USMNT in all white

Mingjai

If I'm totally off on this or if it's already been discussed, please take this thread out behind the barn and put it down.

Anyway, this is the first time I recall seeing the US men in all white with the current (and very styling) kits. I actually like the look, but I think the white shorts need something to match the sash on the white jerseys. I'm not sure how that would be best pulled off since the white shorts are mostly worn with the horizontally striped blue jerseys. Ideas?

fullj.getty-74807100cc011_concacaf_gold_8_44_54_pm.jpg

For all the Canadians here, I will say that the US seemed to luck out in added time.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

No, this isn't the first time. The U.S. wore all-white against Trinidad & Tobago in the group stage of this year's Gold Cup:

8a4677cupus4p.jpg

I much prefer the blue shorts, personally.

Of course the T&T match is the only Gold Cup match I didn't catch on TV--that's how it always works, right?

Looks really sharp, but I loath the blue shirts, they need to redesign those badly, oh, BOTH of the blue shirts, actually get rid of the alt all together.

Disagree on all fronts. The white shorts w/ white shirts is horrendous. And the USMNT's blue shirts are, in my opinion, their best.

I like the white shirts a little better than the navy, but the navy is still solid. All-white, though... eh. White shirt with navy shorts should be the primary.

What was even more bizarre than that was Mexico in all-white against the red-clad Guadeloupe side. Um... why? What happened to "wear your primary colors until they clash"?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

White on white is tacky...did not look good last night. They white top looks best with blue shorts, however their kits need an overhaul really bad.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I like the white shirts a little better than the navy, but the navy is still solid. All-white, though... eh. White shirt with navy shorts should be the primary.

What was even more bizarre than that was Mexico in all-white against the red-clad Guadeloupe side. Um... why? What happened to "wear your primary colors until they clash"?

That's what I thought was so weird about the all-white US--since Canada was wearing all-red, I think the US could have gotten away with wearing the blue shorts with their white jerseys. But then, who knows! Earlier in the year when the US broke out the new pinstripe jersey, they wore them with blue shorts against Honduras who also wore blue shorts, and white shorts against Guatemala who also wore white shorts. I wonder who makes the decision on what combination they go with? Bob Bradley? Sunil Gulati? Phil Knight?

fullj.getty-74807100cc011_concacaf_gold_8_44_54_pm.jpg

I think it looks sharp. You don't see many international teams wearing white-on-white. This might finally be the idenity that everybody is looking so desprately for.

Archived