San Diego Padres Uniform Set

blackbeard's delight

Inspiration for this one comes from those daring teams in the early 80's who weren't afraid to sport pinstripes on colors other than white or gray. The Padres have shown the willingness to work against the grain with the sand colored away uniforms in recent years, so I thought they'd be a good place to start for this goofy idea.

435369529_a67ce01c18_b.jpg

These look really, really nice. I'm always a fan of pinstripes. I like the away cap with the tan bill. I'm not sure how I feel about the tan pants, but I can imagine those jerseys as not looking horrible with the blue pants. Or maybe they would. But, nice work.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Inspiration for this one comes from those daring teams in the early 80's who weren't afraid to sport pinstripes on colors other than white or gray. The Padres have shown the willingness to work against the grain with the sand colored away uniforms in recent years, so I thought they'd be a good place to start for this goofy idea.

-_- aaahhhhhhh.....nah.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

-_- aaahhhhhhh.....nah.

Listen to your sig, dont be a blockhead. Is there any reason why you dont like these.

Anyways these are nice blackbeard's delight just use the blue cap without the different colored bils and make the silver jersey gray.

-_- aaahhhhhhh.....nah.

Listen to your sig, dont be a blockhead. Is there any reason why you dont like these.

Anyways these are nice blackbeard's delight just use the blue cap without the different colored bils and make the silver jersey gray.

Hey no-name calling. Anyway, this isn't the 80s anymore. These look like they came out of a time machine. I just don't see how these would pass in these times w/o fanbacklash.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

honestly i just don't see these working - the new US soccer kits look like your aways a little bit and i think those look horrendous (the soccer kits that is) - also, as a phillies fan, i can't stop thinking about how bad their solid red uni's looked from a few decades ago, i just don't think these would work

worldchampsll1.png

I'd say more 90's than 80's. They remind me of the shirts Starter used to make that Kriss Kross and the rest were always wearing. Which isn't to say they are bad, but dark colors and pinstripes always give off that strange feel of a novelty item. That's just me though.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

The Cubs had a blue away uniform somewhat like yours some fifteen or twenty years back. Their pinstripes were white, though, and looking back it was a pretty nice look.

X.jpg

If we're going 80s Padres, why not put 'em back in the brown jersey with the yellow and orange trim, with the cool hat with the yellow triangle? I loved that look then, and believe it or not, I still love it.

I don't think the Pads need pinstripes for any reason whatsoever. These concepts are interesting to look at, but I don't know if they'd translate to the field.

White or Grey pants please. That's pinstripe overdose there.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived