D.C. United Rebrand/Modernization

GFB

Your logo and unifrom ideas are very well done. However, I'm not a fan of either of them. The seal/logo is way too jagged. Make the eagle look cool not abstract.

Also, the uniforms MUST have three stripes. It's one of the few jersey traditions that an MLS team has had for all its existence. The unis you have remind me of one of the later Metrostars uniforms. They need more red.

Again, the quality is very good I'm just not a fan of either of these ideas.

Make it look cool?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Great work as usual, GFB.

My major thought was the lack of stripes. One way to remedy the lack of stripes and in so doing, add a little color to the mix, would be to put two red stripes through the thick stripe (stopping at the number as the current thick stripe does)

Why?

1. Check the DC flag.

2. The red adds necessary color to liven up the black/white motif (although there's nothing wrong with black and white by themselves)

3. 2 red stripes make the one thick stripe into 3 stripes, reminiscent of what DC United has always had, and reintroducing the importance of the number 3 as it relates to DC.

I'll second Vitamin D's praise for the overall work.

As for his suggestion, I LOVE this idea. It cleverly incorporates the DC flag and retains the three stripes, which (your distaste for adidas notwithstanding) are damn near iconic at this point (if not already so).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

UPDATES!

So I took js' version and ran with it. I tried to go through some sans fonts, but none seemed to flow very well. However I ended up going with a real clean long sans font. I was hoping it would grow on me, but I don't think it has yet...

DC_United-1.png

I loved Vitamin D's comment about the DC flag, so I tried it. I think the kits look ten-fold better now. (BTW, someone mentioned the MLS numbers. Why? There is nothing special about them. If it was the EPL, then I could understand, but the MLS numbers are a joke.)

DC_United_Uniform-1.png

GFB

The update is nice, but it's still not three stripes. I'm no United fan, but I know most of them would flip out if the team ever stopped wearing them.

I should also remind you that MLS has allowed jersey sponsors, and a lot of teams are looking into it.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

I really like this concept...if only the MLS allowed teams to choose their kit designers rather than all Adidas. Looks great...might need some room for a potential sponser, but otherwise it is top notch!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Since it's a club team, you don't actually need numbers on the front of the shirt. I think all the MLS teams had them when the league started, but many of them have since removed them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived