Nike ruins another great uniform?

BaltimoreFan

There are rumors that there may be a new basketball uniforms for the Terp.

Here is where they were mentioned in a BatlimoreSun blog (in the comments section):

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/col...h_football.html

Unofficially, yes. And unofficially, there might be a new uniform.

Also someone on a Maryland board I view mentioned this:

The design for the new gold uni's has been around for quite a while. They are the newer style cut like Fla, Cuse and OSU wore last yr. Tighter fitting jerseys w/ baggy shorts. The new style for the shorts isn't as good as the ones we currently wear though. They kind of remind me of the newer Miami 'Canes and Va Tech football unis w/ those wrap around stripes....not a big fan.

And here were some pictures from the same site:

1359282.jpeg

n502107121_105542_9796.jpg

I'm not sure how accurate the pictures are. I don't like these changes at all. I'm probably biased, but the Maryland bball uniforms are some of the best in the NCAA. The only change I may go for is a gold alternate, but I'm not even sure if that could work (maybe gold and black as opposed to gold and red, but that might look too much like Georgia Tech).

I have a bad feeling that all of the nike elite teams are going to have changes this season that were introduced last year in the postseason. One thing I have noticed though, is that here in Arizona at the campus bookstore, they have stopped selling the nike elite jerseys/shorts that we wore in the NCAA tournament last year, and they started selling the old jerseys/shorts again. I really have no knowledge of what is actually going on, it is just an observation.

ua_logo.jpg

Archived