Laval University Hockey Team Concept

SamPan81

Here it is... I pretty sure that there is actually no official hockey team in this university but anyways... I've been accepted and I going there next year so I tried to do something nice. All sports teams of UL (Université Laval) are called " Le Rouge et Or " which means : The Red and Gold. Tell me what ya think about it.

Oh and you may know about the UL's football team, they won the Vanier's Cup last year.

*** LOOK DOWN FOR UPDATES ***

HOME JERSEY

UL_Home.png

AWAY JERSEY

UL_Away.png

I'm working on the third one. Maybe I'll finish it. C & C please.

HABS : NEXT BIG THING

higginslz8.png

18 to 25

31 Carey Price --- 73 Michael Ryder

21 Chris Higgins --- 84 Guillaume Latendresse

14 Thomas Plekanec --- 08 Mike Komisarek

46 Andrei Kostystin --- 28 Kyle Chipchura

40 Maxim Lapierre --- 3 Ryan O'Byrne

00 David Fisher --- 24 Sergei Kostystin

84 Corey Locke --- 54 Mikhail Grabovski

Waaaayyyyy too busy

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I like a lot of things about that one...

But overall there is something I can't put my finge ron... I bet I'd lile it in person.

Colours? CHECK!

Striping? CHECK!

Logos? Huummm!!! I think that's it...

I really don't like the "Primary"... at least not for Laval, if it was le Collège Militaire de Saint-Jean... peut-être.

But it looks like an air force logo.

I don't mind the use of "pewter" colour as a striping accent, but should not be so predominent in the Primary...

Try switching Primary and secondary logos...

:flagcanada:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

This is a cool thread your doing. So far your concepts have been pretty cool. I'm interested in knowing, are you going to be doing just the Universities that are involved in the CIS hockey program or are you going to be other CIS Universities that you think should have a hockey program as well. If so could you do the University of Victoria Vikings (or Vikes)? Be interesting to see your take on them.

Tu sais quoi? j'enleverais les formes autour des lettres UL pour y mettre deux bataon de hockey croisés en forme de X

Belle job en passant!

Merci ! Ouais c'est une bonne idée, si j'ai le temps je pourrai essayer mais je dois avouer que je ne suis pas trè bon pour modifier les logos, si ca te tente et tu as le temps tu peux le faire ! Si le résultat est bon je l'essayerai sur le jersey.

Waaaayyyyy too busy

I need more explanations... What aspect/part/object/thing of the jersey you think i should remove ?

I really don't like the "Primary"... at least not for Laval, if it was le Collège Militaire de Saint-Jean... peut-être.

I don't mind the use of "pewter" colour as a striping accent, but should not be so predominent in the Primary...

I never seen the logo "du Collège Militaire de St-Jean", but the primary logo is used in the UL's football program and i though it was modern compared to the secondary logo (the shoulder patch). But I agree, the second one is classy I want to a 3rd one with. But I'll switch the logos just to see if its better, and if it is I'll post it.

This is a cool thread your doing. So far your concepts have been pretty cool. I'm interested in knowing, are you going to be doing just the Universities that are involved in the CIS hockey program or are you going to be other CIS Universities that you think should have a hockey program as well. If so could you do the University of Victoria Vikings (or Vikes)? Be interesting to see your take on them.

I wanted to do concepts about Quebec Universities, like Sherbrooke, McGill, etc... But I'll take a look on your Vikes and I'll see what I can do !!!

Thanks for all your comments guys, thats appreciated ! I'll work on the jerseys today or tomorrow, cuz' i'm a little busy at school.

Et merci les québécois pour vos commentaires en francais, ca fais toujours du bien de vous entendre !!

Sam

higginslz8.png

18 to 25

Okay guys, I tried it with the original shoulder patch logo (the kind of shield) as primary logo but the color are differents so it looks bad. But I'll do a 3rd jersey with it soon.

The text along the bottom is really unpleasant to the eye. I like the primary crest, but it definitely needs to be bigger, and the flag as the shoulder patch really doesn't work with the other colors used, it becomes way too clashing.

In all seriousness, there's good stuff happening, but the LAVAL script is too big and doesn't need to be there. Try arching it in smaller lettering above the crest.

Personnally, I like the LAVAL script at the bottom, but i tried 24 Hour Charleston's idea about placing it above the logo.

And I know that the shoulder patch doesnt have the same color but its the primary symbol of the University and i dont think that a small patch like this with not so different colors would look bad. I even like it so I kept it.

So tell me what you think about that little change.

UL_Home_take2.png

Oh and sorry for my english sometimes lol.

higginslz8.png

18 to 25

c'est bien mais le hic est que meme si le mot laval est centrée avec le logo dessous, il parait décentré car le la pointe inferiere du collet du chandail n`arrive pas avec le centre de la V dans le mot Laval. Ca donne l'illusion qu'il n'est pas centré...

====================================

it`s good but the only thing is that even if the word laval is in dead centrer of the jersey and the logo, it looks misplaced becaude the lower point of the collar is not alligned with the letter V of LAVAL.

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Tu sais quoi? j'enleverais les formes autour des lettres UL pour y mettre deux bataon de hockey croisés en

I never seen the logo "du Collège Militaire de St-Jean", but the primary logo is used in the UL's football program and i though it was modern compared to the secondary logo (the shoulder patch). But I agree, the second one is classy I want to a 3rd one with. But I'll switch the logos just to see if its better, and if it is I'll post it.

Sam

I haven't seen the Military College logo either, but what I menat was that the stripes look too Army Patch to me...

But I still love your colour scheme and the arms/shoulder striping.!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

c'est bien mais le hic est que meme si le mot laval est centrée avec le logo dessous, il parait décentré car le la pointe inferiere du collet du chandail n`arrive pas avec le centre de la V dans le mot Laval. Ca donne l'illusion qu'il n'est pas centré...

====================================

it`s good but the only thing is that even if the word laval is in dead centrer of the jersey and the logo, it looks misplaced becaude the lower point of the collar is not alligned with the letter V of LAVAL.

T'as raison... J'ai fais une dernière ptite retouche et maintenant j'vais travailler sur le 3rd jersey avec l'écussion comme primay logo.

-----

Your right... How about this little modification ? This is probably my last try, now i'll work on the 3rd jersey with the shoulder patch as primary logo !!!

And thanks for all ur comments guys ! I suggest you to do a concept of your college hockey team that would be cool and original, im kind of bored of the 100000 caps concepts lol.

Anyway here the little modification to the logo :

UL_Home_takeII.png

higginslz8.png

18 to 25