Fake or did they ever wear these?

sigma716

Lots of IHL teams wore satiny jerseys in the late '80s to early '90s, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Amerks also wore them for a time. The material was called "Ice Sheen," made by HiLi, and from what I've read, was mostly loathed by players, some of whom termed them "garbage bags," not unlike the Dallas Mavericks one-game Hefty Bag fiasco.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A few baseball teams in the 50s wore these as well.

Not some new fangled expansion franchises either.

Dodgers, Braves, and Cardinals were among the teams that experimented with satin jerseys to help visibility in night games. The experiment failed.

A few baseball teams in the 50s wore these as well.

Not some new fangled expansion franchises either.

Dodgers, Braves, and Cardinals were among the teams that experimented with satin jerseys to help visibility in night games. The experiment failed.

Thank goodness.

I'm such an idiot....I looked quickly at the title of this thread and thought to myself "Why would a team wear a SATAN jersey?"

Got it now. It is horrendous

^_^

Because his name is Miroslav and he plays for the Islanders.

I'm such an idiot....I looked quickly at the title of this thread and thought to myself "Why would a team wear a SATAN jersey?"

Got it now. It is horrendous

^_^

Because his name is Miroslav and he plays for the Islanders.

No, I actually expected to see a jersey with an image of Satan on it.

Y'know, "The Devil" "Lucifer" "Al Pacino"

Archived