2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

In 1992.

Holy #$%@

lmao

She was here in Nashville for a while...and she SUCKED!

Yeah she sucked soo bad that she had the best save percentage out of the 5 goalies that played on that team that year as well as being 3-0...yeah, might want to re-define what the word SUCK means to you in Nashville.

Someone's a little touchy, aren't we? Did you watch her play? No, you didn't. Did I? Yes, I did. The other teams took it easy on her, man. She complained about high shots hurting her :censored:, so other teams stopped shooting high slappers. The whole circus was nothing but a joke.

If she said that high shots hurt her :censored:, I wouldn't really care because she is wearing a chest protector anyway. I mean, how bad could it really hurt? Though I am curious to see an article or something where she said "High shots hurt my :censored:." or something to that effect because I found that somewhat humorous.

If I recall correctly, and mind you this has been quite a few years, this statement was made during a local TV telecast (and no, with that occuring in 93-94 it won't be on the net, but feel free wasting your time to look). And of course, that wasn't a direct quote--and I never said it was--but her statement was that slapshots that hit her in that area hurt her chest. I don't have boobs, but I would think that even with a chest protector it probably wouldn't feel too good.

Back to the topic of this thread: Do we know if pre-ordered jerseys are being mailed on Sept 11 or 13th? I know Ive heard one of those two dates.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember, the Canucks began play in the old WHL and PCHL. I can't find a pick of there jerseys from then anywhere, but I remember them having "Canucks" and/or "Vancouver" script on the jerseys. I'm bringing this up because, on the teaser pics of the Canucks jersey it keeps saying "where we began" and, If the Canucks are actually adding the script over the logo then, "where we began" would make sense. People wanted to bring back Johnny Canuck, in a way they are but not in the logo form, but from an element from the Johnny Canuck days. Who knows though, maybe I'm over-thinking this.

After some searching I was able to come up with this picture from 1957, so yes the Canucks have had a script on the front of their jerseys

ckwxphoto44ms6.jpg

Remember, the Canucks began play in the old WHL and PCHL. I can't find a pick of there jerseys from then anywhere, but I remember them having "Canucks" and/or "Vancouver" script on the jerseys. I'm bringing this up because, on the teaser pics of the Canucks jersey it keeps saying "where we began" and, If the Canucks are actually adding the script over the logo then, "where we began" would make sense. People wanted to bring back Johnny Canuck, in a way they are but not in the logo form, but from an element from the Johnny Canuck days. Who knows though, maybe I'm over-thinking this.

After some searching I was able to come up with this picture from 1957, so yes the Canucks have had a script on the front of their jerseys

ckwxphoto44ms6.jpg

i didn't realize the canucks went that far back. :blink: Im not really fearing the canucks set as much as i did, because they seem to be taking elements of their history and putting them on their jerseys. The orca logo is almost going to seem out of place.

to answer the soccer question a few pages back. I don't follow soccer at all, I know very little about soccer or any of the players or leagues in general, I vaguely knew who david beckham was until the celeb mags became obsessed over him and the spice girl and i saw them in every single magazine. I asked the question because i honestly did not know what the team was. I probably would have probably connected him to the team better if I saw Real Madrids logo instead of BenQ Siemens. Which would be the equal of taking the Washington Capitals jerseys, moving it to a unnoticable place on the jersey and putting K-Mart or Winn-Dixie front and center and having a sports fan who don't follow hockey at all to think the team is team K-Mart or Winn-Dixie with out seeing the Capitals logo. But that is me being accustomed to seeing pro teams with team logos front and center and not corporate logos. The team BenQ Siemens remarks was a smartass remark by me but i was tryign to make a point. With out seeing a Real Madrid logo, i immediately thought Team BenQ Siemens. Which makes my point as to why i never want to see corporate logos front and center and team logos regulated to a hidden area.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

ZOMG..i'm soo unexcited to see the launch of the current logo recoloured with the old school colours in a new jersey scheme (likely something copied)...i love this new take on the word "new"...

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

An update on the schedule for tomorrow, courtesy of the email from the Canucks that just appeared in my inbox:
CANUCKS LAUNCH NEW SWEATER TOMORROW!

