BC Lions Concept

nwtrailtrekker

Dayumm, for paint that's pretty awesome. Like the poster above my said, it needs so aggression in the face, but that's a really nice start. It's tough to compete in contests with a lot of great contestants that have illustrator/photoshop, but this is a solid job.

Guest darkpiranha

I like the shapes you have going around the eyes, and the eyes themselves. Maybe try doing a logo that isolates the eyes and the pattern you have there.

I would suggest using a male lion. This lion either looks female, or like a cub, neither of which look too tough (even though a female lion would absolutely destroy me).

The BC Lions aren't named after African lions, but mountain lions (aka cougars, pumas).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_lions

Not bad at all!!!!

Looks a little too Cincinnati Bengalish at first.

I love the addition of the stylized maple leaf on the neck, reminds me of Vancouver Giants.

I would try to rotate the Lion slightly, counterclockwise, if you keep him facing this way, clockwise if he's facing forward.

Don't like the red nose, I'd go black, or dark grey if you want to keep the black lines/outline in it.

Don't care much for the Alternate with teh outline of the province as I find it redundant to the name. People don't really identify to the shape of a map, I'd rather see a Rockies outline in the background, maybe black or dark grey, with the silhouette of your Lion in it.

I don't mind that he's not too angry, actually.

Keep up the good work!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

my biggest problems with this logo are that the shape looks somewhat distorted and i think the football laces on the head look very forced (as does the maple leaf...but i didn't even know WHAT that was until someone else pointed it out)

jldesigns404eo.png

you lion is a girl lion right? man lions have manes. at the moment it sort of looks like the "bc pms lionesses".

get the mouth open, show a bit of tooth and give the lad some hair. he ll come good.

fair enough for just using paint tho. im impressed.

FRANKEN-LION SMASH ALL!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, what's up with his head? It looks like he has stitches!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

you lion is a girl lion right? man lions have manes. at the moment it sort of looks like the "bc pms lionesses".

get the mouth open, show a bit of tooth and give the lad some hair. he ll come good.

fair enough for just using paint tho. im impressed.

The name BC Lions is meant to represent the mountain lion, which is actually a cougar. So it would not have a mane, as it isn't an African type lion. This could be a male or female mountain lion. So no mane is needed.

Whyd U make a girl lion?

Girl lions <<<< Boy lions.

J/K

As for the logo, the leaf really isn't necessary IMHO. What team in the CFL isn't Canadian?

The football stitches going east-west across his head look strange at best... they contradict the natural north-south flow of the facial features.

The Lions need an update, but I don't think this is it. As Frenchie put it, it looks a lot like the Bengals, and it just leaves the viewer feeling pretty blah.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived