Where is my NHL awards show?

zig

I tuned into Versus today at 7:30 and 8:00 only to find some UFC reality show and a Chuck Norris fighting show. The NHL awards show is supposed to be on Versus during these time slots. What happened? Is this only happening to people in my area? I checked Versus.com and NHL.com to double check the time.

What has happened?

Here's the problem there was a miscommunication between CBC (who is producing the telecast and Versus). Versus was supposed to be using the CBC signal out of Toronto. However CBC is tape delaying the Award show and airing it at 8. My guess is Versus just got the schedule from the NHL and never looked at the CBC schedule and never saw that it was being taped delayed in Toronto. The result of that is that the taped broadcast would cut into the live boxing match Versus has scheduled. So the decision was made to show the live sporting event and show the already taped award show at 11 after the fight. So those in the US will have to watch it (if they actually want to watch it) at the same time as those in Western Canada.

His son doesn't even play ICE hockey... only road hockey... sigh... if he couldn't get his own son into hockey, how do you expect him to get an entire nation into it (that nation being the USA)??

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Well then lets get a Canadian to sell the game to America and keep the traditions of the NHL safe.

I didn't say anything about him being Canadian or American, just that if he can't even get his own son interested in the sport then how do you feel confidence in him trying to sell it to an entire nation? It has nothing to do with his nationality, just his poor abilty to sell the game, even close to home.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You all do realise that sometimes children are just not that interested in what their parents are doing in their filed of work? If my dad was a doctor and he couldn't convince me to be one, does that mean he can't influence others to be a doctor?

I'm glad his son does not play hockey because that son would be taunted with suggestions that his daddy would find a way to get his son to play into the NHL one way or another ^_^ and besides I only played road hockey as a youngster and have not touch a hockey stick since high school, does that make me any more less interested in the sport?

I saw, I came, I left.

You all do realise that sometimes children are just not that interested in what their parents are doing in their filed of work? If my dad was a doctor and he couldn't convince me to be one, does that mean he can't influence others to be a doctor?

I'm glad his son does not play hockey because that son would be taunted with suggestions that his daddy would find a way to get his son to play into the NHL one way or another ^_^ and besides I only played road hockey as a youngster and have not touch a hockey stick since high school, does that make me any more less interested in the sport?

Sigh... I was trying to make a bit of a joke... you know, he can't sell it to his own family so how do we expect him to sell it to other people? Ha...ha...?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Sigh... I was trying to make a bit of a joke... you know, he can't sell it to his own family so how do we expect him to sell it to other people? Ha...ha...?

If there was a joke, I must have missed it :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Here's the problem there was a miscommunication between CBC (who is producing the telecast and Versus). Versus was supposed to be using the CBC signal out of Toronto. However CBC is tape delaying the Award show and airing it at 8. My guess is Versus just got the schedule from the NHL and never looked at the CBC schedule and never saw that it was being taped delayed in Toronto. The result of that is that the taped broadcast would cut into the live boxing match Versus has scheduled. So the decision was made to show the live sporting event and show the already taped award show at 11 after the fight. So those in the US will have to watch it (if they actually want to watch it) at the same time as those in Western Canada.

If I'm in the NHL offices, I've got to be annoyed as all can be. It's not bad enough that they get no respect from the rest of the U.S. media, now they aren't even getting it from the one network that supposedly does care! Please tell me there is some way that I can just get the CBC or TSN in this country so I can say the hell with all of them and watch hockey on a real network that cares.

If I'm in the NHL offices, I've got to be annoyed as all can be. It's not bad enough that they get no respect from the rest of the U.S. media, now they aren't even getting it from the one network that supposedly does care! Please tell me there is some way that I can just get the CBC or TSN in this country so I can say the hell with all of them and watch hockey on a real network that cares.

Come to Canada! The land of endless hockey coverage. :)

Here is officially what happened with the broadcast. A CBC truck almost caught fire which resulted in transmission difficulties. Which I am guessing meant Versus could pick up the live feed. Since the later Toronto feed would cut into there live broadcast of boxing they moved the already taped award show to 11.

A CBC broadcast truck almost caught fire during the network's telecast of the NHL Awards show from the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre in Toronto.

Technical problems resulted, the worst of which affected Versus in the United States. The overheated CBC truck caused transmission difficulties forcing the U.S. cable channel to cancel its live telecast. Instead, it aired a World Combat League show and carried a tape delay of the NHL show at 11 p.m. EDT.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...4/BNStory/Front

I only wished it wasn't a Thursday night.

They should package the whole thing with Draft Day.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have teh gala on the Friday night, the draft on Saturday after-noon, and maybe some sort of road hockey exhibition game featuring the top draftees versus the Awards recipeints?

I'd pay to see that.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived