2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Ah the classic Leafs fan, bringing in something irrelevant. "Hardee har har, The Senators were swept by a very good team, HAH." I really don't see what the point was in bringing that up. Your making yourself seem desperate, if you ask me.

Both you and I know a lot can change in a season. Besides your taking my quote and using it out of context, I said that in respnse to Chris' comment saying you don't hear Leafs fans predicting they're going to do well in the playoffs.

16 teams had a chance to win the stanley cup, the leafs weren't one of them. Simple as that.

:rolleyes:

There is no second place. You are either the 1 winner or you are one of the 29 losers. Doesn't matter how far you go, if you don't hoist the Cup you aren't a winner. Sure some teams have a better chance than others to get to the Cup but if you don't ultimately make it the finish, you're a loser. The only advantage of going farther into the Playoffs and fail to win the Cup is that you get a lower Draft choice.

Bringing in Ottawa isn't that irrelevant because they had the same chance as Dallas to get to the Stanley Cup and failed. Now Dallas is in the same position Ottawa was in, just built up their fans even more and making them think they had a real good chance to win it all.

I voiced the same thing last year and I am saying the same thing once again. If you don't win the Cup, you are a failure just like the teams who failed to make the Post Season. They had their chances to play for the Cup and failed, and those who did get a chance also failed. Ottawa and soon Dallas will be in this position. They won't be much better than the Leafs apart from crushing their fans hopes a lot more. Well, at least we get a higher Draft pic. ^_^

BTW, it looks like someone shart on the Sens logo, not as much like ink splatters (which is weird to begin with).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the stars had a chance. ^_^

How did the Sens do again? 0-4 against a team they easily swept aside last season? :P

No Riberio isn't their leader, but he was one of their top scorers. Thats what I am getting at.

Ah the classic Leafs fan, bringing in something irrelevant. "Hardee har har, The Senators were swept by a very good team, HAH." I really don't see what the point was in bringing that up. Your making yourself seem desperate, if you ask me.

Defending Neon (as hard as that is to do most of the time)... when he mentioned the stars were 0-3, it was brought up that his team was unsuccessful... so when neon did the same to someone else (you) it's considered being "irrelevant" and "desperate"?

Well considering we were talking about how the Stars had a chance at the beginning but the leafs didn't because they didn't make it in to the playoffs. I don't remember ever talking about going down 3-0, or being swept. So yes, it is rather irrelevant to quote my post and reply to me about it, and when you have to go bring in the Sens sweep, yah it seemed kind of desperate, considering it had nothing to do with my point.

But why was that topic about the Leafs vs the Stars started? we were talking about the Stars -- someone mentioned the Leafs to take a shot at Neon, which you joined in on -- then Neon mentioned the Sens to take a shot at you... it's tit-for-tat. The Leafs bashing was as irrelevant as the Sens bashing (and, to an extent, the Stars bashing)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

16 teams had a chance to win the stanley cup, the leafs weren't one of them. Simple as that.

I assume we are using a liberal definition of "chance".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well the stars had a chance. ^_^

How did the Sens do again? 0-4 against a team they easily swept aside last season? :P

No Riberio isn't their leader, but he was one of their top scorers. Thats what I am getting at.

Defending Neon (as hard as that is to do most of the time)... when he mentioned the stars were 0-3, it was brought up that his team was unsuccessful... so when neon did the same to someone else (you) it's considered being "irrelevant" and "desperate"?

Well considering we were talking about how the Stars had a chance at the beginning but the leafs didn't because they didn't make it in to the playoffs. I don't remember ever talking about going down 3-0, or being swept. So yes, it is rather irrelevant to quote my post and reply to me about it, and when you have to go bring in the Sens sweep, yah it seemed kind of desperate, considering it had nothing to do with my point.

But why was that topic about the Leafs vs the Stars started? we were talking about the Stars -- someone mentioned the Leafs to take a shot at Neon, which you joined in on -- then Neon mentioned the Sens to take a shot at you... it's tit-for-tat. The Leafs bashing was as irrelevant as the Sens bashing (and, to an extent, the Stars bashing)

Well Neon wanted to get under Korbyn's skin (So that's why it was started, he took the first shot.), then you said it was because he had predicted his Stars to do well, and you said no sane leafs fan would do what he did. So I replied to your statement, by saying that of course no leafs fan would predict there leafs to do well because they weren't part of the 16 playoff teams. Sure some teams have better chances if they are facing a lower seed team, but ANYTHING can happen.

Hi, how are you?

Both you and I know a lot can change in a season. Besides your taking my quote and using it out of context, I said that in respnse to Chris' comment saying you don't hear Leafs fans predicting they're going to do well in the playoffs.

There is no second place. You are either the 1 winner or you are one of the 29 losers. Doesn't matter how far you go, if you don't hoist the Cup you aren't a winner. Sure some teams have a better chance than others to get to the Cup but if you don't ultimately make it the finish, you're a loser. The only advantage of going farther into the Playoffs and fail to win the Cup is that you get a lower Draft choice.

Bringing in Ottawa isn't that irrelevant because they had the same chance as Dallas to get to the Stanley Cup and failed. Now Dallas is in the same position Ottawa was in, just built up their fans even more and making them think they had a real good chance to win it all.

I voiced the same thing last year and I am saying the same thing once again. If you don't win the Cup, you are a failure just like the teams who failed to make the Post Season. They had their chances to play for the Cup and failed, and those who did get a chance also failed. Ottawa and soon Dallas will be in this position. They won't be much better than the Leafs apart from crushing their fans hopes a lot more. Well, at least we get a higher Draft pic. ^_^

BTW, it looks like someone shart on the Sens logo, not as much like ink splatters (which is weird to begin with).

