Weird Habs concept found on google

josh_cat_eyes

that top logo...heh, if this was for the Atlanta Hawks, it'd work. as it is, the flying H makes no sense, and I don't get the flame. the CM, that's just changing for the sake of changing it. correct me if I'm wrong, though, but isn't the official name still "Club de Hockey Canadien"? that's enough reason to never even consider a CM.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ok, first of all, the CM logo looks awful...

As for the flying H, it's half bad... I would let go of the wings but as for the flames, the idea is great and it has nothing to do with the olympics...

The flame and the torch is a great symbol in the Montreal Canadiens history...

In their locker room, there's all the pictures of the team's Hall Of Fame inductee with a sign that says in french and english...

"Nos bras meutris vous tendent le flambeau, a vous toujours de le porter bien haut.... "

"To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high"

This is taken from "In Flanders Fields" that is one of the most famous poems about World War I, and has been called "The most popular poem" produced by the war. It was written by Canadian physician and Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae on May 3, 1915, after he witnessed the gruesome death of his friend, Lieutenant Alexis Helmer, the day before.

When they closed the Montreal Forum, the oldest living captain of the CH Émile "buth" Bouchard left the ice with a torch so that a few days later, the captain of Les Canadiens at the time (Pierre Turgeon) stepped on the ice of the New Molson Center (before it became Bell Center) with the same torch...

Now.... This is tradition... Which is why I tell you that an H with a flaming torch is not a bad idea for a shouder patch... But without wings...

I hope this was interesting...

here's two pictures...

cdnmemo.jpg

torch.jpg

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I love how the H in the middle of the C stand for "Hockey" and not "Habitant". The H as a logo would be pointless...

These are cool none the less, but should only remain a concept.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

If it ain't broke , don't fix it . I think the habs , the blackhawks, and the redwings are the only teams that should never change nutten about them. They been the same jersey/logos for so long why change now.. Just my 2 cents.

4kv29i.jpg

But on a local sports radio show a few months back (All-STar Week-end I think), the President of Les Canadiens Pierre Boivin said that there's absolutely no way that the actual logo or uniform will be change anywhere in the future. The only thing that will be add is the 100th anniversary crest for the 2009-2010 season that will be worn on the front right side of the jersey.

So, keep the concepts coming if you will because it's fun to see different views but don't expect any changes...

Which I think is good news...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived