Alabama-Florida State game

nogamesnolan

Alabama -Florida State... THE BIGGEST RIVALRY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!11evel!!11!!.... :oops: sorry ^_^

The biggest rivalry of teams that used to be relevant.

Should I say it...? I mean, I am a Tennessean...

Ah, screw it. I'm a Vandy fan anyway.

Ok, here goes:

Says the guy with the "Power 'T'" for an avatar! :P

Alabama -Florida State... THE BIGGEST RIVALRY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL sorry ^_^

Ok, here goes:

Wait, from a Vandy fan? And when was Vandy relevant? When did they have a winning season last?

As for us being relevant, well, we've been relevant more recently that Alabama, or FSU for that matter. :P

Alabama -Florida State... THE BIGGEST RIVALRY IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL sorry (smile)

Ok, here goes:

Says the guy with the "Power 'T'" for an avatar! (smile)

Wait, from a Vandy fan? And when was Vandy relevant? When did they have a winning season last?

As for us being relevant, well, we've been relevant more recently that Alabama, or FSU for that matter. :P

Eh, lemme rephrase. I'm a Vandy fan when they play the Vols. I'm actually more of a Boise St. fan regularly. (Fan, bandwagoner, same difference, right? :P )

Oh, and 'Bama hasn't been relevant since The Bear left/died. And last time FSU was truely relevant: very soon after the Vols beat 'em for the 'ship. (Ok, I rooted on the Vols that one time.)

Ok, here goes:

#1. Big words coming from a Tennessee fan. Good luck fighting off Vandy for Last place.

#2 Last time Tennessee was relevant was in 98.

Ok, here goes:

#1. Big words coming from a Tennessee fan. Good luck fighting off Vandy for Last place.

I'd say we were relevant when we finished #4 in 2001.

I'd say Alabama was relevant back in the early 90s when they won like 20 some games in a row. I also tend to remember Alabama being #3 in 2005, that's pretty relevant isn't it? ;)

All in fun, just waiting for the UT-Bama game later on this season. It should really tell "Who's Relevant".

I read somewhere that FSU might wear the all blacks. Any truth to that?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I'd say Alabama was relevant back in the early 90s when they won like 20 some games in a row. I also tend to remember Alabama being #3 in 2005, that's pretty relevant isn't it? ;)

All in fun, just waiting for the UT-Bama game later on this season. It should really tell "Who's Relevant".

I read somewhere that FSU might wear the all blacks. Any truth to that?

Nope, They won't break out the black unis untill Duke.

Ok, here goes:

I'd say we were relevant when we finished #4 in 2001.

Yeah, weren't they Citrus Bowl Champs? Yeah, that matters.

Lets see, since the 98 Fiesta Bowl, how many BCS games has FSU played in? The answer is 5. How many has Tennessee played in? The answer is 1 back in 99. FSU has not had a losing season in that period, Tennessee has. SO yeah, look in the mirror before you talk.

Oh, and 'Bama hasn't been relevant since The Bear left/died. And last time FSU was truely relevant: very soon after the Vols beat 'em for the 'ship. (Ok, I rooted on the Vols that one time.)

I would say Bama was relevant in '92 when it won the national championship. Still a long time from now, but it was also 10 years after Bryant's last season.

Lets see, since the 98 Fiesta Bowl, how many BCS games has FSU played in? The answer is 5. How many has Tennessee played in? The answer is 1 back in 99. FSU has not had a losing season in that period, Tennessee has. SO yeah, look in the mirror before you talk.

Florida State also plays in a mid-major football conference.

Even still, FSU managed to lose at home to Wake Forest by 30 points. The "athletic school" got crushed by the "academics school" on their own field.

I would say Bama was relevant in '92 when it won the national championship. Still a long time from now, but it was also 10 years after Bryant's last season.

Oh, details, schmetails. :P

Even still, FSU managed to lose at home to Wake Forest by 30 points. The "athletic school" got crushed by the "academics school" on their own field.

Hmm, sort of like Georgia losing to Vanderbilt in Athens last year. It wasn't 30-0 but it had to sting.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

First off, someone already brought up Vandy. Atleast Wake played in the Orange Bowl. Second, FSU, UT, and UGA has one common opponent in Florida. FSU had had success lately, more so than UT. Do I need to point out UGA's record against that team in reacent years?

Archived