Columbus destroyers

mac

I miss the ole New Jersey Red Dogs

That was one of the best logos ever... well, in AFL, at least.  I'm presuming they had some copyright issues with a certain drink, causing them to change to being the Gladiators...?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the Hooters too Crash Jensen was their QB after hsi Dolphisn career ended and Don Strock was teh Coach.

It was a sponsorship deal the Red Dogs were sponsored by Red Dog Beer.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Sorry all of you AFL fans but I live in Buffalo and I thought that arena football was about the worst thing I have ever seen.

I went to some Destroyers games their first season, and it was pretty bad. Managed to catch a few exciting games in the second & third year though.

Arena ball is a great game that I'd like to see get better established. Hopefully the league will have better franchise stability and exposure in the next few years. I can really see it taking off.

Wish we had a team in Raleigh.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Sorry all of you AFL fans but I live in Buffalo and I thought that arena football was about the worst thing I have ever seen.

Well, you did have to watch the Destroyers...

Wish we had a team in Raleigh.

You did two years ago.

On a side note: I also recall seeing Mark Duper suit up for the Hooters...

• 2 weeks later...
this week they wore silver pants with no stripes with the navy jerseys. I didn't really like the uniforms. They had a big thick red stripe on the helmet but very little red in the rest of the jersey. It looked very thrown together and the logo on the helmet was just the word mark I was disapointed by them.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

It probably was thrown together, considering that they're coming up with a completely new identity package for next season, which I think is the most bone-headed move ever. Why wait a full year after your team starts playing to give them a real identity?

Better late than never, though, right? Well, I guess we won't know if that's true till we see it.

i noticed something yesterday but decided not to dig this thread up... if u go to the afl site... they have the tiny logo for the schedule they are still using the buffalo head for columbus...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived