Just how stupid are todays athletes ?

buildingmaint

Mike Vick failed a drug test today while out on federal bail . What was he thinking ? Does this action sound like a man who is trying to turn his life around as he says he is ? Is this the action of a man who said he " Just found god" ? Or is this the action of some one who still thinks he did nothing wrong, that his only crime is that he got caught? Does any one believe that Mike Vick would have come to his senses on his own and realized that dog fighting was wrong? That once he realized he was wrong ,went public and admitted his digressions? No Mike VICK still thinks he is above the law and that he can get away with any thing. And on another note , who tears their ACL while arguing ? I think Milton Bradley needs some anger management classes. Is Jack Nicholson availer?

Highest paid player of all time in NFL history...and taking out loans for apparently no reason...what the hell?! Vick needs some help...like seriously.

Half-offhand question, only because you are where you are...and because I'm curious:

Did you at all get a chance to make it to that town hall meeting Bob Ley hosted yesterday night (Tuesday the 25th is the night in question) on ESPN? Or do you know anyone who was there?

I watched it on TV last night...and man did it get heated up in there. (But that also ain't surprising, given the circumstances.)

I do agree with you, though, Flame...this dude seriously has some internal issues he needs to get worked out. Like BIG TIME. And, for his sake, I sincerely hope he was--well, sincere--in his professions to have found the Most High and letting that alignment guide and order his steps going forward...cuz looking backward, it was those many MISSTEPS that done got him into the predicament he's in now.

His best hope? Cut the football end of it out his mind. Long-term. Focus on fixing self. And I really hope he can do that.

But...even i am nowhere near naive enough to think EVERYONE can get it right ALL the time...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yup. It was crazy, just because of the fact that for the most part, the black community (and most of the season ticket holders) still loves Vick like he's a hero. People are STILL going to bat for Vick, even after what he did today. It's really crazy. But the town hall meeting was wild, just because of the fact that most of the people there were basically there to cheer Vick and boo anybody who had anything to say that was just the slightest critical of Vick. I know Terrence Moore is an ass, hell, the entire city hates the man, but when it comes to the Vick situation, he hits the nail on the head. The main reason why Vick got himself into trouble is because he LET himself get into trouble. The disturbing thing is that you'd think with as much money as he gained, he'd leave the ghetto mentality behind, but instead he goes back, and this is what happens.

But enough of my rambling, fact is that it's amazing to see that the town is still split down the line on their support/non-support of Vick, and it was all on the line at the Town Hall thing last night. As you may have seen on TV, Bob Ley had a HARD time trying to keep the place civil, but it was just so hard since everybody in the building felt so strongly about their opinion. All in all, the "town hall" was really heated...you could feel it from the moment people walked in with Vick jerseys, and when Terrence Moore started getting booed from the get-go.

To answer the question in the header...

Today's athletes are no worse than they've always been. Paul Hornung and Max McGee are cult heroes in Packerland for things the media would crucify them for nowadays (Hornung used to pick up women in the stands during games and McGee played the first Super Bowl hung over). And do I really have to bring up Babe Ruth?

Smoking weed is probably better health-wise than drinking. If Vick had been pounding beers instead of doing bong hits we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'm not defending Michael Vick in any fashion. I am simply pointing out that if Vick were a drunk that would be OK because it's "legal" but since it's pot he's just made matters worse for himself. The law is every bit as stupid as Michael Vick may have been in this particular circumstance.

Just a thought...

BB52Big.jpg

It's not like this is a recent development. Remember before the Super Bowl a few years back, some guy on the Falcons tried to pick up a hooker who turned out to be a female cop. The even dumber move: she was in her police uniform!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

It's not like this is a recent development. Remember before the Super Bowl a few years back, some guy on the Falcons tried to pick up a hooker who turned out to be a female cop. The even dumber move: she was in her police uniform!

Oh come on, who's never asked a female cop "how much, baby? Do I need to pay extra for the fancy dress?"

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

That was Eugene Robinson and it was also the day after (or later the day of) that he received an award for his high moral character. Needless to say the night spent in jail didn't help him as the next day Elway and the Broncos torched him in the Super Bowl.

Let's face it, America as a society is becoming dumber. "Idiocracy" is, at least to an extent, a reflection of reality in 21st century America - the smart ones are smart enough not to have 10 kids, while the stupid ones breed like rabbits.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for large families if you have the means to properly support them. But my experience has been that virtually every family (I can think of one that breaks this pattern, and only one) I've ever been in contact with which has more than 5 members (i.e., parents and three kids) is either (i) dumb as dirt, (ii) financially strapped to a point where the kids live in squalor, or (iii) both.

The bumper sticker tells it all: Stupid People Shouldn't Breed.

nav-logo.png

And beyond that what is really wrong with smoking weed in our society? Sure it makes you lazy and hungry but its better than drinking a case of brews a day. Cigarettes are the only thing in the world if used correctly will kill you. People in our country need to end the cognitive dissonace about cannabis and really wake up.

The only reason marijuana isn't legal is because corporations and the government would lose money. The pharmaceutical companies wouldn't sell as many drugs because marijuana would be a cheaper and much safer alternative (seriously, listen to the side effects of the drugs they advertise on tv) and the government wouldn't be able to put as many people into its for-profit prisons.

The only reason marijuana isn't legal is because corporations and the government would lose money. The pharmaceutical companies wouldn't sell as many drugs because marijuana would be a cheaper and much safer alternative (seriously, listen to the side effects of the drugs they advertise on tv) and the government wouldn't be able to put as many people into its for-profit prisons.

I am not on top of this, but I wonder whether companies such some notable ones in your fair city get in the way as well.

(and to keep on topic). I agree that weed is not that big of a thing and no worse than booze. But Vick's gotta use his head. The law is goofy, but he's aware of it and he has to understand the scrutiny.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm not so sure that the topic needs to be "Weed vs. Anti-Weed". It's the fact of while ALL of this was going on... he STILL did something Illegal by Law with the high risk of getting caught. Did he know he would eventually be tested? Even if the test was from the 13th of Sept, then he must've smoked no later than or around August 13th. (30 days in system) Or heck, September 12th forthat matter. If you can't stay away from weed with all of this going on... it must be a problem FOR HIM. Maybe not everyone. I just don't get why people like Vick can't just sit back and straighten up a bit when you are already in this mess of trouble.

Heck, "Why couldn't Marcus be like Micheal?", Damn... I guess the question really is: "Why couldn't Michael be like Marcus?"

im thinking he was just trying to chill and get away from the fact hes going to PRISON for dogfighting charges. But thats my opinion. The question is who wouldnt wanna smoke before they are about to go to prison for a long time for something so bad.

As a health/PE teacher, I find it very funny how "safe" marijuana use is to some people especially when compared to alcohol or tobacco or even used in medicinal forms. Really, it's not that safe, but I'm not here to debate the good vs. evils of dope.

What Mad Mac said about idiocracy is dead on. The movie wasn't that good, but the theme of it was on the money. You need a license to operate a vehicle or you need to be a certain age to purchase tobacco or alcohol or even enlist in the army, but any jerk off can go out and create life at any given moment.

Back on topic...there are rules to follow in work and in life. If you knowingly break those rules, you are to be punished. I find it hard to find compassion with an actor or athlete who is given many free rides and breaks in life and also fame and wealth to go along with it. I can fight dogs. I can smoke weed. I can drink and drive, but when I'm caught, there are punishments. Who does Vick think he is? He is a MAN in his 20's so no matter how "dumb" he is, he should still know right and wrong. There are 6 year olds that do.

Bottom line is...everybody f's up. It's what you do after your f up that people will really judge you on and f up after f up, you are just deemed to be an f up.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived