2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though it's the Senators/Penguins template, it is colored in different and the result is actually nicer than the other two. It actually keeps the cuffs from the original jersey, but that blue underarm area is a nice change, I would have kept the white shoulders myself, but the removal of the waist stripes, I find that is actually works here. I give them a B+.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I'm trying to find some positive in the Lightning's new jersey, but I really can't. The style reminds me of the All-Star jersey, just a little bit sharper with some lines added at the bottom. I mean, it's SLIGHTLY unique, but still has that cookie-cutter formula that the NHL is basically adopting for it's uniforms.

Oh, and not sure if you guys heard, but the NHL is destroying it's history again. No more goal judges behind the nets.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Goal judges are useless just like the Queen is to Canada.

And these jerseys look nothing like the all star jerseys

Goal judges are useless, eh? Must be a Sabres fan....

Anway, I think they do look like the All-Star jerseys. I didn't say they were an exact replica, but looking at them, I see similarities. To me, they both have the 'L' shaped things on the arms. It looks like a sagging version of the style that Detroit has.

Overall, I just think that teams need to be more original.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'm trying to find some positive in the Lightning's new jersey, but I really can't. The style reminds me of the All-Star jersey, just a little bit sharper with some lines added at the bottom. I mean, it's SLIGHTLY unique, but still has that cookie-cutter formula that the NHL is basically adopting for it's uniforms.

Oh, and not sure if you guys heard, but the NHL is destroying it's history again. No more goal judges behind the nets.

Look some of the designs are going to be similar that is to be expected they are all being done at the same time by the same designer following the same uniform trends. However there are enough key differences between them to distinguish between the designs. If you want to talk about cookie cutter goo look at the 80's uniforms which all pretty much had tree stripes on the sleeve and waist. Sure it was traditional and IMO looked good but it was still cookie cutter. And those were uniforms designed y different people at different times. There were the same amount a differences between those uniforms then as there are now with these. You just noticing it now because of two things one they are all coming out at relatively the same time so it's easier to compare. Secondly you are on high alert because you are aware the NHL is switching to a new cut next year so you are looking for these things.

Goal judges are useless just like the Queen is to Canada.

And these jerseys look nothing like the all star jerseys

Goal judges are useless, eh? Must be a Sabres fan....

Anway, I think they do look like the All-Star jerseys. I didn't say they were an exact replica, but looking at them, I see similarities. To me, they both have the 'L' shaped things on the arms. It looks like a sagging version of the style that Detroit has.

Overall, I just think that teams need to be more original.

They are absolutely useless. They serve no purpose. Even if their call contradicts that of the refs, the play almost always continues. They have no input in any decision made by the refs or the real goal judges sitting upstairs or in Toronto.

And I'm a Habs fan.

Archived