2 NHL Concepts

jkrdevil

Alright I have 2 NHL concepts for you guys. The Minnesota Wild and the Washington Capitals. First the Wild, these uniforms are based off the Minnesota North Stars uniforms that they wore when they made that run to the Cup finals against Pittsburgh. I got rid of the wheat and replaced with the yellow/gold in the sun part of the logo. Also went with red pants to keep from that all green look.

wildconcept.gif

Now the Caps concept is also based on older uniform. It is loosely based on the Caps old red, white, and blue Unis with some major variations. Went with full sleeve stripes. The colors are red, light blue from the current uniforms, silver and navy blue. The logo I used was the unused one from back in 2000 that JS vectorized a few years ago. Obviously the colors are changed from that logo.

capsconcept.gif

Your thoughts?

i'd have to see what the red shorts looked like on the ice with your Minny jerseys (which are a bit busy with the wide striping on the sleeves/waist), but other than that these are two outstanding concepts.

i'd also like to see what a blue 3rd would look like for Washington...

I'm not sold on the Wild concept. It's perfectly executed. IMO the current set is near perfection so for the most part a Wild concept will always seem a step or two below their actual set in my eyes. Still, what you have is almost flawless in terms of execution.

The Caps concept, however, is beautiful. I always liked that logo, and you do a good job merging the past with the potential future.

after looking at the Caps concept i really really love it. the colors are spot on what they should be wearing.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

thats some cool stuff

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I like that Wild concept quite a bit. I would not at all mind them wearing that and I think it's very hard to match up to their currents.

That Capitals one is fantastic, they would have one of the nicest sets around.

Untitled-1.png

I love the Wilds concept.

I like the colors and style of the Caps uni - not fond of the logo (I've seen that logo somewhere around here on the Boards).

Overall - very nice work!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

whats this talk about the Wild ditching the green?

All teams are changing unis for RBK's new jersey. Minnesota might be maiking their colored one red, at least id assume so if they werent using green like they do now.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

jkrdevil, I definitely like what you've done. Excellent job. However, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the Wild going that far to honor their predecessor. They do with their logo with the shining star in it. But, I'd rather see a Minnesota NHL team do that than the present-day Dallas Stars go back to their roots in such a design. That would upset me if they did.

You did a great job with the Washington Capitals concept, too. But I like a darker blue over a light blue as one of the main colors.

I don't know why, but that seems to be what I'd prefer more.

whats this talk about the Wild ditching the green?

All teams are changing unis for RBK's new jersey. Minnesota might be maiking their colored one red, at least id assume so if they werent using green like they do now.

To follow up on that... as of now for just next season, the Minnesota Wild will not wear their original road turned current home green jerseys and instead wear their alternate red jerseys for all 41 regular season home games.

The link no longer directs you to the article, but I had bookmarked it at the time in case anyone needs to find it in a search.

St. Paul Pioneer Press' Wild page (January 23):

Wild ditching green sweaters

Wild ditching green sweaters

Team will wear red at home all next season

BY JOHN SHIPLEY

Pioneer Press

DALLAS ? The Wild will get rid of their green home jerseys next season as part of the NHL's transition to Reebok?s new form-fitting uniforms, team President Doug Risebrough said Monday.

The new sweaters will make their debut in Wednesday?s NHL All-Star Game here at American Airlines Center but won?t be used by teams until next season. Reebok, Risebrough said, asked teams using three jerseys to pare down to two because it initially will be too difficult to make three.

Currently teams are allowed to use a third jersey during select games that have been cleared through league offices, and the Wild?s alternative jersey ? a red, old-fashioned sweater with a lace-up collar ? has been their most popular, Risebrough said.

So the team will wear the red sweaters at home next season and continue wearing white on the road. Ultimately, he added, teams will be able to add a third jersey, but probably not for a couple of seasons.

The jerseys were supposed to debut last season, Risebrough said, but it took Reebok longer than anticipated to develop the high-tech uniforms it calls its ?edge uniform system.? The company claims it allows for greater movement and ventilation and resists moisture.

?I think they?re great,? said forward Brian Rolston, the Wild?s only all-star this season. ?Playing in the Olympics, we had the Nike jerseys that were tight-fitting, and I loved them. You could definitely feel a difference; they?re much lighter. The technology is there, I think you have to change with the times.

?You know with those original six teams, I hope we can have the same look with the new fabrics. But I think they?re awesome jerseys.?

The uniforms include new pants with extra padding that, Reebok claims, give players extra hip protection.

The uniforms include new pants with extra padding that, Reebok claims, give players extra hip protection

Well, that woulda been good for 'ol Mario. :D

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Update time. Per request I am adding a blue alternate for the Caps. These are more based on their original uniforms with a wordmark under stars. As I said before the blue is the same blue they currently use. The red and white unis remain unchanged.

Updated Caps Concept:

capsconcept2.gif

I also came up with a full logo which is the 2000 proposed logo I use (color adjusted) with a wordmark I made. Made 5 versions: while background, red background, colored not red background, and 2 black and white version.

capsconcept-logos.gif

Archived