2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Hey I am back. As most of you probably noticed I have been away for 2 weeks and I know that I have missed ALOT. could someone post up one of those list things that says what all the teams have done so that I dont have to go looking for them.

Thanks in advance.

Set aside a few hours and have fun scrolling through the history. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey I am back. As most of you probably noticed I have been away for 2 weeks and I know that I have missed ALOT. could someone post up one of those list things that says what all the teams have done so that I dont have to go looking for them.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Creamer's Sports Logos Community > Sports Logos > Sports Logos > 2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms > Post #1

B)

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Thanks in advance.

Just go look at Cap89's "NHL in 2007/08" site. I think he has all the updates on there. Briefly, I think you've missed OTT and TB unveilings, and Canucks logo leaks.

Ok here's the updated board (as of August 26, 2007):

? Anaheim - Presumed to be same as last year

? Atlanta - No info as of yet

? Boston - Home jersey, Away jersey, New shoulder logo

? Buffalo - Presumed to be the same as last year

? Calgary - Possibly going with Quad City Flames design, teaser (to be unveiled Sept.)

? Carolina - Shots from EA sports NHL 2008: Home, away

? Chicago - No info as of yet

? Colorado - Rumored to be only minor tweaks, no big changes.

? Columbus - Home, away, both (full set)

? Dallas - New jersey design coming, but no new info yet

? Detroit - Home and away jerseys

? Edmonton - No new info yet

? Florida - Home and away jerseys, front / back

? Los Angeles - Home, away

? Minnesota - Red to be home primary, teaser

? Montreal - No info as of yet, presumed to be the same

? Nashville - Home and away (Another shot), 10th anniversary patch

? New Jersey - No new info yet

? NY Islanders - Home jersey, Away jersey, Goalie in white, Goalie in blue

? NY Rangers - Home and away

? Ottawa - Updated 2D and 3D logo; Home and away sets

? Philadelphia - Jerseys to be unveiled in September, possible teaser

? Phoenix - No new info yet

? Pittsburgh - possible home, possible away jersey and possible uniform pants *unconfirmed*

? San Jose - Gallery of new Sharks logos, name and number, jersey to be revealed in September.

? St. Louis - "Vertical" element in jerseys, to be unveiled September 15th

? Tampa Bay - New logos, Home and Away jerseys; new home and away jerseys w/ numbers (another shot)

? Toronto - No new info yet

? Vancouver - Recolored Orca logo, Jerseys to be unveiled August 29th.

? Washington - Home and road, new shoulder patch, full set

Also, be sure to check out capn89's 07-08 jerseys page.

Im willing to bet the Devils are basically the same as last year, with a patch for the Rock instead of the 25th Anniversary.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tack on another stupid logo change in the NHL rebranding episodes. The Tampa Bay Logo has always been sub-par, and this change does not cause for an improvement.

I havent seen a concept out of you in awhile, ya know........

hint hint nudge nudge

SigReflect.png

Thanks in advance.

The very first post of this thread shows all the changes... c'mon now.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

why is it that most negative comments about the ottawa designs are about it being plain and boring, yet designs like the red wings are looked at in a much more favorable light?? What isn't plain and boring about those jerseys?? They are just red with a white stripe on the sleeve and at the waist for home, opposite colours for the road.WOW!!OH MY GOD!!! WHAT BRILLIANCE!!!

because it's classy and original

This fact we all know will be true... Tampa's new practise jerseys will have more personality, if you will, than their new game jerseys.

Ottawa's is, however, a very great update. Half the '92 expansion teams did well on this update.

Since Detroilette was brought up, yes, I'll agree that the red jerseys are a bit on the dull side. I can't, however, imagine them changing them.

The white jerseys, though, are class, through and through.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hmm,

If the NHL Video Game is correct not much of a change with the Coyotes except dropping the striping along the bottom of the sweater.

I guess we will see in a few weeks!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

An HF boards poster found some more Canucks logo leaks over at Fathead, a company that makes big wall sticker thingys.

Orca big logo, Linked for hugeness

Orca in Room, with new Stick-In-Rink Logo

Is it just me, or does the stick on the new stick-in-rink logo make a slight 'V'?

And the Lightning jerseys should have been unveiled by now, says it started at 10 on the website.

It's just you. And they unnecessarily changed that logo for no good reason. It was fine the way it was.

I don't think the change to the stick in rink was unnecessary the blue outline of the stick makes it more clear that the white part form a C which wasn't clear on the original.

It's completely unnecessary to change a logo that resonates with it's intended fanbase. Canuck's fans are attached to this. To hard core fans of the Canucks it is really the only classic NHL logo they've ever had and now it's just a cartoony thing that is geared towards three year olds and people that don't give a crap about the team -probably you. As an actual fan of the team that lives here and has followed the team longer than most of the members of this board have been alive, I couldn't be more upset with this decision. It really pisses me off that they would mess with the only Canuck's logo I actually like and I could really care less how well non-fans can see the "c" now. It's not about you.

DEATH TO REEBOK

An HF boards poster found some more Canucks logo leaks over at Fathead, a company that makes big wall sticker thingys.

Orca big logo, Linked for hugeness

Orca in Room, with new Stick-In-Rink Logo

Is it just me, or does the stick on the new stick-in-rink logo make a slight 'V'?

And the Lightning jerseys should have been unveiled by now, says it started at 10 on the website.

It's just you. And they unnecessarily changed that logo for no good reason. It was fine the way it was.

I don't think the change to the stick in rink was unnecessary the blue outline of the stick makes it more clear that the white part form a C which wasn't clear on the original.

It's completely unnecessary to change a logo that resonates with it's intended fanbase. Canuck's fans are attached to this. To hard core fans of the Canucks it is really the only classic NHL logo they've ever had and now it's just a cartoony thing that is geared towards three year olds and people that don't give a crap about the team -probably you. As an actual fan of the team that lives here and has followed the team longer than most of the members of this board have been alive, I couldn't be more upset with this decision. It really pisses me off that they would mess with the only Canuck's logo I actually like and I could really care less how well now fans can see the "c" now. It's not about you.

Agreed that it's a needless change, but it is AT WORST a minor difference. Geared towards three-year-olds? Cartoony? Wow.

I'm not sure if this would be a leak or not, but if you look at Sheldon Souray's pants you can see that there is thin copper piping on them. Pat LaForge had said that the oilers would have stripes on their pants this year, which they haven't had in a long time since the orange/blue days.

Could this be the new oilers pants, meaning we'll more than likely be seeing a blue and copper version of the florida template like this concept.

gagner3.png

I hear people comparing Ottawa's new jerseys to Tampa Bay's...

To me, the difference is the logo. I absolutely LOVE Ottawa's new set, and mostly because of the logo. It's simply wonderful. The Lightning however, is just.....lopsided, lazy, and uncreative.

Agreed on all counts.

If the Sens and Lightning sets are similar, it only shows how the details separate an excellent design from a lousy one....

This fact we all know will be true... Tampa's new practise jerseys will have more personality, if you will, than their new game jerseys.

Ottawa's is, however, a very great update. Half the '92 expansion teams did well on this update.

Huh? They look almost exactly the same, style wise. Ottawa's logo is slightly better, but all in all both are too plain and uninteresting.

Also, I updated the front page with more of the official pics from NHL's website, in the hopes to avoid dead links in the future. So check it out.

Archived