2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I missed a lot over the past few days...

ISLANDERS - Looks like crap. I was hoping that leaked pic we saw a few months back would turn out to be fake but it appears that it was the real deal. Such a shame. NOTE: Islander fans, PLEASE don't buy that monstrosity!! Looked horrible hanging up and looks just as bad on a player.

DETROIT - I am not a fan of the lettering being on the right of the chest. Yes it can work because it is, in an inadvertant way "retro", but if they wanted to do something which would have been great would have been to put the wheel back in the centre. I am guessing we all agree it was put on the right side due to RBK's oversight on positioning of the lettering.

CALGARY - I reported a few months back that I had heard/seen that they were going to be going to a black primary jersey. Well, according to that ad, it is not true. I believe what I saw was made around feburary/march and therefore may have been out of date. I am still sticking by my claim that SOMETHING will be different with the flaming C on either one or both of those jerseys.

Now, something interesting that I saw out in the wild today...

16-08-07_1806.jpg

im an islanders fan, and im buying it, and frankly your opinion dont mean squat to me

Well you just screwed over your entire time here...

Hi, how are you?

sjpho.jpg

OOOH HOOO!!! I think I'm going to like the new Sharks unis!!!

Is it just me or does it look like that picture could be of a New Jersey Devils player?

I wish that #19 was a Devils player. However considering it say both Phoenix and San Jose in the picture. No that's definitely the Yotes and Sharks.

Looks like I missed a lot over the past few days...

ISLANDERS - Looks like crap. I was hoping that leaked pic we saw a few months back would turn out to be fake but it appears that it was the real deal. Such a shame. NOTE: Islander fans, PLEASE don't buy that monstrosity!! Looked horrible hanging up and looks just as bad on a player.

DETROIT - I am not a fan of the lettering being on the right of the chest. Yes it can work because it is, in an inadvertant way "retro", but if they wanted to do something which would have been great would have been to put the wheel back in the centre. I am guessing we all agree it was put on the right side due to RBK's oversight on positioning of the lettering.

CALGARY - I reported a few months back that I had heard/seen that they were going to be going to a black primary jersey. Well, according to that ad, it is not true. I believe what I saw was made around feburary/march and therefore may have been out of date. I am still sticking by my claim that SOMETHING will be different with the flaming C on either one or both of those jerseys.

Now, something interesting that I saw out in the wild today...

16-08-07_1806.jpg

im an islanders fan, and im buying it, and frankly your opinion dont mean squat to me

Well in that case I feel sorry for you. Have fun wasting $120+ on a big colourful bib. Who knows, maybe after they dump that jersey the same way they dumped the Seamen jersey you'll have something which will be considered collectible about 10-15 years from now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

sjpho.jpg

OOOH HOOO!!! I think I'm going to like the new Sharks unis!!!

Is it just me or does it look like that picture could be of a New Jersey Devils player?

I wish that #19 was a Devils player. However considering it say both Phoenix and San Jose in the picture. No that's definitely the Yotes and Sharks.

Oh I know it is of Joe Thornton but what I was getting at is that that template looks IDENTICAL to the jerseys the Devils have worn since... well... their inception. I am willing to bet the Devils new jerseys will use this EXACT template, just different colouring of course.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

New Islanders uni minus the shoulder piping and front numbers. A significant improvement imo.

%7Boption%7D

These? Would be perfect.

Images snipped since I don't need to quote them, but those changes would have vastly improved the jersey. The new design is very, very, cluttered. There's just too much crap going on, especially with the chest numbers and the drawstring. One of those two things would be alright. Both, not so much.

I think they had the essence of a good design here, but by attempting to do too much, they screwed it up.

These photos were posted on HFboards:

sjpho.jpg

oilers_leak.jpg

I despise the piping, but I was fearing much worse (ex. Islanders, Sabres, etc.) for the Oilers. I'm reserving judgement until I see the home blue and some clearer shots. I really hope the pictures aren't hiding any RBK x-treme!!! underarm / side panel performance striping.

The stripes on the arms of the Oilers look divided in half by that huge lining and seem to have no other stripes.

I hope what the Sharks are wearing are real. Those would be top notch!

Is it me or does the Oilers jersey not have a shoulder patch... unless they are ultra low where the numbers should be?

I believe i read somwhere that they have dropped the Oiler and hockey-stick lever logo all together...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

These photos were posted on HFboards:

<snip>

oilers_leak.jpg

I despise the piping, but I was fearing much worse (ex. Islanders, Sabres, etc.) for the Oilers. I'm reserving judgement until I see the home blue and some clearer shots. I really hope the pictures aren't hiding any RBK x-treme!!! underarm / side panel performance striping.

The stripes on the arms of the Oilers look divided in half by that huge lining and seem to have no other stripes.

I hope what the Sharks are wearing are real. Those would be top notch!

Looks like the Oilers are using the same template as Florida to me.

p3536242reg.jpg

Imagine that with the shoulder/arm stripe being the same colour as the underarms, and I think you have what we're seeing in that picture.

The execution of the Oilers jerseys is absolutely brutal. And no I don't need to see "the whole jersey" to form an opinion on this........

They just don't get it.

The jersey itself looks clean enough to work for some other team, but it is 100% wrong for the Oilers. The Oilers have worn the same basic uniform for 33 years and should not change. This is a team that does need gimmicks to attract fans. What on earth are they thinking by ditching their stripe pattern and going with piping? This has disaster written all over it.

I'll say this right now: When The Anaheim Mighty ducks draft John Tavares first overall next summer there's gonna be a heck of a lot of pissed off Oilers fans and they will not be endeared to this uniform what so ever.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The execution of the Oilers jerseys is absolutely brutal. And no I don't need to see "the whole jersey" to form an opinion on this........

They just don't get it.

The jersey itself looks clean enough to work for some other team, but it is 100% wrong for the Oilers. The Oilers have worn the same basic uniform for 33 years and should not change. This is a team that does need gimmicks to attract fans. What on earth are they thinking by ditching their stripe pattern and going with piping? This has disaster written all over it.

I'll say this right now: When The Anaheim Mighty ducks draft John Tavares first overall next summer there's gonna be a heck of a lot of pissed off Oilers fans and they will not be endeared to this uniform what so ever.

I believe its Anaheim Ducks not mighty ducks :P and they would have to do really bad to draft J.T so i doubt they will get him.

formsig%20.jpgDolphins-two.gif

Archived