Oakland Raiders concept

Dave Ship

Hi all,

I was playing around with the new amazing action template by buccoB when I came up with this.

Sword is the word! That's the main idea i followed while doing this job. For this traditional franchise I wasn't going to add side panel or any other "busy" shapes but a sort of minimalist look that could remind of the swords (inside the Raiders' logo ). The lines on top are well integrated with the aggressive ones on the pants.

In the back view the helmet covers the silver shape that follow all around the collar.

I also kept their current color scheme and wordmark.

oaklandraiders2aq0.jpg

UPDATE

oaklandraiders3cm6.jpg

I like the numbers, but the logo just seems...wrong to me. And I'm sorry but the all-black alt's just not needed.

I love your work, so keep it up!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm finding it extremely hard to take this concept for what it's worth without accusing you of being a blasphemer for trying to touch the classic silver & black, but here it goes.

First off... the helmet has to stay silver. I understand this is just a hypothetical concept, but they're just not the raiders without a silver shell.

I also don't like the number font. It's extremely smooth and contradicts the sword-centered theme you're going for here. If anything, you should replace it with a "sharper" font... something along the lines of what the Thrashers or Senators use now.

But overall, this is a good concept... just needs some tweaks here & there.

I'm finding it extremely hard to take this concept for what it's worth without accusing you of being a blasphemer for trying to touch the classic silver & black, but here it goes.

First off... the helmet has to stay silver. I understand this is just a hypothetical concept, but they're just not the raiders without a silver shell.

I also don't like the number font. It's extremely smooth and contradicts the sword-centered theme you're going for here. If anything, you should replace it with a "sharper" font... something along the lines of what the Thrashers or Senators use now.

Thrashers font would look nice!

You know what it reminds me of? Adidas world cup soccer jerseys.

Thrashers font would look nice!

You know what it reminds me of? Adidas world cup soccer jerseys.

Edit:sorry double post

i think that last update, but with a standard block font, could actually fly with some raider fans:)

ps- i would also go shoulder, not sleeve numbers

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Concept #2 with the standard black shield is magnificent. Shoulder numerals, however, my friend.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These jerseys look pretty cool, in my opinion. As noted before, you should change the numbers, and maybe even the NFL standard block font would look fine. Also, as nyy3351 noted, the TV numbers should be on the shoulders, not the sleeves. I'm also kinda digging the black-on-black monochrome look--pretty bad ass!

Overall: B

How'd I get my name on a concept by somebody else??? :D (lower right-hand corner for those who missed it)

I see that temp worked out pretty good for you, Dave. It's also good to see you back on the concept boards after such a long hiatus. One thing we know to expect from you is, well...the unexpected. And even attempting to go near a Raiders concept could seem like an arduous task for anyone, so kudos for facing it up and going with it.

With the helmet in your first concept, it was kinda hard to tell what was going on at first, but then I saw it, and that is definiely a unique execution. I'll give you that. The number font does seem out of place...as someone said, maybe something more "pointy" might seem the right way to go. As for the striping, that might could actually work (speaking of the striping in your second update.)

Keep it up, Beatnik...and I'm glad to see you're working out that warping issue (it ain't an exact science, and yes that mess can be a PAIN to do...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived