Clippers are wearing their throwback again!

logos are cool

Hey, everybody the Clippers are wearing thier old "San Diego" Clippers throwback uniforms tonight. They are sweet!! The nautical flags on the shorts are really cool and very original. The fact that it spells out CLIPPERS is extra sweet. It would be cool if they would switch back to these?

Maybe someone could do an updated concept design based on these unifroms.

Yeah this was a real great look and I didnt know about the Nautical Flags spelling Clippers that makes it even better.

The Clippers need a new approach and going to these unis full time will be a great start.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The thing I love about these Clippers uniforms is all the nautical flags on the side of the shorts. The league is definitely missing original design like that in today's digs.

kc51design posted an awesome Clippers concept a while back and I feel it's time for some recognition. I sure hope he doesn't mind me posting this.

clippers_concept.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Props to Elton Brand for wearing the matching powder-blue shoes last night. As athletes, Andre 3000 and pimps everywhere know, if you're a 6' black dude, there isn't a piece of clothing on God's earth that can make you look gay.

Discrimihaters' are pretty cool, though I think the flags across the back make it a little too busy - they look cool on the shorts.

Not sure they should go back to the old logos & unis full-time though. That name was really just for SD, and then they just didn't bother changing it when they moved to LA, but dropped the nautical association. It would work if they played in Long Beach, but that's not gonna happen. If they wanted to go back to an old name, I always thought "L.A. Braves" sounded pretty cool, plus the Braves had great unis of their own - black and orange, with the diagonal stripe like the Blazers', only thinner. And of course their team song could be Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Fight Like a Brave."

"fight like a brave

don't be a slave

no one can tell you

you've got to be afraid"

sounds like the Clippers this season!

That is an awesome logo BS.

As for Discrims unis they are allittle to busy. I dont know about the nautical flags on the jerseys up the pants is good enough.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well as far as uniforms go I'd like to see the trim designed in such a way that it looks like rope. Kind of how the Timberwolves have the little green pine trees on their neck and waist bands. I think the nautical flags could possibly be tide into the logo but not too many. Surprisingly, the Clippers do have a lot of potential for a great new look and I think the concept below looks great.

Rope Example Below:

clippers_rope.jpg

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Bump

Retired Number's To Come

I'm not sure about the retros, but what are the blue ones I've seen them in with "Los Angeles" in script written across the front?  Is that an alternate or what?  I think that may be the best jersey in the NBA.
Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived