Name the Team

Mac the Knife

Raleigh Ham Fighters! ^_^

I can even sell you a logo :D

Strangely enough I could see a desing for this: a guy swinging a hamhock like a bat... but no. Our board's too straitlaced to go with something like that. Though in an e-mail I sent them with some of these ideas, 'Oak City Squirrels' actually got a few positive responses, so ya never know.

nav-logo.png

I do like the Oak City Squirrels suggestion.

Of course, I'm going to keep pushing you to use Capital Punsihment.

Come play for us, WiB, and I'll push the board on your behalf... Oak City Squirrels is original though; there are several here (including that one) that I've passed along to the board.

nav-logo.png

I know he was sacked, and it is the wrong sport...but...

Raleigh Red Shoes?

:P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Come play for us, WiB, and I'll push the board on your behalf... Oak City Squirrels is original though; there are several here (including that one) that I've passed along to the board.

When & where will they play?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

When & where would you like? I'm not totally without pull when it comes to those kinds of things... ^_^

nav-logo.png

When & where would you like? I'm not totally without pull when it comes to those kinds of things... ^_^

Five County Stadium, Saturday mornings. :P

I'm partial to Capital City Corruption. A timeless name for a team in a political town.

The other day I was talking to a guy from Arizona, and he asked what our state government was like. My response, "Let me put it this way... on Election Day, the little 'i' next to someone's name on the ballot stands for 'incarcerated'."

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Five County Stadium, Saturday mornings. :P

I'm partial to Capital City Corruption. A timeless name for a team in a political town.

The other day I was talking to a guy from Arizona, and he asked what our state government was like. My response, "Let me put it this way... on Election Day, the little 'i' next to someone's name on the ballot stands for 'incarcerated'."

Only if you're the Speaker of the House or the Director of Agriculture, a state rep or senator... otherwise, you're fine. :rolleyes:

Five County's a bit of a stretch. Too far to drive out to just for softball.

nav-logo.png

I was going to suggest Carolina Catamounts but a little research indicates Carolinans are on to that one...

2005437-c.jpg

So...

Raleigh Ramjets (that's a type of jet engine)

Carolina Capes (as in Hatteras, Lookout, etc. - interesting logo possibilities with lighthouses and/or surf)

Raleigh River Runners (assuming you have a river there somewhere)

That's all I've got for now.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

being its the oak city i would have to say Raleigh Oaks or maybe acorns. but there is a minor league team with that mascot. the Raliegh Robins wouldnt be a good name because the state's bird is a Cardinal,

so far i like

Capital City Acorns

Carolina Colonials

id say Raleigh Racers, but i think its a local swim team.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Archived