2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once more, I'm not excited by a new jersey. <_<

Here's a couple of tweaks I'd make if I could. Overall, I like this one more than most of the new ones. It's rather sinister, but there's just acres of black on it that I'm not wild about.

Also, as others have said, the blue does not separate from the black nearly as much as it should.

So, in the spirit of the new designs, I live you...more piping!

I've always thought the original Tampa Jerseys were horribly generic looking so I don't want to go back to the white shoulders and I didn't want to divide the chest into segments like Nashville or Washington with those snazzy armpit-to-collar piping things, so I went with the Carolina/Minnesota shoulder piping, while keeping the shoulders the color of the body of the jersey.

I trimmed the blue with white on the sleeves to separate those areas and added a pair of the much needed and sorely missed waist stripes, with a bit of white trim on top to maintain consistency with the sleeve treatment.

TBL.jpg

That looks...

AWESOMEEEEEE!

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

If those are Nike pants on Souray, which they look a lot like, then the piping observation is meaningless. I highly doubt that Edmonton would issue the new pants to Souray before they unveiled the actual uniforms........

Having said that, I believe we can expect piping on the Oilers.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Looks like RBK has pumped out new practice socks too. I saw a clip on the local news about Briere's first skate as a Flyer, and all the guys in the clip were wearing these socks. This was the best picture I can get (off the Flyers website). If you look to the right of the pic, you can kind of see what Im talking about.

briereskate2.jpg

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The Senators and Lightning jerseys are terrible, they are boring and plain. Ottawa could of had a great look if the had used the template from last years third jersey except now they have a boring jersey and don?t stand out and why wouldn?t they include gold in the jerseys when its used so much in the logos. The lighting did nothing to improve there look if they had made blue the primary these would be much better. And what does rebook have against bottom striping whets the point of leaving the bottom of jerseys blank it makes them look so boring

Looks like RBK has pumped out new practice socks too. I saw a clip on the local news about Briere's first skate as a Flyer, and all the guys in the clip were wearing these socks. This was the best picture I can get (off the Flyers website). If you look to the right of the pic, you can kind of see what Im talking about.

briereskate2.jpg

Oh wow! The next horrible jersey fad, neon stripes on the jerseys! Oops! Don't let Reebok, or Nike read this post. My gosh how horrible would the Oregon Ducks be with neon stripes on their jerseys... or would that be neon diamond plating?

So heres a question. Being a english Montrealer and a huge Montreal Canadiens fan, i've been trying to find out information about the new uniforms. We all know they aren't changing. However, what I am curious to see is if the Habs follow the Alouettes in terms of league logo on the collar. The Alouettes have LCF on the collar while rest of the teams in the league have CFL. At the Centre Bell they always have the NHL advertised as LNH. Do you guys think the Habs will have LNH on the collar instead of NHL?

The NHL should have a different logo for their jerseys just because Montrealers like to speak french? I don't think so. The QMJHL does it but that's because they're based in french canadian territory.

Are you serious? Do you understand how stupid that statement looks?

It's the official language of the province bub, and also an official National Language of one of the teams in the league. All Montreal and Quebec City teams have had French equivalent logos and patches for whatever they've worn.

Cause, you know, it's nice when you watch or read something in the city you live in that you're able to actually understand it

EDIT: It should also be noted, that while the QMJHL is indeed based in Quebec, the teams that are based elsewhere still use English crests and names, and not French

Cause, you know, it's nice when you watch or read something in the city you live in that you're able to actually understand it

Hehe.. sorry, I understand what you're trying to say, but when the original bally-hoo is about whether or not the logo on the small triangle bit of the collar will be LNH vs. NHL, I think that "Able to actually understand it" is a little bit of a stretch. ;)

briereskate2.jpg

Oh wow! The next horrible jersey fad, neon stripes on the jerseys! Oops! Don't let Reebok, or Nike read this post. My gosh how horrible would the Oregon Ducks be with neon stripes on their jerseys... or would that be neon diamond plating?

Reebok already knows...those are the officials NHL practice jerseys, and yes, those stripes glow.

2361985130100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

First off, HOW EFFING GREAT would our crest look with the "zero" as our logo?! Instead, they spent 2 freaking years to come up with..........a steaming pile of horse crap.

TBL.jpg

I would take off the stripes from the bottom(the logo is "jagged", stripes are square. one or the other, but not both.), and I would make the piping silver instead of white. I would also tweak the "design" of the piping a bit. I like the concept that you're trying to portray, but I think it needs a little tweaking.

SigReflect.png

briereskate2.jpg

Reebok already knows...those are the officials NHL practice jerseys, and yes, those stripes glow.

The reflective stripes are nothing new to the practice jersey...they were on last year too. they don't actually glow, they just reflect when a flash is used.

The flyers socks in that picture look pretty cool actually, but in a soccer kind of way. This gives me some giddy hope that the Canadiens will return to having red squares on the knee ala the 1930's.

gagner3.png

Andy Strickland (1380 ESPN Radio and Hockeybuzz.com) blogged that the Blues pants will have some sort of stripes on the front. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I can only picture (hope) he is talking about a horizontal stripe at the bottom of each leg. Anything else just wouldn't make sense.

But then...

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

So heres a question. Being a english Montrealer and a huge Montreal Canadiens fan, i've been trying to find out information about the new uniforms. We all know they aren't changing. However, what I am curious to see is if the Habs follow the Alouettes in terms of league logo on the collar. The Alouettes have LCF on the collar while rest of the teams in the league have CFL. At the Centre Bell they always have the NHL advertised as LNH. Do you guys think the Habs will have LNH on the collar instead of NHL?

The NHL should have a different logo for their jerseys just because Montrealers like to speak french? I don't think so. The QMJHL does it but that's because they're based in french canadian territory.

Are you serious? Do you understand how stupid that statement looks?

It's the official language of the province bub, and also an official National Language of one of the teams in the league. All Montreal and Quebec City teams have had French equivalent logos and patches for whatever they've worn.

EDIT: It should also be noted, that while the QMJHL is indeed based in Quebec, the teams that are based elsewhere still use English crests and names, and not French

If you're having trouble understanding what "NHL" is then I suggest you either get an English-to-French dictionary or a reflective mirror because the education system has obviously failed you.

I don't know if the Canadiens have has the LNH logo on their uniforms in the past. I think that would give insight on what the collar would be. I don;t have a problem with the LNH logo on the collar after all it is Montreal and the official language their is French. It's not like they have to create a new logo the French logo already exist and is used there.

Once more, I'm not excited by a new jersey. <_<

Here's a couple of tweaks I'd make if I could. Overall, I like this one more than most of the new ones. It's rather sinister, but there's just acres of black on it that I'm not wild about.

Also, as others have said, the blue does not separate from the black nearly as much as it should.

So, in the spirit of the new designs, I live you...more piping!

I've always thought the original Tampa Jerseys were horribly generic looking so I don't want to go back to the white shoulders and I didn't want to divide the chest into segments like Nashville or Washington with those snazzy armpit-to-collar piping things, so I went with the Carolina/Minnesota shoulder piping, while keeping the shoulders the color of the body of the jersey.

I trimmed the blue with white on the sleeves to separate those areas and added a pair of the much needed and sorely missed waist stripes, with a bit of white trim on top to maintain consistency with the sleeve treatment.

TBL.jpg

I'm glad you added bottom stripes. Only here there are too many. The arms are ok the way they are now, and we don't need another team with shoulders like that. For the bottom use two or three stripes the most. Not four.

I don't know if the Canadiens have has the LNH logo on their uniforms in the past. I think that would give insight on what the collar would be. I don;t have a problem with the LNH logo on the collar after all it is Montreal and the official language their is French. It's not like they have to create a new logo the French logo already exist and is used there.

Lol, I never even thought about that but you're right, they will most likely have LNH instead of NHL. I never really gave that detail much importance.

This has probably been said somewhere in all these threads about the rbk edge/nike swift jerseys, but combination of tighter cut, prevalent unnecessary piping, and relatively little horizontal stripes reminds of long sleeve soccer jerseys.

beckham_1.jpg

What team is this? from the looks, it looks like Team Beno Siemens. maybe LA Beno Siemens?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived