2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell ya one thing, Swedes these days can hide their accent a lot better than those from 20-30 years ago - Salming is a perfect example of when you can't hide an accent. Sundin is ok, but sometimes it will slip out during an interview. I think Forsberg and Lidstrom have the best hidden accents in the league. I swear, both men sound like they were born and raised in the Albertan oil sands.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

There is always next year ...

You guys had a great run though, I don't think anyone expected them to get that far. I mean they played the 3 of the best teams in the West, they beat the defending champs, and the consensus pick to win it all. They did well you should be proud.

Not that I'm saying your not proud. :P

Hi, how are you?

There is always next year ...

You guys had a great run though, I don't think anyone expected them to get that far. I mean they played the 3 of the best teams in the West, they beat the defending champs, and the consensus pick to win it all. They did well you should be proud.

Not that I'm saying your not proud. :P

Yah I'm very proud of my Stars, they showed so much heart all throughout the playoffs.

Playoff runs are the best.

And next year with Brunnstrom, if he turns out to be good, there is no reason why we can't go further :D

GO STARS!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Was just looking at your sig - it's pretty weak that they have the "regular season" conference championship banners, considering there is no regular season champion.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can tell ya one thing, Swedes these days can hide their accent a lot better than those from 20-30 years ago - Salming is a perfect example of when you can't hide an accent. Sundin is ok, but sometimes it will slip out during an interview. I think Forsberg and Lidstrom have the best hidden accents in the league. I swear, both men sound like they were born and raised in the Albertan oil sands.

in sweden they teach english from grade school, so they are more fluent and have better north american accents than most european players.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Was just looking at your sig - it's pretty weak that they have the "regular season" conference championship banners, considering there is no regular season champion.

Haha wow...

What - is there? I've never seen anything awarded for it (other than the #1 seed in the playoffs.) President's trophy? OK - make a banner for it, it's hardware, but unless I'm missing something, I don't get it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

in sweden they teach english from grade school, so they are more fluent and have better north american accents than most european players.

I was thinking that because it would explain why most Swedish players can hide an accent while most other European players can't. Well, some Finnish players do it just as well as the Swedes so I'd be interested to know if they also teach English from an early age.

The Presidents' Trophy is awarded to the team with the most points during the regular season. It is a fairly new as it came around in 1985, so in a way, the Stars banner is correct although it should read "Presidents' Trophy Winner" if they did have the most points that year.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Haha wow...

What - is there? I've never seen anything awarded for it (other than the #1 seed in the playoffs.) President's trophy? OK - make a banner for it, it's hardware, but unless I'm missing something, I don't get it.

I was agreeing you. As in Wow, I can't believe they had that. But after looking at the posts after I'm not as surprised.

Hi, how are you?

Can someone tell me what course of action Lidstrom took towards the Clarence Campbell Bowl? I know Crosby decided not to touch the Prince of Wales trophy.

He didn't touch it either.

That entire superstition is totally over-hyped. Teams who've touched it have won and lost.

Hi, how are you?

I am so AMPED as both a hockey fan and a diehard Penguins fan. This series is going to be incredible.

Crosby, Lidstrom, Malkin, Zetterberg, Hossa, Datsyuk, Sykora, Franzen... are you kidding me?

Fleury and Osgood are going out to face the firing squad.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

I am so AMPED as both a hockey fan and a diehard Penguins fan. This series is going to be incredible.

Crosby, Lidstrom, Malkin, Zetterberg, Hossa, Datsyuk, Sykora, Franzen... are you kidding me?

Fleury and Osgood are going out to face the firing squad.

I sure hope so, because before these semi's started I was expecting 7 game series in the west and east.

On another note, am I the only one seeing a lot of similarities between the penguins and last year's senators, In terms of the way they're playing?

Though I think the Pens are a scary offensive team, which I didn't think Ottawa was. They also have a much better chance than Ottawa :P

Hi, how are you?

It is an excuse to put a banner up, I don't take to much pride in them.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Can someone tell me what course of action Lidstrom took towards the Clarence Campbell Bowl? I know Crosby decided not to touch the Prince of Wales trophy.

He didn't touch it either.

That entire superstition is totally over-hyped. Teams who've touched it have won and lost.

Yeah in 1991 Mario Lemieux, Mark Recchi and a few other Pens skated around with it, in 1992 I think Mario just skated off the ice with it since it was Boston.

I ended up getting a ticket to game 1 in Detroit off of Ticketmaster, $230 for row 7 of the upper bowl at center ice. I'm not sure what jersey I'm going to wear either the light blue throwback from the Winter Classic, a 1977-79 white throwback, 1991 white Lemiuex jersey with all star game patch(which i sewed on myself, 1993 singed black Rick Tocchet, or a 2005 black pratice jersey(not in the best shape since I wear it for street hockey).

Pens in six...if only because I have tickets to that game, but also because this series will be tougher than the 4 or 5-game cakewalks previous rounds were...

...I have NO idea what im in for if that happens, other than im either likely to fail every final the next day due to tiredness of a long night at the igloo, and sleepwalk through the last-day farewells, or not being able to sleep all night and still being hyper the next day, but still failing them because of being in an excessively celebratory mood.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Pens in six...if only because I have tickets to that game, but also because this series will be tougher than the 4 or 5-game cakewalks previous rounds were...

...I have NO idea what im in for if that happens, other than im either likely to fail every final the next day due to tiredness of a long night at the igloo, and sleepwalk through the last-day farewells, or not being able to sleep all night and still being hyper the next day, but still failing them because of being in an excessively celebratory mood.

... and if you lose in 6?

Hi, how are you?

Archived