Brooklyn nets

TruColor

On the FanHome board, they're discussing the news that the New Jersey Nets are more than likely moving to a new arena that's being proposed in Brooklyn.

What do y'all think?

Some of you should start coming up with some new logos...maybe I'll come up with some new color combinations (about the only thing I'm good for)...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense to anyone who lives there, but New Jersey doesn't deserve something so attractive.

I should crack your skull open for that remark... :blues:

as much as i would want to come up with a new identity for a Brooklyn basketball team, i simply can't do it, based on principle. How can i make a new look for a team i don't want to move?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

in defense of keeping the Nets in Jersey, they finally get their identity right, they are finally good and now all this talk about moving to brooklyn.  it'd be nice to have a team in brooklyn, but now ain't the time.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

in defense of keeping the Nets in Jersey, they finally get their identity right, they are finally good and now all this talk about moving to brooklyn. it'd be nice to have a team in brooklyn, but now ain't the time.

They've won the Eastern Conference two years in a row, they have one of the best and most marketable players in the NBA...and they hardly ever sell out their arena. I'd say there's no time like the present...

When I was at Stephon Marbury's homecoming game, the guy in the row behind me said the crowd there was buzzing more than he'd ever heard a Nets crowd buzz, even (and especially) during the playoffs.

And Brooklyn Will be different? You'll still have the supremely overpriced tickets no one will buy, and what will you do when the team sucks-on-ice again? Hmmmm? Leave Jersey alone, we're a better home for the Nets than Brooklyn. THe Nets players will go to Brooklyn for their crack and dank, that should be good enough...

(and before anyone asks.. yes.. i'm am in a *shampooed* up mood tonight... so if i wind up starting a fight.. i apologize for kicking you ass in advance...)

MOD note!  :D  -  Watch the swears, honey bear!  I'm not a fan of tip-toeing around the blocks I've set up... shanks!!

sB9ijEj.png

I haven't read anything about this proposed site and

why they want to do it, but I don't see Brooklyn as being

very convenient for fans to get to. Especially when the

biggest percentage of your fan base will be in another state.

At least MSG is central for commuting. This whole deal reeks

of future money loss.

...what will you do when the team sucks-on-ice again?

Stick with the team we root for.

New Yorkers, by and large, are NOT fair-weather fans (not that Jersey fans neccesarily are...)

I'm not even gonna touch the "Crack" comment... :angry:

You can't steal out team once they have become good. We've waited forever for this moment. We've been Teased, we had the great Drazen Petrovic, who would have definatly madethe Nets an immediate contender, and was well on his way to doing so, before he was killed on the Autobaun, we had Derock Coleman who did Nothing, O'Bannon who did nothing, then we got Kittles, who was doing nothing, the we got Marbury, who did nothing with the Nets, then Kid, and i rember the day it happened, and holly crap, everyone just decided to play. Kidd did something no one else could, he made the Nets watchable. You can't steal them now. We suffered with them, now we should celebrate them, not the Brooklyn Nets. Why don't you try and get the Dodgers...

sB9ijEj.png

and? You think they would sell out every night in Brooklyn? They will have the same, if not worse attendance. Most of the league has average attendance...

sB9ijEj.png

and? You think they would sell out every night in Brooklyn? They will have the same, if not worse attendance. Most of the league has average attendance...

Brooklyn is a larger market than northern New Jersey (It'd be the 4th largest city in the USA if it weren't part of NYC), they'd have access to Long Island fans and it would be at a MAJOR public transportation hub (with access to the Long Island Rail Road and about 10 subway lines within reasonable walking distance, in sharp contrast to the swamps of the Meadowlands).

No two-time defending Eastern Conference champion should have trouble getting 3/4ths of their arena filled, especially when they look like the odds-on favorite to win the East again.

Most of the league has average attendance...

Not to be a jerk or anything, but isn't that basically what an average is?

Brooklyn Spiders

Brooklyn Broncos

Brooklyn CitySharkz :P

Brooklyn Thunder

Brooklyn Bridges :P

The Swing of the Big Apple :D

I'm not completely familiar with the geographic layout of New York, so I won't start using names of other boroughs, lest they actually be more the Knicks' stomping grounds.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

By average i mean that not every team sells out every game, there are always empty seats, especially in a working-class market like Northern NJ, most people can't afford to go. And even with the high prices, and driving the turnpike to get there, the place still gets 15k, 17k attendances. The average right now is 13,911, and that's not bad, circumstances considered. I'll guarentee you that Brooklyn will not do any better with attendance. May even do worse considering the Knicks have a firmer hold on a fanbase in Brooklyn than in NJ.

sB9ijEj.png

Archived