Race for the Presidents Trophy

Gary

BUFF-A-LO

If Buffalo gets one more win, regardless if Detroit wins or not, they get the trophy because they have the tie breaker.

Let's hope then enjoy that trophy then. Cause they ain't wnning the cup.

Couldnt have said it any better myself

Cause Philly and Toronto have a better chance at it.

well even if you guys do make it you do have a little opponent called... NASHVILLE

switch Nashville with Detroit and you have a done deal, Nashville has become Detroits own little *****

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the Presidents' Trophy? Yeah, the race for who gets jinxed in the playoffs. No team that has won the Presidents' Trophy has won the Stanley Cup since Colorado in 2001.

2001 was only 6 years ago... (And it's actually only been 4 seasons since it's happened)

Not bad considering there's only a 1 in 16 chance of the Presidents' Trophy winner also raising the Stanley Cup.

Hardly a jinx.

Oh...I know we aren't assured a cup, but they have a good chance at it. I was just saying that Philly (0% chance) and Toronto (.01% chance) have a very minute chance at it.

And Nashville does look scary, but I am most scared of the Devils. Brodeur could get hot and kill us.

Ignore those guys. The Sabres could be 15-0 in the playoffs and, going into Game 4 of the Finals, half the guys here would still be saying they don't have a shot.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

And the Buffalo Sabres are your league points champions!!!!

FYP

The hockey gods don't approve of premature championship proclaiming. Also, was the entire population of Buffalo in DC this weekend, or did it just seem like it?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

there were tons of sabres fans there today. it was awesome hearing ovechkin being booed in his home arena

Ummm no it wasn't. Speaking as a fan of a team that has been booed in its home stadium because it was overrun with road fans, I find that entirely tasteless and rude. I was sorely tempted to knock the Sabre fan in front of me over the rail for being a jacka$$, honestly.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

We're everwhere. :ninja:

Yes we are.

As for those of you who think its classless to go to an away game to support your team, what would you do if you were living in another NHL city away from your hometown, with about 500 other displaced guys from your hometown, and you wanted to see your team play? That's what happens to Buffalo kids. They go byebye, but their heart stays with the city.

Yes we are.

As for those of you who think its classless to go to an away game to support your team, what would you do if you were living in another NHL city away from your hometown, with about 500 other displaced guys from your hometown, and you wanted to see your team play? That's what happens to Buffalo kids. They go byebye, but their heart stays with the city.

I have no problem with them coming. I do have a problem with raw arrogance/booing the home team's best player whenever he touches the puck.

Today, we are all otaku.

Yes we are.

I have no problem with them coming. I do have a problem with raw arrogance/booing the home team's best player whenever he touches the puck.

The solution to that, of course, is for the home team's fans to buy tickets to the game.

Yes we are.

The solution to that, of course, is for the home team's fans to buy tickets to the game.

Kinda hard to do when the Buffalo bandwagoners come out of nowhere and buy them up first.

And just because the Capitals are having a bad season and nobody wants to spend money on them doesn't give Sabres fans the right to be :censored:s.

Boo players that deserve it... like Bertuzzi. Not star players and overall good guys like Ovechkin. But I doubt most of the Sabres fans there would even know the difference between the two.

Yes we are.

Kinda hard to do when the Buffalo bandwagoners come out of nowhere and buy them up first.

And just because the Capitals are having a bad season and nobody wants to spend money on them doesn't give Sabres fans the right to be :censored:s.

Boo players that deserve it... like Bertuzzi. Not star players and overall good guys like Ovechkin. But I doubt most of the Sabres fans there would even know the difference between the two.

So what you are saying is, "I would like to make a valid point but I'm going to make it so no one is even going to see it by insulting another team's fans who spent money at my team's arena." Is that about it?

I will say that the people who didn't actually appear to be bandwagoners (those who had, for example, "goat" or "throwback" instead of "buffaslug" memorabillia on) were better behaved and didn't seem to boo (or at least boo as loudly).

Again, this is coming from a guy who is a Blues fan, and who only goes to Caps games because

1) I don't get chances to go to NHL games when I'm at college and before because I live at least 3 hours away from St. Louis both at home and at DePauw

2) I'm in DC for this one semester, and can get college discounts.

3) I want to be able to tell the Grandkids I saw these guys play in person, and see some good hockey as well.

Today, we are all otaku.

I will say that the people who didn't actually appear to be bandwagoners (those who had, for example, "goat" or "throwback" instead of "buffaslug" memorabillia on) were better behaved and didn't seem to boo (or at least boo as loudly).

Again, this is coming from a guy who is a Blues fan, and who only goes to Caps games because

1) I don't get chances to go to NHL games when I'm at college and before because I live at least 3 hours away from St. Louis both at home and at DePauw

2) I'm in DC for this one semester, and can get college discounts.

3) I want to be able to tell the Grandkids I saw these guys play in person, and see some good hockey as well.

Look at the NHL's frozen Moment today. Not a single person holding up the sign was wearing a slug jersey. There are people surrounding them wearing Slug stuff, but that's becasue there's so much of the damn stuff.

I seem to recall Ovechkin boarding Briere earlier in the season, a move that earned him a game misconduct. I'd argue that he does deserve to be booed by Sabres fans.

I seem to recall Ovechkin boarding Briere earlier in the season, a move that earned him a game misconduct. I'd argue that he does deserve to be booed by Sabres fans.

Was this before or after the spear to the balls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9OY_N7DzE

Look at the NHL's frozen Moment today. Not a single person holding up the sign was wearing a slug jersey. There are people surrounding them wearing Slug stuff, but that's becasue there's so much of the damn stuff.

I was in the upper bowl, not down there. Lot more slugs and booing in the upper part of the arena.

Today, we are all otaku.

Was this before or after the spear to the balls?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih9OY_N7DzE

Well, then.. perhaps the Caps fans should have showed up to the game to boo Briere.

Where were all your fans before the lockout? Just curious, when the Flyers and Leafs are in their down years, and it doesnt happen often, its still full houses every night. See, this is one of the things that pisses me off about Sabres fans. Noone shows up, and now all of a sudden, they try to act like its Red Sox nation. You sit here and try and belittle the Flyers and Leafs like theyre your bitches or something, when the reality is, theres more history of success and tradition now than will EVER be in your joke of a city. Im done with making "classless" jokes on here. So, from now on, its just the facts. Frankly, I dont care if you beat us 9-1 this year. The bottom line is CHAMPIONSHIPS. We have two of them, the Leafs have 13. I dont care if they were won 30 or 40 years ago, the bottom line is they were won, and you dont have any. So if the Sabres win the Cup this year, come on here, and let me have it, because Ill deserve it. Until then, stop pretending your team and your city is God's gift to the hockey world. Ive had just about enough of the Buffalo homerism.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived