Keepers of the carpet

Survival79

This type of thing has been tradition...or rather, CUSTOM, in the U.S. Army for YEARS...except we call them "kill zones", and for very good reason...each of our platoon bays had our platoon logo painted on the floor, right in the middle, and sometimes it took up damn near ALL of the floor...and the ONLY ones whose feet are allowed to touch it are the drill sergeants. Let one of us lil' privates even get half a toe over the line...you don't even wanna know the penalty (and trust me...it's more than just 10 measly lil push-ups!!)...and youi don't even wanna know how that could get when you got 62 people living up in one bay, toeing the line at night for Taps before lights-out, all trying to fit our way onto the floor without touching it...and oh, here's this: how 'bout 20 or so of us rushing into the bay after chow in our all-out races to the johns (toilets), and trying our BEST not to touch that thing...

Ah, kill zones...the memories of Basic Training, being a lil' private...oh, so long ago...

(8 years and some change, to be exact...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like this...

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." --Barclay Plager

But, uh, when it's on the floor or the ice...well, it's probably fair game.

Don't tell me you're a Blue, too. :D

Yeah well, follow one tradition, break another.

capt.dd44e515f7dc4c4ea48556765073aef8.senators_sabres_hockey_nydh107.jpg

It's not tradition that he doesn't touch it. The tradition is that the Captain has the decision. Alfreddson chose to celebrate it, Jarome Iginla a few years ago chose to celebrate it. Last year Brind'Amour took his picture with it and then left it on the table. I believe that Scott Stevens left it on the table three times and took it once. The one time he picked it up was 2001, when they lost to Colorado. It's always interesting to see what they do with that trophy and the debate on wether or not it holds luck or badluck either way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Now, my feeling is this: if you don't want somebody to step on something, you probably shouldn't put it on the floor.

Bingo.

Given how apparently uncommon it is these days, shouldn't we be spending time thinking of names for what we used to call 'common sense'?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

playoffs...okay, understandable. but during the regular season? and at the practice facility? a bit over the line.

and the only thing we care about here is when the goddamned Huskies or Cardinal or anybody else start dancing at midcourt or midfield in our O...that has earned some retribution later and, infamously, the stanford tree getting his ass speared after they beat us (our only loss! gah) in the Fiesta Bowl season.

harperdc.gif

Now, my feeling is this: if you don't want somebody to step on something, you probably shouldn't put it on the floor.

Bingo.

Given how apparently uncommon it is these days, shouldn't we be spending time thinking of names for what we used to call 'common sense'?

Mero! The footy jumper guy! How cool! I am a young 12 year old huge fan of yours!!!

I am replying here because it wont let me create a new topic

Why don't they have an AFL logos section

I have them all on my PC (if i could create one i would)

Yeah well, follow one tradition, break another.

capt.dd44e515f7dc4c4ea48556765073aef8.senators_sabres_hockey_nydh107.jpg

It's not tradition that he doesn't touch it. The tradition is that the Captain has the decision. Alfreddson chose to celebrate it, Jarome Iginla a few years ago chose to celebrate it. Last year Brind'Amour took his picture with it and then left it on the table. I believe that Scott Stevens left it on the table three times and took it once. The one time he picked it up was 2001, when they lost to Colorado. It's always interesting to see what they do with that trophy and the debate on wether or not it holds luck or badluck either way.

2000: PWT2000.jpg

2003: stevens-trophy.jpg

There is NO stigma to it at all.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived