Washington Capitals Concept

uniguy22

Alright, so I really like the colours the Caps use now, except I think the copper is too orange, so I replaced that with more of a gold. The eagle logo is their best IMO, so I used that for the crest. I tried to make the jersey traditional, keep the current colours, and still covey that their from the nation's capital, hence the stars. This is done in paint. I'll be doing the away jersey either tomorrow or Sunday. C & C would be great.

UPDATED

capsset2.png

after looking at it a few times, i really like it, the stars convey a bit of a throw back look, maybe if u alternated the colors of the stars on the sleeves like they do on the vintage jersey (blue and copper) it would look a little better. but otherwise i really really like this one.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I think if you went with the red, white, and blue color scheme it would look a lot better, IMO.

Def. agree. The Caps need to go back to the Red, White & Blue. I think if you change it up it would rock. :)

Its a nice concept...but I would drop the stars or make them bigger. It would look better without them IMO, I also would put a shoulder logo. I love the gold, the color scheme is amazing even though they should be wearing red, white and blue. Nice job, it would be cool to add a white and alternate to complete it.

Im seeing stars! (**)

The old Caps jersey is awesome to me but I like all vintage jerseys.

It reminds me of the All Star jersey they use to wear for the All Star games.

We get it...you like it. <_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm just posting post-padding to inflate my post totals and exposing myself as a total noob.

There... fixed that for you. (Take the hint, work on that darned netiquette, and you too can avoid these exchanges. <_< )

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

We get it...you like it. <_<

Im just posting.

Yeah try not to post a whole bunch of things like that. You can edit your posts if you want to add something. OH and now there is more than just 2 people from atlantic canada as you are from Amherst!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Yeah im new at the forum and being treated like :cursing: but im new to the whole logo thing and making jerseys too. Plus this is the first forum Ive been on where I dont know anyone.

No one is treating you like crap, just giving advice on posting.

I'm just posting post-padding to inflate my post totals and exposing myself as a total noob.

There... fixed that for you. (Take the hint, work on that darned netiquette, and you too can avoid these exchanges. <_< )

Funny stuff, though.

The colours and logo work, but the template reminds me a LOT of the Columbus Blue Jackets. What about trimming the shoulder yoke down to just above the numbers, and maybe add some stripes across the the elbow area like a traditional hockey jersey?

stoneraizersig.jpg

I really like the how you have the stars on the stripes. It really reflects how the caps are the capital of the US and stars represent the US. I also like how you stuck with one logo not instead of the two they have now.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

i think the alt woulda been better without the eagle, but with maybe the capitol building w/ just crossed hockey sticks behind it...i dont think the eagle fits with the color scheme. but i definetly love the white jersey.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived