New York Giants Concept

Armadillo19

Hey all...

So, i've been lurking here for a while and figured it was about time to really try something.

Now, I know this is far from professional grade, but I tried my best and actually spent a good two hours on it.

For my first concept I tried to keep it simple and clean, but original...basically, I have always thought the Giants could use some more red in their scheme so I attempted to bring that in.

Please go easy on me as this is my first time and I'd really like some ideas of what to do better, as well as if the general execution was done to an acceptable extent.

As I said, I know this isn't anything ground breaking, but I wanted to try my hand at something...anyway, C&C is definately welcome, just go easy on me ;)

GiantsConceptcopy.jpg

I think it looks really nice. Obviously it could use some cleanup, but it turned out all right. I like the number font you selected. My one issue is it doesn't make me think of the Giants. Some concepts really look like that team would wear it. This sort of looks like one of the generic unis you'll see in a sports movie. Clean it up, and make it feel more Giants and I think you'll have a winner.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

For a first effort, not so bad. For the Giants, not at all.

The Giants may need a tiny bit of red, but Big Blue should be, well, blue. Also, I can't see the Giants borrowing from the Jets and going with contrast-colored sleeves. Just not going to happen. The font also looks amiss for a team with 80 years of mostly distinguished history behind it.

It's OK, but it's not an NFL jersey.

PS - your socks are illegal by NFL standards. The bottom portion of the socks must be white, per league rules.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Alright, here is an updated version....I tried to use less red, but still wanted to incorporate it more than the current ones did. I also tried to add some uniqueness to take the generic-ness away from the jersey and add a little more identity.

I know it's definately still a work in progress, but hopefully an improvement over the last one...

C&C please.

GiantsConcept2.jpg

I agree with TwoRsAndTwoLs that the number font clashes with that of the rest of the concept. These somewhat remind me of the Phil Simms era jerseys, which were okay. This is solid for a first concept, keep it up and your skills will grow in no time. C+

I'd call this a lateral move.

Going with more blue befits a Giants concept.

But the blue in the helmet monogram isn't the same blue as the rest of the helmet, which looks like a mistake. I can't say I am crazy about the patch on the chest, either; it's awfully big, and now that the helmet logo is blue, looks a little strange since it doesn't match.

And what's with the butt lettering? ^_^

Keep at it; it's a good first go-round.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thank you for all your C&C.

I've tried to take your suggestions and work them into this concept, hopefully improving it.

As for the logo on the helmet, I changed it from blue back to white with a red outline instead of blue with a tiny red, and bigger white outline.

I also changed the numbers font to something more blocky, though I still don't know if it works that well...I'm doing this on photoshop so if anyone could recommend a good font it would definately be appreciated.

Lastly, I switched the patches. Firstly let me say that I added the "butt lettering" as VitaminD calls it to try to be unique. I remember seeing somewhere back someone who had a Redskins concept that was just awesome and on it was the use of a backpatch, I believe the spear, and I really thought that was cool and wanted to try to bring that in, though I do see how it might not work.

I switched the patch on the back to the patch on the front, though I'm not sure I like it...should I have any patches at all? If so, which one(s) and where?

Anyway, please continue your C&C it's greatly appreciated, thanks for your help on my first concept.

GiantsConcept3.jpg

This last one is MY favorite one yet. However, the helmet logo must be smaller, and I would switch the Giants wordmark and the ny logo on the front/back of the jersey. If you did this, which I would be anxious to see, this could really be something.

Job Well Done.

And :welcome: to the concepts club.

You are improving, but you still are missing the mark. First off, BUTT PATCHES ARE A BAD IDEA. Trust me, it doesn't look good. Secondly, the numbers are still too rounded. And the socks are a downgrade too. If you have to use the patch on the shoulder, go with NY.

Sorry I had to rip on you.

I'd download all of these fonts for further use in concepts. I'm assuming you're using a PC so the first thing you do is download the font/s and open up the folder with the files. Second, go into "My Computer", double click on the hard drive icon, double click "WINDOWS", and double click "Fonts". Keep the windows "Fonts" folder and the downloaded fonts folder open on your desktop. Now drag the downloaded fonts onto the desktop and then drag them into the windows fonts folder and they will install automatically.

http://www.geocities.com/eriqjaffe2000/fonts.html

I'd download all of these fonts for further use in concepts. I'm assuming you're using a PC so the first thing you do is download the font/s and open up the folder with the files. Second, go into "My Computer", double click on the hard drive icon, double click "WINDOWS", and double click "Fonts". Keep the windows "Fonts" folder and the downloaded fonts folder open on your desktop. Now drag the downloaded fonts onto the desktop and then drag them into the windows fonts folder and they will install automatically.

http://www.geocities.com/eriqjaffe2000/fonts.html

Ah thank you so much!

Here are a few suggestions to improve this concept:

1) Don't use JPEG. The Concept will look a lot sharper without all the artifacts.

2) Fill in the areas inside the cuffs and collar, since those would be blue as well.

3) I would suggest making the "NY" on the helmet smaller, since on a real helmet the upper portion would be curving really bad.

cttdolphins2.png

Here are a few suggestions to improve this concept:

1) Don't use JPEG. The Concept will look a lot sharper without all the artifacts.

2) Fill in the areas inside the cuffs and collar, since those would be blue as well.

3) I would suggest making the "NY" on the helmet smaller, since on a real helmet the upper portion would be curving really bad.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Instead of saving it as a Jpeg, what would you recommend?

Archived