AFL Grand Final

Alphabet Man

Geelong beat Collingwood on Friday night, the Power downed the Roos and the two will meet this Saturday afternoon in the decider.

Not really sure who will win, Geelong and Port have both suprised many this year, both didn't play finals last year so I'm not sure on who to tip.

Geelong finished ontop and had about 15 straight wins through the middle of the year but weren't at all convincing on Friday night. But Port did end that streak with a last minute goal in their Round 18 or 19 clash at Skilled Stadium.

I do reckon that it will be close either way.

Not sure about the TV schedule for US/Canadia. In Australia, channel 10 has it again and the Brownlow Medal tomorrow night is on channel 7.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

:censored: Are Port really going to wear their alternates in the Grand Final?

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/powe...9881683015.html

AFL told them to last week to prepare for wearing them.

They have to iron on a patch because the Home sponsor gets to sponsor the Grand Final, and the Clash jumpers have the Away sponsors on them.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I HATE THEM BOTH!!!

Well, that was insightful. :rolleyes:

Why would they have to wear their clash kits? Doesn't seem to me like there would be that much of a problem with their regular jumpers.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why would they have to wear their clash kits? Doesn't seem to me like there would be that much of a problem with their regular jumpers.

Because Port's Home jumper has a White Number panel.

(It's a reach, but it's the only thing I can possibly think of it why they would enforce it)

The regular jumpers, with Black shorts solves the problem. Teal with White shorts exacerbates it. (Two teams in Light uniforms)

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The Super Bowl of Australian Football happens today / tonight in Melbourne, as the 111th Grand Final match pits the top seeded Geelong Cats against the second placed Port Adelaide Power. Geelong is looking for its 7th Premiership in its 111 year history, and looking to erase an awful string of five consecutive Grand Final losses. Meanwhile, the Power, in only their 11th season of AFL play, is already looking for their second flag in club history after winning it all in 2004.

The match starts at midnight ET. For my fellow North American fans, you can probably catch it on Setana, if you have it. If you don't, chances are some bar will probably be showing it. Me? I'll be at the party in town that the Philadelphia Hawks (our Aussie Rules club) will be throwing -- they're showing the game on a big screen in an Applebee's. Oh, baby. ^_^

philly.png

It's that one day in Spetember........ Football's such a part of this old town. I feel like listening to Mike Brady all day.

I'll post pics tonight if I remember to take a camera.

This will be the third Grand Final i'd have been to. The others are 1997 and 2006.

I have a feeling that Port may win it. But I don't really care either way.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

You had better remember your camera!

I will see an AFL game in person next August, damnit. I will, I will, I will!

POTD 2013-08-22

I stayed for the whole thing. That was clinical. You put that on a DVD and pull it out to show players how to play the game. Simply amazing.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived