Lsu purples

puckcool22

Although those unis look pretty sweet, I think LSU is a lot like Georgia Tech...they only wear colored jerseys when they are forced to.... I go to all of Tech's home games and I think they've only worn their Gold jerseys three times in four years that I know of  ('00 home game vs. Wake Forest; '02 home game vs. Wake Forest and '03 home game vs. Auburn)

Correct me if I am wrong please

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

BTW, here is Tech's seldom used gold jersey:

ball-lg.jpg

[That pic is of Reggie Ball, our true freshmen starting QB]

And here is the preferred home and road jersey:

Daniels01-lg.jpg

[That is a pic of P.J. Daniels jumping over a Clemson guy in those garbage purple unis....In person those CU jerseys make your eyes burn]

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Yeah, I guess it's like the Cowboys; they have to be playing another team that wears white at home to wear the colored jerseys. But in the NCAA those teams are even more rare than in the NFL, so that's prolly why we never see em. Personally, I think both teams' white home unis are pretty boring.

Nice pics of Tech. I preferred their jerseys the last few years, with gold numbers, outlined in white. The black looks odd to me, a Tech alumn

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

this actually brings me to another question, why was USC, as the home team in the Rose Bowl, wearing their road white jerseys?

i'm thinking it was because Michigan was the designated 'home' team(could be wrong). actually felt like a rose bowl for the first time in a couple years.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Bowls other than the Championship don't use the seedings to determine home/away. It rotates year to year. This year the Pac-10 team was designated as the visitor. If you saw the beginning of the game, USC also called the coin flip, as is custom for the visitor.

BTW, here is Tech's seldom used gold jersey:

ball-lg.jpg

[That pic is of Reggie Ball, our true freshmen starting QB]

here is my argument for people who say jersey colors should always be lighter than pant colors for colored jerseys. These would look mch better IMO with say black pants.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Tradition. In the 40's, 50's, and 60's, most college teams only wore one jersey. Most teams wore a team color jersey forr both home and away, but LSU always wore white. The tradition has remained.

Actually, NCAA rules mandate that the home team wears a dark jersey while the road team wears a white jersey. In order to wear white at home, LSU (and Georgia Tech,) need to get permission from the visiting team.

A few years ago, Vanderbilt refused to allow LSU to wear white at home, so LSU broke out yellow jerseys instead of wearing their purples.

And a couple of years ago, Florida wound up wearing white in the Swamp vs. LSU.

I believe LSU has primarily worn the white jerseys at home for only the past six years or so. I remember them wearing their purple jerseys all the time when I was growing up.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Tradition. In the 40's, 50's, and 60's, most college teams only wore one jersey. Most teams wore a team color jersey forr both home and away, but LSU always wore white. The tradition has remained.

Actually, NCAA rules mandate that the home team wears a dark jersey while the road team wears a white jersey. In order to wear white at home, LSU (and Georgia Tech,) need to get permission from the visiting team.

A few years ago, Vanderbilt refused to allow LSU to wear white at home, so LSU broke out yellow jerseys instead of wearing their purples.

And a couple of years ago, Florida wound up wearing white in the Swamp vs. LSU.

I believe LSU has primarily worn the white jerseys at home for only the past six years or so. I remember them wearing their purple jerseys all the time when I was growing up.

anyone have any pics of these yellow jerseys?

was it all yellow?

signature.gif

LSU - looks kinda like the Vikings (MINN), stripes look larger than the Vike's Purples.  Nice unis!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Just talked to one of our football administrators here at UT. He said the NCAA has no such rule. The home team can elect to wear whatever combination they want, provided they inform the visiting team within seven days of the game. The rule is the same for every sport.

The exception is postseason games in sports other than football. In postseason games other than football, the home team must wear a white or light colored jersey, unless they request special permission to wear a "lucky" jersey.

u mean navy blue, because their is no black on that uniform

Uhm.. the numbers are black. Trust me. I own one of these jerseys.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived