Sabres and Ducks

hecticbro

I'm more concerned about where Drury and Briere would put their Stanley Cup patches.

And Numminen.

The rumor is it would go next to the captain C or the alternate captain A so it would look normal on the left breast of the other 17 players.

I was assuming they would put the patches on the right side above the numbers like they did during the Garth Brooks jersey set. I haven't heard any other rumurs, just thinking they would go the way the did previously.

73015110.jpg

SEAsig.png

I wish the Ducks would go back to the original uniforms. If people don't like the exact ones, maybe in the new colors.

I wish they could've kept those unis too, but since Disney owns the name and uniforms of the "Mighty Ducks" and their new owner didn't buy them, they made new ones and renamed them the Anaheim Ducks.

Wow, please don't post info you know nothing about. There are thousands of articles and interviews with the Ducks new owner Henry Samueli stating the name and uni change had to do with rebranding the team and was based on market research.

One of his options was to keep the "Mighty Ducks" brand the way he BOUGHT it. When you buy a team, you then own all copyrights associated with said team.

If I am wrong, please post a link where you have read that Disney owns the "Mighty Ducks" name and uniform and Samueli was forced to change the team brand.

OC Register article on name change

With both Buffalo and Anaheim reaching the NHL conference finals, there's a decent chance that the Stanley Cup finals could feature both of the newly redesigned teams. When was the last time this has happened in any sport? Were the Ravens and Giants in their first years of redesigns in the 2000 (or whenever it was) Super Bowl? That's the closest I could think of off the top of my head.

Coach Lindy said if they made it to the finals, they would wear their old original jersey's.

Carter1.png

6802d564.gif

Coach Lindy said if they made it to the finals, they would wear their old original jersey's.

That is good to hear. I really appreciate the Buffalo Sabres' old blue and gold road jersey more than I ever did in the past.

Hopefully it remains forever a part of their active uniform set, even if it is just an alternate.

I would be curious to see how the old throwback jersey design looks in the new colors. If the Sabres had to appease to those who like the old and newest looks, I would like to see the new uniform with the old logo on it. The home jersey should get rid of that silver striping that is seen on the sleeves. To me, that only looks fine on the road white jersey.

Guest darkpiranha

It wasn't both teams, but in '96, the Avalanche made it to the finals their first year in Denver. And while they weren't wearing new unis, it was the Panthers first trip to the playoffs, so in essence, the finals featured two uniforms that until that season had never been in the playoffs before.

Archived