Can't come to GM Place for the official unveiling? Watch the event LIVE STREAMING on canucks.com at 12:30 pm. Also, Global Noon News will be broadcasting live from the event from 12:00 - 1:00.

Schedule of Events

11:30 am - Tailgate party on the South Plaza

12:00 pm - Doors open, please enter through Gate 7

12:30 pm - Unveiling of the Canucks Sweater

1:00 pm - Canucks Team Store opens. Photos with FIN on the South Plaza.

**Watch for an all new Inside Edge contest to be launched tomorrow, giving you the chance to win a Canucks home sweater!

I'll be checking it out on Global on my lunchbreak. I hope any posters able to go will take some pictures, its nice to have them to go with the official promo stuff.

I'll be at GM place for the official unveiling...as a season ticket holder (selling tix, all but dec 8th), i usually go to these...i'll be there but no way in hell am i taking pictures of the atrocious jerseys. As everyone knows, i do not support the dorca logo. My gf on the other hand loves anything with the canucks on it and wants to go so i'm stuck.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

At least the Orca's a better logo than the oval with a stick on it. Then again, the Canucks have yet to have a decent logo, oh, ever.

Planning to not take pictures because you're convinced they'll be horrible? Now that seems odd to me. But, hey, it's your call.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

why are some teams waiting till mid sept to unviel there unis??

NHL 08 comes out sept 11th and they have already confirmed all new jerseys will be in the game..guess some of these teams are choosing to unviel after game drops?? makes no sense to me

They already announced that the games will be delivered with the old jerseys and once all the new ones are revealed a patch will be available for download to update to the new ones.

This isn't accurate.. They'll be releasing a *CODE* that you input into the game to unlock the jerseys.. there is no downloading, everything is already there. You won't need to be/get online for anything.

Ah so there is no need to get online and get the input for for the new jerseys to be dled when they all are on the game to be unlocked completely? No problem as I do have PS2 and yet I have to connet the PS2 to the internet to dl anything or so.. could that code be used to get all jerseys unlocked or individual jerseys with different codes?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

ckwxphoto44ms6.jpg

i didn't realize the canucks went that far back. :blink: Im not really fearing the canucks set as much as i did, because they seem to be taking elements of their history and putting them on their jerseys. The orca logo is almost going to seem out of place.

They've only been in the NHL since '71, but there was a PCHL team called the Canucks in the 50s and 60s.

I might be late on this (I didn't read all 100+ pages), but SportsBusiness Daily this morning reported that today:
The Devils will unveil a new logo at the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, New Jersey.

:blink: Say WHAT!?

I was rather shocked as well. It's a subscription site, so I can't post a link. I apologize if they are wrong. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

I might be late on this (I didn't read all 100+ pages), but SportsBusiness Daily this morning reported that today:
The Devils will unveil a new logo at the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton, New Jersey.

I was rather shocked as well. It's a subscription site, so I can't post a link. I apologize if they are wrong. (Don't shoot the messenger.)

It's most likely a new logo for the arena or a 25th anniversary logo since they moved to NJ in 1982-83 this would be season #25 in New Jersey.

But the other things doesn't make sense...why Trenton? Don't the Devils play in Newark?

It's most likely a new logo for the arena or a 25th anniversary logo since they moved to NJ in 1982-83 this would be season #25 in New Jersey.

But the other things doesn't make sense...why Trenton? Don't the Devils play in Newark?

I thought they wore a 25 years patch this past season..

Wait are you talking about the Jersey Devils or the one's from Trenton?

Hi, how are you?

Yup...but IIRC Trenton's their AA affiliate, and did get renamed this offseason, so maybe its a replacement logo for the garbage one currently on the ECHL website.

So yeah...this is probably the Trenton Devils.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yup...but IIRC Trenton's their AA affiliate, and did get renamed this offseason, so maybe its a replacement logo for the garbage one currently on the ECHL website.

So yeah...this is probably the Trenton Devils.

It's probably a old article. Back in June they had a press conference in Trenton to announce the name change of the Titans and introduced a new logo. That logo ended up being Trenton of the NJ Devils logo. The article probably was talking about Trenton.

Archived