2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why is it that most negative comments about the ottawa designs are about it being plain and boring, yet designs like the red wings are looked at in a much more favorable light?? What isn't plain and boring about those jerseys?? They are just red with a white stripe on the sleeve and at the waist for home, opposite colours for the road.WOW!!OH MY GOD!!! WHAT BRILLIANCE!!!

Its because theyre traditional. Tradition cant be boring it seems. Its classy to maintain that tradition keeping it the way it has always been but to me theyre a bit boring.

im speechless, i really am.

2 years! 2 years to come up with this?! nevermind it looks quasi-allstar template, but its a logistical nightmare. The blue is far too dark to be used next to black. I had to strain to see the blue. When i look at it, it looks like they are wearing all black instead of a splash of blue. Generally im not a fan of the arbitrary use of piping, but in this case silver piping would help to seperate the blue from the black. no hemline stripes and front numbers on the away alone put this at an automatic downgrade. The logo is good but seems visually off balance. I much rather put the lightning on the bottom right of the logo for visual balance, right now it looks off. Otherwise, its a pretty cool logo.

Congradulations Tampa, you join the elite ranks of the Panthers, Predators, Islanders, Sabres, Senators, and Capitals in being Patsoxed!

I give the designs a C-

Grades thus far:

Anaheim: B (the over simplified logo keeps them from having a full A)

Atlanta: N/A

Boston: A+

Buffalo: F

Calgary: N/A

Carolina: B

Chicago: N/A

Colorado: N/A

Columbus: A+

Dallas: N/A

Detroit: A+

Edmonton: N/A

Florida: D-

Los Angeles: D

Minnesota: N/A

Montreal: N/A

Nashville: F

New Jersey: N/A

New York I: F

New York R: A+

Ottawa: C- (the only reason i give them high marks is because their logos are awsome, other wise it would be near the F's)

Philadelphia: N/A

Phoenix:N/A

Pittsburgh:N/A

St. Louis: N/A

San Jose: N/A (logo is promising, i just hope the jerseys give them high marks)

Tampa: D- (not even the logo could give them a passing grade. But is good enough to not give them an outright F)

Toronto: N/A

Vancouver: N/A

Washington: C+ (Logo and colors give it a passing grade and almost a B, the jersey kills it)

Thus far my fair and balanced grades:

4 A's

2 B's

2 C's

3 D's

3 F's

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

why is it that most negative comments about the ottawa designs are about it being plain and boring, yet designs like the red wings are looked at in a much more favorable light?? What isn't plain and boring about those jerseys?? They are just red with a white stripe on the sleeve and at the waist for home, opposite colours for the road.WOW!!OH MY GOD!!! WHAT BRILLIANCE!!!

heres the difference, Detroit has a history with their jerseys, plain as they may be. however Ottawa doesn't, they are a relatively new team compared with the wings and really don't have much history associated with their stuff, so they have a little more freedom to be more liberal with thier designs but nothing wild and crazy. THe sens set isn't the worst, its just they can be alot better. The wings, I wouldn't mind seeing them change up their stuff as there is alot of room for modernization, but given whats already been released, they might be better off not even concieving the idea.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Its because theyre traditional. Tradition cant be boring it seems. Its classy to maintain that tradition keeping it the way it has always been but to me theyre a bit boring.

I think Detroit gets a lot of praise for having a simple, but not barren look. If Detroit eliminated the hem stripe, their uniforms would probably look just as bland as Ottawa's and TB's do. Detroit's jersey, while simple with its solid block stripes, does incorporate two of the tradional elements of a hockey jersey, a hem stripe and mid arm stripes. These colour blocks are, IMO, going to be more visible than the under arm colour blocks the TB/OTT template uses, which are going to be largely hidden when watching a game. Players arms and gloves are going to largely conceal those colour blocks, leading to impression of a monochrome jersey.

The Oilers FINALLY have something on their website about the new jersey. However it only has a pre-order form and says that they will be available Sept. 16

Ya i saw this too - hmmm i wonder if we are getting rid of the red and going to a slightly lighter copper? one can hope. Can't wait to see these!

Does anyone have a picture of the Oilers hat to go a long with all those other pictures that were on here?

gagner3.png

2 years! 2 years to come up with this?! nevermind it looks quasi-allstar template, but its a logistical nightmare. The blue is far too dark to be used next to black. I had to strain to see the blue. When i look at it, it looks like they are wearing all black instead of a splash of blue. Generally im not a fan of the arbitrary use of piping, but in this case silver piping would help to seperate the blue from the black. no hemline stripes and front numbers on the away alone put this at an automatic downgrade. The logo is good but seems visually off balance. I much rather put the lightning on the bottom right of the logo for visual balance, right now it looks off. Otherwise, its a pretty cool logo.

Congradulations Tampa, you join the elite ranks of the Panthers, Predators, Islanders, Sabres, Senators, and Capitals in being Patsoxed!

I give the designs a C-

Grades thus far:

Ottawa: C- (the only reason i give them high marks is because their logos are awsome, other wise it would be near the F's)

Tampa: D- (not even the logo could give them a passing grade. But is good enough to not give them an outright F)

Washington: C+ (Logo and colors give it a passing grade and almost a B, the jersey kills it)

4 A's

2 B's

2 C's

3 D's

3 F's

wow, get a life

I give the designs a C-

Grades thus far:

4 A's

2 B's

2 C's

3 D's

3 F's

wow, get a life

Someone doesn't understand the point of this forum.

More sucky jerseys. A black jersey with no hem stripe + black pants and probably black socks = crap. just a big black blob designwise.

Agreed, this jersey needs a bottom hemline more than many other teams. Way too much empty space with the design they made. Pathetic.

I give the designs a C-

Grades thus far:

4 A's

2 B's

2 C's

3 D's

3 F's

wow, get a life

Someone doesn't understand the point of this forum.

Someone doesn't understand quantum physics.

I was just watching Global Vancouver and there was a commercial saying that they will be televising the Canucks jersey unveiling live on Wednesday at Noon Pacific.

For those of you with Bell ExpressVu, that's channel 252.

They will also be available for sale, I believe, immediately following the unveiling.

wow, get a life

bit of a :censored:, aren't you?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

wow, get a life

It's not been nice knowing you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived