Just how stupid are todays athletes ?

buildingmaint

The only reason marijuana isn't legal is because corporations and the government would lose money. The pharmaceutical companies wouldn't sell as many drugs because marijuana would be a cheaper and much safer alternative (seriously, listen to the side effects of the drugs they advertise on tv) and the government wouldn't be able to put as many people into its for-profit prisons.

I am not on top of this, but I wonder whether companies such some notable ones in your fair city get in the way as well.

Well, I think you mean ONE company, but yea... I'm sure all the major beer companies are doing all they can to prevent people from finding an alternative way to inebriate themselves. Miller has almost singlehandedly stood in the way of the city enforcing a smoking ban even thought most of the people have been for it for quite some time.

any jerk off can go out and create life at any given moment.

You must have better aim than 99.99% of men on Earth, sir. I tip my hat to you. :D

Skeet, skeet, skeet!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Does the report mention how long the Marijuana was in his system? IIRC, Marijuana has a self life in your blood for about 45 days, so, there may have been a chance that he smoked the Marijuana before he pled guilty. Not saying that this is the case, but that may very well be what happened.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Does the report mention how long the Marijuana was in his system? IIRC, Marijuana has a self life in your blood for about 45 days, so, there may have been a chance that he smoked the Marijuana before he pled guilty. Not saying that this is the case, but that may very well be what happened.

... well I guess he needed to smoke some weed to relieve himself of the pressures of the dogfighting case ?...

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm not so sure that the topic needs to be "Weed vs. Anti-Weed". It's the fact of while ALL of this was going on... he STILL did something Illegal by Law with the high risk of getting caught.

Exactly. It doesn't matter whether or not weed is good or bad for you, the fact remains that the dude did something illegal while he was "hot." How stupid do you have to be to get in even more trouble when you're already in an amazing amount of trouble.

any jerk off can go out and create life at any given moment.

You must have better aim than 99.99% of men on Earth, sir. I tip my hat to you. :D

Skeet, skeet, skeet!

hahaha

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Did he not get stopped in some airport with a suspicious water bottle containing a hidden compartment? Was this not a suspected bong? Ask Ricky Williams if the NFL tests for marijuana . So even if he smoked before all the dog fighting stuff , he had to know that the new commissioner ,who is getting tough with delinquents, might be looking at him.

Did he not get stooped in some airport with a suspicious water bottle containing a hidden compartment?

041217_orangeBowlSS_OK_10.hmedium.jpg

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Ross Regliati would know, we should go ask him.

This case is a prime example of when it rains, it pours. Best thing for him to do is go live in a shack in the woods when he's not in court

My only comment on "weed" vs. "anti-weed" is that I would like to submit all of the username "max"'s posts as evidence that getting baked isn't a good idea.

Vick was simply stupid to do this, considering the amount of scrutiny he is under. Unless of course he figures he will never play in the NFL again, at which point he is only semi-stupid.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's not whether or not weed is better than booze, than pills, than whatever. It's not even about whether it's fair that marijuana hasn't been decriminalized for whatever reason you believe, legitimate or otherwise.

Michael Vick is going to be sentenced for federal felonies in 2 months. His behavior since his guilty plea was entered is being watched by a judge with a reputation for maximum punishment. Michael Vick engaged in (another) illegal activity while being watched by a strict judge.

Frankly, it's as dumb as... pissing away $130 mil on the thrill of a $10,000 dogfight.

And it's not most athletes that are stupid. Just like it isn't most [insert job here] that are stupid. You only hear about the ones who are dumb enough to get caught. Worse still, you don't hear too much about the guys like Troy Vincent, who graduated from a top university (Wisconsin) and is being groomed to replace Gene Upshaw as head of the NFLPA. Or Brad Ausmus and his Ivy League diploma from Dartmouth. Negative press sells papers, instead of the boring stories of the good that intelligent, educated men can do in their communities.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived