ASU Baseball uniforms

Lumbergh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

asu3.png

asu.png

I love the cap, and I really love the homes. I'd prefer it if they said "Sun Devil" (I don't like "Jays" or "Rays" either), but that font is sharp.

I don't really like the roads. I'd rather they put the school name on there rather than the nickname in a different font. And the super-custom number font looks odd with the classic script font.

I read your take on the jerseys, see the picture, think of the Seinfeld episode where Puddy keeps yelling "Devils." maybe that's ASU's goal here...to scare old Catholic priests out of the priesthood.

I still think we have the sweetest sets in the NCAA...plus we added another set this year making it about 6 total.

Oh...did I mention we are ranked #1 in the nation again now?

Depends on your poll. The Noles are #1 in several polls (three of the 4). Right now, only Baseball America has South Carolina #1.

Well, most that follow college baseball only take the BA poll seriously and consider it THE poll- but that is true, FSU is also ranked number 1 in other polls (mainly due to their previous undefeated record against insanely inferior opponents).

I still think we have the sweetest sets in the NCAA...plus we added another set this year making it about 6 total.

Carolina is No. 1 right now? Guess that means they won't be making any trips to Riley Park any time soon. Is it true Tanner now refuses to come to Charleston and will only play CofC or The Citadel in Columbia?

And yes those ASU unis look cheap/bland with no yellow trim on either set. They would be very sharp h.s. unis.

Yes we are number 1 in the Baseball America poll. That was a small cheap shot, and I will give it to you on the Citadel and CofC one point wins, but let's be very honest here...winning a series against us wouldn't happen.

As far as games only being in Columbia, that is not true. That occured for a short while because the coach was a prick and would not shake Coach Toman's hand after the game- Tanner said he would not play a team who's coach acted that way.

What year was it that Carolina won some ridiculous amount of games (like 50 or 60) and didn't even make it out of the Super Regional?

Not exactly sure, but you do realize that is the round before the World Series. That means only 8 teams make it out. At any rate, we have been to 3 of the last 5 World Series and plan to make it number 4 this year.

Depends on your poll. The Noles are #1 in several polls (three of the 4). Right now, only Baseball America has South Carolina #1.

Well, most that follow college baseball only take the BA poll seriously and consider it THE poll- but that is true, FSU is also ranked number 1 in other polls (mainly due to their previous undefeated record against insanely inferior opponents).

Carolina is No. 1 right now? Guess that means they won't be making any trips to Riley Park any time soon. Is it true Tanner now refuses to come to Charleston and will only play CofC or The Citadel in Columbia?

And yes those ASU unis look cheap/bland with no yellow trim on either set. They would be very sharp h.s. unis.

Yes we are number 1 in the Baseball America poll. That was a small cheap shot, and I will give it to you on the Citadel and CofC one point wins, but let's be very honest here...winning a series against us wouldn't happen.

As far as games only being in Columbia, that is not true. That occured for a short while because the coach was a prick and would not shake Coach Toman's hand after the game- Tanner said he would not play a team who's coach acted that way.

What year was it that Carolina won some ridiculous amount of games (like 50 or 60) and didn't even make it out of the Super Regional?

Not exactly sure, but you do realize that is the round before the World Series. That means only 8 teams make it out. At any rate, we have been to 3 of the last 5 World Series and plan to make it number 4 this year.

I'd disagree. Most people I know that follow college baseball seriously take Collegiate Baseball at least as seriously as they take BA. Also, that insanely inferior competition includes (for what it's wotrh) two SEC teams and an undefeated record in conference play.

I'd disagree. Most people I know that follow college baseball seriously take Collegiate Baseball at least as seriously as they take BA. Also, that insanely inferior competition includes (for what it's wotrh) two SEC teams and an undefeated record in conference play.

Please don't try arguing with me on that point. It is widely accepted by every single voter and baseball analyst in the land that FSU has one of the weakest OOC schedule in the nation and is untested so far. This doesn't mean they won't be successful as the season progresses, but so far- they have played a tee ball schedule.

As far as Baseball America goes, I just think they are known as the most trusted baseball poll there is. MVP NCAA Baseball uses the poll, ESPN uses it, and most analysts will reference it.

If its good enough for Will Clark its good enough for me!

Ungh?!?!

Will Clark went to Mississippi State IIRC. Barry Bonds went to ASU. (Sorry, Squeaks...)

Carolina is No. 1 right now?

No... SOUTH Carolina is #1 in 1 of the 4 major polls [baseball America]. Carolina is the school to the north... also ranked #1 this season, national runners-up last year, etc. etc. :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Ungh?!?!

Will Clark went to Mississippi State IIRC. Barry Bonds went to ASU. (Sorry, Squeaks...)

No... SOUTH Carolina is #1 in 1 of the 4 major polls [baseball America]. Carolina is the school to the north... also ranked #1 this season, national runners-up last year, etc. etc. :D

Let's examine that "etc, etc, etc" shall we? I believe we did knock you out of the regionals in 2002, knocked you out of the Super Regionals in 2003, beat you during the regular season in 2004 and knocked you out of the regionals AGAIN that year! When I say baseball and I say Carolina, we are talking about the good guys to the South! *toilet flushes*

Soon enough you will feel the same pain on the gridiron.

Ungh?!?!

Let's examine that "etc, etc, etc" shall we? I believe we did knock you out of the regionals in 2002, knocked you out of the Super Regionals in 2003, beat you during the regular season in 2004 and knocked you out of the regionals AGAIN that year! When I say baseball and I say Carolina, we are talking about the good guys to the South! *toilet flushes*

Do these two schools even play football against each other? Because i don't recall ever ahving witnessed one singular game between the two...and it's one I'd actually like to see.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Do these two schools even play football against each other? Because i don't recall ever having witnessed one singular game between the two...and it's one I'd actually like to see.

We don't play regularly, ever since the Gamecocks left the ACC for the Metro, and ultimately for the SEC.

But fear not, B - on 13 October, they'll be paying Chapel Hill a visit; we repay the favor in 2010 (why so long?? WTF??) down in Columbia.

Were it up to me, I'd love to have USC back in the ACC. Besides stoking an already rabid rivalry with Clemson, South Carolina is a much better fit with the other schools in the ACC than say... oh, I dunno... a small, private Catholic school in New England, for example. I don't know what the SEC would do to replace USC, but they'd have been an almost ideal choice to (re)join the ACC - not that my opinion matters, or that anyone approached the 'Cocks about a return. Should be a good game, although I think UNC is a year or two away from undoing the damage of... well, almost everything that happened since Mack Brown headed to Austin. :mad:

That said, and at the risk of getting roasted by South Carolinians and taking this way off topic, but honestly - what makes you think South Carolina is the school that should refer to itself as "Carolina"? I know both schools do, but USC seems to try to throw it around a little more. But why? On the national level, UNC is far better known, both academically and athletically. I realize that there's another school that goes by USC that is also far more visible on the national level (academically and athletically as well), but you have the same identity crisis in choosing to try and dub yourself "Carolina". I've always wondered why USC does this - is it tradition? Inferiority complex? What? If anyone knows, I'd love to know.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Do these two schools even play football against each other? Because i don't recall ever having witnessed one singular game between the two...and it's one I'd actually like to see.

We don't play regularly, ever since the Gamecocks left the ACC for the Metro, and ultimately for the SEC.

But fear not, B - on 13 October, they'll be paying Chapel Hill a visit; we repay the favor in 2010 (why so long?? WTF??) down in Columbia.

Were it up to me, I'd love to have USC back in the ACC. Besides stoking an already rabid rivalry with Clemson, South Carolina is a much better fit with the other schools in the ACC than say... oh, I dunno... a small, private Catholic school in New England, for example. I don't know what the SEC would do to replace USC, but they'd have been an almost ideal choice to (re)join the ACC - not that my opinion matters, or that anyone approached the 'Cocks about a return. Should be a good game, although I think UNC is a year or two away from undoing the damage of... well, almost everything that happened since Mack Brown headed to Austin. :mad:

That said, and at the risk of getting roasted by South Carolinians and taking this way off topic, but honestly - what makes you think South Carolina is the school that should refer to itself as "Carolina"? I know both schools do, but USC seems to try to throw it around a little more. But why? On the national level, UNC is far better known, both academically and athletically. I realize that there's another school that goes by USC that is also far more visible on the national level (academically and athletically as well), but you have the same identity crisis in choosing to try and dub yourself "Carolina". I've always wondered why USC does this - is it tradition? Inferiority complex? What? If anyone knows, I'd love to know.

It's called Marketing.

It's called Marketing.

But that's exactly my point!

They're not the best-known "Carolina", and they're not the best-known "USC". It comes off looking more like the little brother trying to escape his big brother's shadow than it does clever marketing.

2007nleastchamps.png

It's called Marketing.

They're not the best-known "Carolina", and they're not the best-known "USC". It comes off looking more like the little brother trying to escape his big brother's shadow than it does clever marketing.

Well South Carolina have something that they can market on merchandise that no one else has, and have done so.... COCKS!

*he he he he he he he he... cocks....*

I saw, I came, I left.

It's called Marketing.

That's arguable. When ever I hear Carolina, I think South Carolina. Whenever I hear UNC I think Chapel Hill. I'd say south Carolina is the best known carolina because UNC has diluted its brand by using UNC more often than not and having the satellite schools use UNC as well. UNC-Greensboro, UNC-Wilmington. I've never heard them called Carolina-Greensboro or Carolina-Wilmington.

The language and logos belonging to the University include, but are not limited to, the words "University of North Carolina", "UNC" and "Tar Heels"; and logos of The Old Well, University Seal, Interlocking NC and Strutting Ram.

I see not mention of the term "Carolina" as a trademark.

Yet here: USC Trademarks

WHAT ARE OUR TRADEMARKS?

Our trademarks include the "Block C", the Gamecock, the University Seal, the University logo, and "Cocky", the Gamecock mascot. Verbiage that is licensed and monitored includes "USC", "University of South Carolina", "Gamecock", or any variation, such as "South Carolina Gamecocks, Carolina Gamecocks, or Fighting Gamecocks.

So if anyone has a claim at "Carolina", it's the Gamecocks. They've at least got the solo trademarked.

We would never join the Almost Competitive Conference ever ever ever again. The SEC is where it is at in almost all sports in the nation and we enjoy participating in the conference- it will make us a better team in years to come and right now we are on a rise, at least I think.

Don't get me wrong, I am actually a huge UNC basketball fan...but I just never call them "Carolina." Of course I am biased, but I think we have an edge here...besides women's soccer and basketball, I think we have the athletics covered. We also have beautiful beaches and beautiful women, that has to count for something. I may be wrong, but I hear the term "Carolina Gamecocks" much more than I hear "Carolina Tar Heels"...it's always preceded with UNC or NORTH CAROLINA.

Besides that, we both market the term "Carolina" on merchandise so it's hard to say who owns the term. I think it's pretty simple in our own state's what Carolina means when it's said...but I guess I am not sure about the rest of the nation.

We would never join the Almost Competitive Conference ever ever ever again. The SEC is where it is at in almost all sports in the nation and we enjoy participating in the conference- it will make us a better team in years to come and right now we are on a rise, at least I think.

Yeah, it worked out fine for you guys. It was a much better idea when USC was slumming in the Metro with Florida State. Why did USC leave in the first place? The ACC more or less traded out USC for Georgia Tech, which worked out OK, but I never understood getting out of the ACC and winding up in the Metro.

Don't get me wrong, I am actually a huge UNC basketball fan...but I just never call them "Carolina."

It's going to be hard to detach biases from this, as we're on opposite sides. I'd say the exact same thing, though. I have no real beef with the Gamecocks, but they'll never be "Carolina" to me.

Of course I am biased, but I think we have an edge here...besides women's soccer and basketball, I think we have the athletics covered.

Repectfully disagree. SEC football is the province of (in no particular order) Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Auburn and Alabama. While they all have up and down years, and while having Spurrier (for now) makes USC a team to be reckoned with, they're not the class of the conference. SEC basketball is the dominion of Kentucky and Florida, with Vanderbilt beginning to show some consistency. Even LSU and Alabama are good for a good year now and then. USC fields a great baseball team every year, and they've won a few regular season titles, and 1 SEC tournament.

Even going back before their admission to the SEC, there's not a lot of titles in USC history at the conference level. 1 ACC football title, 1 ACC men's hoops title, 4 bowl game wins, 13 bowl appearances... some swimming & diving, some tennis, some track success. Where's the success, either recent or historic, that suggests USC has any edge in athletics? What are you calling an edge? 1 national title in track?

IIRC, UNC has 38 national titles and over a hundred conference titles. I'll throw Lawrence Taylor and Michael Jordan up against George Rogers and your choice of basketball player.

I can't think of a time where USC reigned over a conference; I have seen periods where Carolina wins more than its fair share of titles. The legion of ABC [Anybody But Carolina] fans root against UNC, not USC. Aside from Clemson, what other school puts the bullseye on USC's back?

I'm trying to be objective, but I'm having a hard time seeing where this is even close. Women's soccer, men's and women's basketball for starters; conference, national excellence and revenue. Football's yours (although we were a Top 5 program only 10 years ago... :cursing: MACK BROWN!), and I'll even give you a slight edge in baseball.

We also have beautiful beaches and beautiful women, that has to count for something. I may be wrong, but I hear the term "Carolina Gamecocks" much more than I hear "Carolina Tar Heels"...it's always preceded with UNC or NORTH CAROLINA.

We've also got beaches, and beautiful women. So that's a draw at worst. And I hear Carolina Tar Heels... but clearly I'm going to be biased here. ^_^

Besides that, we both market the term "Carolina" on merchandise so it's hard to say who owns the term. I think it's pretty simple in our own state's what Carolina means when it's said...but I guess I am not sure about the rest of the nation.

As a lifelong New Jerseyan who had the good fortune to spend 4 wonderful years in Chapel Hill, I have a little more of an outsider's slant. On a national level (or at least a level outside of the southeast), Carolina refers to UNC. Comparing the schools, UNC has had more success on the regional and national stage athletically, and is a more renowned school academically (a Public Ivy, annually one of the Top 25 schools in the country, annually among the Top 5 public schools). Again, I'd be lying if I said I weren't biased, but perception can't be overlooked, either.

That said, I have no beef with USC, and I join you in your dislike of all things purple and orange. See you in October (or sooner on the diamond...).

2007nleastchamps.png

From what I understand, USC left the ACC because they had suspicions of recruiting violations and many of the other ACC schools that were not being punished and handled correctly. They also weren't happy about the "control" of the ACC by the dominant North Carolina schools...it was more like a dictatorship to them I believe...so they ran for it.

I also shall admit and rephrase a comment I made, which you rightfully disproved me on. I think RIGHT NOW, South Carolina has the edge in athletics...even on a national stage. You guys certainly have the titles and championships to prove we are nowhere near your athletic history, so I will bow down to that one.

Plus, please remember I am a UNC basketball fan (since 8 years old) and wouldn't dare tarnish their achievements! :)

While I agree that in the past we have sat in the bottom of our division in football with Vandy and Kentucky, I think it's necessary to realize we are on the way up right now. Spurrier has really rejuvenated the program and the crowd has always been there to support the program, so that was a given. UGAly, UcheaT, and UF now know that we are no pushover when we come into town and they are going to have a hell of a time getting a win at Williams-Brice.

I guess also when I think of SPORTS I mainly think basketball, baseball, and football....SOMETIMES soccer although I don't really care too much (but do know of UNC's success in soccer, VERY impressive). That is why I said we had the edge right NOW I believe...but who knows, guess we will have to wait until October to know for sure!

Archived