New Australian uniform for Twenty20 World Cup

Primal

Courtesy of Cricket Australia.

"While the most obvious difference between this uniform and previous ones is that it's sleeveless, the new top also integrates high tech breathable fabrics, designed to keep player's cool in South Africa's warm October conditions, with new compression fabrics that assist muscle support and ensure energy loss and muscles recovery times are minimised."

78979.jpg

Ah, Adidas. So creative when it comes to screwing up Australian cricket. Call me old-fashioned, but "aluminium" is not really a recognised Australian sporting colour....

(It begs the question: how did Adidas, who produced not only this garbage but also our previous Twenty20 shambles and the one-day outfit that looked more like South Africa or New Zealand than Australia manage to pump out our half-decent World Cup uniform in amongst all the blunders???)

The dark green shirt is an item of beauty, especially if you have one without the sponsors on it!

The other adidas shirts have all been rubbish and this latest disaster looks like something I'd expect Nike to inflict on Oregon! So what happens if players don't like the Under Armour/Skins stuff underneath? Sounds like its required with the new uniform.

Aluminium was of course an infamous Australian cricketing element ;)

liverpool-1.png

maybe adidas got confused and thought they were the national footy team? doesn't explain why they used one of their recent soccer templates, though. they woulda been better off with more green, no silver. it'd still be a sucky design, it'd just make a tad more sense.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've got a question.

Why hasn't Australia changed it's flag to incorporate green and yellow and somekind of Aussie symbolism instead of sticking with the old version with the Union Jack and stars on it?

I'm just saying, they aren't a colony anymore right?

I've got a question.

Why hasn't Australia changed it's flag to incorporate green and yellow and somekind of Aussie symbolism instead of sticking with the old version with the Union Jack and stars on it?

It's been on the cards for years, but it won't happen until we become a republic. For now, we're still part of the Commonwealth and Liz II is still our head of state (although the end is somewhat nigh once John Howard, our current PM and a monarchist, is out of office).

In any case, surveys on the issue have shown that Australian's aren't particularly enamoured with the idea of a green and gold flag. We're like the Netherlands and orange... one set of colours for the formal stuff, one set for the sporty stuff.

I've got a question.

It's been on the cards for years, but it won't happen until we become a republic. For now, we're still part of the Commonwealth and Liz II is still our head of state (although the end is somewhat nigh once John Howard, our current PM and a monarchist, is out of office).

In any case, surveys on the issue have shown that Australian's aren't particularly enamoured with the idea of a green and gold flag. We're like the Netherlands and orange... one set of colours for the formal stuff, one set for the sporty stuff.

.... well, we're still part of the Commonwealth and we don't use the Union Jack on our flag anymore... maybe you guys down there can't seem to decide on a flag design :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Of course being a republic does not necessarily exclude you from the Commonwealth as more than half the members are republics.

Anyway back on topic...

How would they sell these shirts for fans to buy? Sleeveless? Fake silver sleeves? Buy one and get compression shirt free?

liverpool-1.png

Just read this...

"The Twenty20 supporter uniform (RRP$100) will be available at selected Sports Retailers nationally from August 2007. Australia 's first official Twenty20 match in the new strip will be on September 12 against Zimbabwe at Newlands Cricket Ground in Cape Town."

Anyone that buys one for themselves should get their nickname on the back...Wanker

sig.png

I think this now makes 8 different shirts we've had since adidas took over 2 years ago.

Original yellow home shirt

Green "away" shirt

Grey Twenty20 shirt

Yellow version of green away shirt

Green home shirt

Grey Twenty20 shirt v2

World Cup shirt

Yellow sleeveless crap we see above

liverpool-1.png

Don't forget the shirt we used just before the world cup while in NZ.

72005.jpg

Pretty much the same as the WC shirt but missing the chest stripes and also has Adidas stripes down the pants.

sig.png

Aside from the World Cup ones which were classic, they've all gone downhill from the start. The yellow ones we wore for the Super Series One Dayers were great over that summer, then adidas realised it was nice so they ruined it and along comes sleeveless crap.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived