... but do they have to move to the 'peg... why not quebec city... Lemieux would put butts in the seats there

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

It can happen. Quad's right. Right now, Winnipeg has a better chance of landing the next J-Lo or Gere movie than the Penguins, but... if the NHL takes it to the NHLPA during the lockout and actually fixes the game's financial side, Winnipeg can become a viable NHL destination. Face it. The new MTS Centre will hold around 15,000... most NHL teams only draw about 14,000 anyway, and in Winnipeg that would be an intense atmosphere, fans who care, media coverage, and the owner isn't paying rent on 8 to 10 thousand empty seats.

...and GMac, don't worry... there's always the banjo. :D J/K please don't hurt me. :;):

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

If the Pens get a new arena, do you think that more fans will come. They do play in the oldest building in the NHL. Oh and I think Winnipeg is better off not landing the next J-Lo movie. Can someone say Gigli?

I saw, I came, I left.

If a team can't survive in Pittsburgh, it won't survive in Canada, if all the bitching and moaning about the sports financial situation up there is correct.

If people are afraid of the Canadiens moving someday, something is not right...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If the Pens get a new arena, do you think that more fans will come. They do play in the oldest building in the NHL.

For a little while, until the novelty wore off. Maybe 1 or 2 years of decent attendance, and if, in that time, they didn't build a winning, or at least promising team, things would quickly drop off.

Of course, a particularly good arena will extend the period of novelty (ie. downtown, high tech, fun experience, etc), but it takes very few bad elements to ruin everything (see: the Big Owe in Mtl for a list of what not to do).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Of course, a particularly good arena will extend the period of novelty (ie. downtown, high tech, fun experience, etc), but it takes very few bad elements to ruin everything (see: the Big Owe in Mtl for a list of what not to do).

Interesting you mentioned the the big O because at least the Igloo's retractable roof worked!  :D

I saw, I came, I left.

I'd love to see Winnipeg return, hell I'd love to see the Nordiques return too! in a perfect world, neither team would have left and The Nordiques would have some shiney rings on their fingers...at least in my dreams Sakic and Roy are in Nordiques jerseys when they hoisted the Cup....

Roy would not have been on that team if they stayed in Quebec--He would have gone to a different team in the West...but hey it's your dream, so go ahead see hin a Nord's uniform.

While it is unlikely--hey how about them Winterpeg Penguins?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Winnipeg Penguins, doesn't sound right.  I say bring back the Jets name.  OR, for Sterling's sake, make it the Moose!  And wear Sterling's third jersey permanently the home jersey.

(I smell new concepts coming!)

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Penguins is ok.. the logo is sweet as well...

Jets... it's very generic, but the way they got the name was kinda cool.. still, their logos left alot to be desired...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Jets always looked really plain. I enjoy nice, simple designs, but they were dull

Penguins? now thats an origonal name. I was pumped when they brought back the skating penguin logo...it's a true favorite of mine, Pittsburg may not be an ideal market right now, but if they get a new arena deal, it could turn thigns around for the team, I would hate to see the Penguin dissappear

Penguins is ok.. the logo is sweet as well...

Jets... it's very generic, but the way they got the name was kinda cool.. still, their logos left alot to be desired...

yea, what is that with teams named the jets.

Hey, it might not have been perfect (despite what I may personally believe), but it's a whole heck of a lot more airplane-related than New York's other football team.

No, I don't think the city of Winnipeg would go for a drastically different design, if even a different design period. It's like the Cleveland Browns. It may not be what everybody likes, but it's what we like, and so that's what it's gonna be.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived