2007 Summer Transfer Window (Soccer)

MrAsterisk

barca-2.jpg

6959918_18_1.jpg

I showed a British friend of mine these pictures...she was ready to fight me. :lol:

.... I'm sure she didn't appreciate that grey sweater Henry was wearing...

Beckham has complete his transfer.....

.... to the New Orleans Saints :D

r3325960438.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) - Rangers signed United States winger DaMarcus Beasley from PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday.

The 25-year-old Beasley, who was on the United States team that won the Gold Cup this month, traveled to Glasgow to complete his transfer to the record 51-time Scottish champion. Beasley has signed a 3-year contract and, although Rangers did not reveal how much it paid PSV, reports said the fee was around 700,000 pounds (US$1.38 million; ?1.04 million).

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Robben to Real Madrid has been rekindled today.

Spanish media have reported that Real have agreed in principle to terms with Robben and his father/agent, and now will offer Chelsea a 20million Euro fee.

Torres to Liverpool could actually happen now as apparently Villareal have agreed to sell Diego "couldn't finish a glass of water in England" Forlan to Atletico Madrid, possibly as a replacement.

I really need a replacement striker right now, too. Gimme a goalhawk, Arsene. Make it happen.

harperdc.gif

barca-2.jpg

6959918_18_1.jpg

I showed a British friend of mine these pictures...she was ready to fight me. :lol:

.... I'm sure she didn't appreciate that grey sweater Henry was wearing...

Beckham has complete his transfer.....

.... to the New Orleans Saints :D

r3325960438.jpg

Im surprised many Euro Soccer Stars dont try to become kickers in the NFL I bet theyd be great at it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As a fan of Ligue 1, I'm just wondering what is taking Lyon so long to wrap up all their proposed out transfers. The door for Eric Abidal is supposedly shut, but Sylvain Wiltord and 30-million man Florent Malouda were supposed to have been gone by now.

Basically Lyon's owner uses the moving goalposts method of negotiation when it comes to his stars (Remember how much trouble it took Chelsea to get Essien?), and teams are basically calling his bluff now.

As for Arsenal, bring on Babel and Tevez, and look for a Centre Back in January. That's what I would do.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Arsene needs a partner for King Kolo *now*. Senderos is good, but apparently he only lives up to his potential in my Winning Eleven saves; Gallas is a joke and the ONLY player (besides effing Thierry's sagas the last two years) getting himself into the tabloids...

somehow a back four of Gallas-Toure-Senderos-Eboue was shaky at times last year; just a year ago Flamini/Clichy-Toure-Senderos-Eboue kept a clean sheet in Europe for 10 games in a row. I don't understand it.

babel and tevez would be good, so long as we FULLY buy Tevez's rights - I don't like the whole second-party ownership deal. he sounds like he wants to stay in England, he's good for loads of goals, and he's not allergic to taking a freaking shot - a plague upon the rest of the Arsenal attackers.

we honestly don't need to do much, just get scoring boots for Rosicky, the Togonator and Hleb, an armband for Gilberto, another striker or two (see above) and another rock-solid int'l-level defender (NOT some pre-teen kid). another keeper would be nice, but we already brought some Polish dude in that nobody knows about, so there you go.

harperdc.gif

This is a little off topic, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread. Anyway, have their been any other big (older) European stars rumored to come to the MLS via the Beckham Rule. Not necessarily this season but in the near future. I'd be interested in seeing some Italians play here.

Zinedine Zidane (who once played in Italy, but is French, and there was this one time he headbutted some Italian dude), Luis Figo (who plays in Italy, but is Portugese), and Andriy Shevchenko (who also once played in Italy, but is Ukrainian) have all been rumored to come to MLS at some point. Zidane and Figo, possibly as early as next season, but Shevchenko still has more time in Europe. There may be others, but that's all I know for sure. Pretty sure there aren't any Italian internationals.

Zinedine Zidane (who once played in Italy, but is French, and there was this one time he headbutted some Italian dude), Luis Figo (who plays in Italy, but is Portugese), and Andriy Shevchenko (who also once played in Italy, but is Ukrainian) have all been rumored to come to MLS at some point. Zidane and Figo, possibly as early as next season, but Shevchenko still has more time in Europe. There may be others, but that's all I know for sure. Pretty sure there aren't any Italian internationals.

Thanks, I thought I heard rumors about Del Peiro coming over but I'm not sure. I think it would be a mistake for Zidane to come over because his whole legacy in the US is the headbutt. Figo and Shevchenko would be pretty cool to see. This Beckham rule could really help MLS grow.

OK, who needs Tevez when you can get a Croatian from Brazil!

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav...to+join+Arsenal

Croatia striker Eduardo da Silva set to join Arsenal

Arsenal Football Club can confirm that terms have been agreed with Dinamo Zagreb for the transfer of striker Eduardo Da Silva on a four year contract for an undisclosed fee, subject to a medical.

Da Silva (24), was born in Brazil but moved to Croatia at the age of 15 and took Croatian nationality in 2002. The striker scored the first competitive goal in European football at Emirates Stadium when Arsenal beat Dinamo Zagreb 5-1 on aggregate in last season’s UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round.

Eduardo has made 12 appearances for the Croatian national team scoring seven goals, including one of his country’s goals in their 2-0 Euro 2008 Qualifier victory over England in October 2006.

Further details will follow on Arsenal.com.

Information about the newest Gunner Here.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

They got him for under 10million pounds, he is young (24), and he is Brazilian in everything but nationality. He also scored more goals than he had appearances this past season in the Croatian league, much better even than Shevchenko did in the comparable Ukrainian championship. I haven't watched any of Croatia's Euro qualifiers, so I unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to watch him play, but I'd certainly heard great things about him well before this move. If I were a Gooner, I'd be very excited.

under 10 mil. pounds? that sounds a lot better, then. I'd heard earlier that he'd taken basically all the funds we got from Thierry, which was a little more...disheartening.

though honestly, Thierry should've gone for more. it's just because he's not a British player being sought by a British team with inflated values of worth.

harperdc.gif

There was some speculation about such a high transfer fee, but people are saying (including Da Silva's Wikipedia article) that was largely due to a mistranslation of the Dinamo Zaghreb sporting director. Most media outlets are reporting fees between 5 and 10 million pounds, although neither club has officially released a figure.

They got him for under 10million pounds, he is young (24), and he is Brazilian in everything but nationality. He also scored more goals than he had appearances this past season in the Croatian league, much better even than Shevchenko did in the comparable Ukrainian championship. I haven't watched any of Croatia's Euro qualifiers, so I unfortunately haven't had the opportunity to watch him play, but I'd certainly heard great things about him well before this move. If I were a Gooner, I'd be very excited.

He scored the *other* goal in the Croatia 2-0 England match (the famous one being the Paul Robinson swing-and-a-miss), as well as the first goal in Emirates Stadium history, for Dinamo Zagreb.

Im surprised many Euro Soccer Stars dont try to become kickers in the NFL I bet theyd be great at it.

They can't afford the pay cut...

Many European (or international) soccer leagues are much bigger than the NFL. For almost every soccer player going to the NFL would be a HUGE step down. That seems to be something most Americans can't grasp. Not to pick on you Tank because I thought the same thing before I got into soccer after the World Cup last year. Basically its like saying why don't more NFL Stars go play Rugby.

I'm a bit surprised that no one's mentioned the transfer of Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid to Liverpool for 26.5 million pounds and midfielder Luis Garcia (I think Garcia's transfer will reduce the cost, IIRC). A rather risky move, if you ask me. For all of the hype, he's never scored more than 15 goals in a season in a system that's more open than the one employed by Rafa. Esta es Anfield and all that, I guess...

Archived