Calgary Flames Concept

tulanebc

I was sitting back one day thinking..."Why does Calgary have black on the jersey when it's obviously stupid?" My answer was this: Orange. Why not? Now, it's not slathered all over the place, nor are their squiggly lines making crazy hems and etc. My hockey jerseys are based on the older templates, with old-school inspired designs just updated. I use MSPaint, of course (I have computer issues right now...) so I'm doing the best I can with what I have. Anyways...I took what I saw from Flames jerseys in the past and present and did a mish-mash with them, minus the black. It IS possible to do a Flames concept without using that color that wasn't needed for so many years before the current duds. Here you go, plus the orange, minus the black, and a slight homage to Mike Vernon....

...even though I AM an Oilers fan.....you'll see an Edmonton 'cept soon.

Comments and Criticism are welcome, and any ideas you might have, PLEASE tell me, and I'll try and impliment them!

calgarynewhomege1.gif

calgarynewawayba5.gif

*EDITED - ADDED MORE ORANGE....you know, 'cause you couldn't see it before.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Um.... Can you say Ketchup and Mustard?

I like and dislike it.

First off, I love the flames black, the black jersey they had a while back rocked!

While reading I thought there was gonna be a lot more orange, you barely used it.

Overall I like it, simple, but cool.

Nice job

Honestly this is a step backwards. The Flames adding black was a nice modernization, this feels like it's stepping back in time to the 70s.

I understand where you're coming from and it's a good effort, but I personally am not feeling it.

stoneraizersig.jpg

I'm a fan of these. I don't really like the black in the Flames unis. They're nice enough unis, but, I like these better I think. There's not a flaming horse! That's always a good thing. Fo sho. I very much like the shoulders and the sleeves. The dark jersey is very nice. I like the white flames logo. White number outlines look nice on the dark jerseys too. On a random note, recolor of the Reebok logo looks cool.

And, hey, thanks for reminding me of STANLEY CUP CHAMPION (with my Red Wings) Mike Vernon.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Haha...anytime..I'm glad someone doesn't like the black like I do....

...but then, I'm glad to see differing opinions like mine.....MAN I love this site!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Too much yellow. Way too much yellow. Ow...now my corneas hurt thanks to your concept.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Uhhh...yellow? There's more orange than yellow on there...minus the numbers and lettering. The Flames colors are Red, Yellow, and Black....I just switched the black for orange. It's a vivid jersey no doubt, but there isn't as much yellow as you think there is.

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Uhhh...yellow? There's more orange than yellow on there...minus the numbers and lettering. The Flames colors are Red, Yellow, and Black....I just switched the black for orange. It's a vivid jersey no doubt, but there isn't as much yellow as you think there is.

Well the yellow that IS there, paricularly the numbers on the red jersey, are hard on the eyes. Why not see if you can find a shade in between the yellow and orange you're using, and just use that, instead of both.

Okay, I see whree ya see that...I tried to do that, but the color I "invented" because pixellated...so it looked really crappy....I can try again and post those....

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Okay, I'll do a version with a dimmer yellow....and how about a version with NO orange and just black where the orange was?

willieMcGee_2.jpg

Here are 4 more versions....2 with the dimmer yellow...and two with black replacing the orange.....

calgarynewhome2ln9.gif

calgarynewaway2bk6.gif

I really like these. I think that the little bit of black gives the jerseys just enough contrast to work.

I'll agree about the black being a step in the right direction. Those red-yellow-white lineups went from bright to brighter to brightest with no relief for the retinas. Granted, they looked less intrusive in person (or on TV, I should say), but the black helps.

Kudos for trying it with the orange though. It could be worse - It's different, but I think the black puts a much needed darker element into the jersey.

Archived