I figured out last night why I dont like the new Jazz uniforms

O.C.D

I was watching the Rockets Jazz game seven last night and I was trying to figure out why I though the Jazz alternates were so much better then there regular uniforms, and then it hit me. The Jazz use there old word mark on the alternate and use a generic font on the home and away. Not only do they use a generic font, but the tilt it at a weird angle. In my opinion if the Jazz changed the current Jazz word mark to the old one, it the uniforms would look ten times better. It probable wouldn't be such a bad idea if they designed a "UTAH" word mark in the same style as the "Jazz" word mark"

heh, I been hatin on them rags since they unveiled em. they're bland, rec league :censored:, as mentioned, all they need are 5 guys wearin mismatched shorts. more notably, very little purple is used at all, despite the fact that the Jazz wore purple well before it became trendy. At least when the Bucks dropped green jerseys for purple, they were the only ones with their color combo of purple and green, so you could still say "hey, that's a Bucks jersey."

I hate the current Magic jerseys for the same reason. seriously, slap NEW YORK on there in orange and blue, change the trim colors to Knicks colors, and take the magic ball off in favor of the subway token, you'd never know it was a Magic jersey. don't even have to be the Knicks' block, the Magic's font would do the trick nicely.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

You're aboslutely right. The colors never should've been changed. I should whip up a concept, but it's pretty hard to replicate that Jazz script. (I want to make UTAH in the same style.)

Yeah, the Jazz just went with no identity other than "we heard two shades of blue is in!"

Never forget.

Just in general.

not to mention they have one of the most worthless names in all of sports. if ever a team should change its name when it moved. i don't like non-plural names anyway. but to attach "jazz" to one of the most unlikely places to hear jazz ...well, that makes it even more egregious.

change the name!

Texas Villan

astonvilla.gif

I'll just go ahead and save some time here by explaining that he is making fun of you for talking about the Utah Jazz's inappropriate name, which is a very common topic of discussion around here. It has been discussed many, many times, usually with the suggestion that the Utah and New Orleans franchises swap names. It is very much frowned upon by the veteran members of this board since it's utterly pointless to talk about and most people who suggest it treat it as a novel, fresh idea, when it isn't.

Hope this helps!

No, newbie. Don't do it. Bad newbie. Baaaaaaad newbie. BAD NEWBIE.

what? did i break some message board geek rule?

in english, please.

Newbie (56 posts) vs. Newbie Jr. (3 posts)!

n2pux, what 24 Hour Charleston is saying is that we've had our share of Utah Jazz name change/Utah Hornets-New Orleans Jazz/etc discussions before and this is typically the response it gets. As advice, not bringing up the issue might help you avoid backlash from some of the board's members.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

No, newbie. Don't do it. Bad newbie. Baaaaaaad newbie. BAD NEWBIE.

what? did i break some message board geek rule?

in english, please.

Newbie (56 posts) vs. Newbie Jr. (3 posts)!

n2pux, what 24 Hour Charleston is saying is that we've had our share of Utah Jazz name change/Utah Hornets-New Orleans Jazz/etc discussions before and this is typically the response it gets. As advice, not bringing up the issue might help you avoid backlash from some of the board's members.

hilarious ...well, i'll be sure to avoid mentioning anything before i read all 15k threads to make sure i'm not repeating anyone. wouldn't want to waste your obviously very valuable time, 24HC.

if ever there was a place where snobbery & cool posturing would be painfully ironic, it's a sports logo message board. but i suppose there is already a thread about that.

cheers.

Texas Villan

astonvilla.gif

As far as the uniforms go, I just don't understand why anyone would think what they did was an upgrade. They had an opportunity to make an impact, and they ended up watering down a formerly distinct identity.

And to think.. someone got paid to come up with that uniform? :therock:

I try to find myself understanding when teams feel the need to update their uni's. Need that extra boost, more modern, etc., etc. But I especially hate when teams change their colors. Don't know why, just do.

And yes, i did contemplate suicide when my beloved Broncos unveiled their new jersey years back. :cursing:

ChelseaSig.png

Archived