Yes in the grand scheme of things there is only one winner, but to say that all the teams who didn't win are at an equal level is just ridiculous, your saying these things to feel better about other teams doing well in the post-season while your team hasn't had as great success. The Dallas Stars and most of the other playoff teams are so much better than many teams who didn't make the playoffs, to say otherwise is just dumb.

As for the sig, it was meant to look like blood. If your :censored:ting in splatters you might want to get yourself checked out. :P

Hi, how are you?

I'm staying out of this.

What I will say is that I'm proud of what the Stars accomplished this season (assuming they bow out tomorrow). Beating the defending champion and then San Jose was no small feat. Dallas simply ran out of gas against the Wings, though they look unstoppable in their own right. The young guys look impressive and Turco, despite his critics, has been phenomenal up until this current series. In short the future is bright. I take no shame in being a Dallas Stars fan.

newsig.jpg

I'm staying out of this.

What I will say is that I'm proud of what the Stars accomplished this season (assuming they bow out tomorrow). Beating the defending champion and then San Jose was no small feat. Dallas simply ran out of gas against the Wings, though they look unstoppable in their own right. The young guys look impressive and Turco, despite his critics, has been phenomenal up until this current series. In short the future is bright. I take no shame in being a Dallas Stars fan.

But you should have shame in being a Dallas Cowboys fan though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes in the grand scheme of things there is only one winner, but to say that all the teams who didn't win are at an equal level is just ridiculous, your saying these things to feel better about other teams doing well in the post-season while your team hasn't had as great success. The Dallas Stars and most of the other playoff teams are so much better than many teams who didn't make the playoffs, to say otherwise is just dumb.

As for the sig, it was meant to look like blood. If your :censored:ting in splatters you might want to get yourself checked out. :P

Then give Alfie a call and tell him to get it checked out. ;)

Hockey, like baseball and football and every other sport of the sort gives no prizes for those who come in second, or third, or fourth, or fifth, and so on. You either win or you don't. Yes the further you make it into the playoffs the better chance you have to win the Cup but you still are a loser when you don't achieve the desired result. It may show promise that you can make it further next year but these days it looks like it doesn't matter how consistent you are at making the playoffs, it doesn't always mean you'll go far (Nashville, San Jose, New York, etc etc). If you fail to make the playoffs and you fail to win the Cup, you're a loser. Simple as that. You may have been good enough to make the playoffs but you weren't good enough to go all the way.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Then give Alfie a call and tell him to get it checked out.

Hockey, like baseball and football and every other sport of the sort gives no prizes for those who come in second, or third, or fourth, or fifth, and so on. You either win or you don't. Yes the further you make it into the playoffs the better chance you have to win the Cup but you still are a loser when you don't achieve the desired result. It may show promise that you can make it further next year but these days it looks like it doesn't matter how consistent you are at making the playoffs, it doesn't always mean you'll go far (Nashville, San Jose, New York, etc etc). If you fail to make the playoffs and you fail to win the Cup, you're a loser. Simple as that. You may have been good enough to make the playoffs but you weren't good enough to go all the way.

I guess you would know seeing as you seem to study everything about the Ottawa Senators.

My God!

This is the last time I'm saying it because your just ignoring it.

I agree that there is only one winner in the end, but to put teams who make it to the conference finals and but lose into the same level as teams at the bottom of the standings is bull :censored:. The sole reason your saying that is too justify (In your mind) that your team isn't as bad as everyone says. Your not even concentrating on what I'm telling you, you just keep saying this bull :censored: argument that had NOTHING to do with the initial one.

Hi, how are you?

I guess you would know seeing as you seem to study everything about the Ottawa Senators.

My God!

I agree that there is only one winner in the end, but to put teams who make it to the conference finals and but lose into the same level as teams at the bottom of the standings is bull :censored:. The sole reason your saying that is too justify (In your mind) that your team isn't as bad as everyone says. Your not even concentrating on what I'm telling you, you just keep saying this bull :censored: argument that had NOTHING to do with the initial one.

My team is garbage and I am not afraid to admit it. They are terrible on the ice and screwed up with their management. What you are afraid to accept is that the Senators are in the same category as the Los Angeles Kings and Florida Panthers - failures to win the Stanley Cup. Fundamentally they are losers, as are the Leafs, Rangers, Ducks, Panthers, etc. 3 more teams will soon join this group of failures. It seems that you are unwilling to accept that the Sens can be mentioned in the same category as teams which failed to make the playoffs even though they all share a common thread - not winning the Cup. I believe you are too afraid to accept that the Sens aren't in a league of their own and that they can be mentioned with 28 other loser teams. So what if they made the playoffs, they didn't win the Cup, and that is all that matters in hockey, not if you make the playoffs or not, if you don't win, you're a loser.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My God!

My team is garbage and I am not afraid to admit it. They are terrible on the ice and screwed up with their management. What you are afraid to accept is that the Senators are in the same category as the Los Angeles Kings and Florida Panthers - failures to win the Stanley Cup. Fundamentally they are losers, as are the Leafs, Rangers, Ducks, Panthers, etc. 3 more teams will soon join this group of failures. It seems that you are unwilling to accept that the Sens can be mentioned in the same category as teams which failed to make the playoffs even though they all share a common thread - not winning the Cup. I believe you are too afraid to accept that the Sens aren't in a league of their own and that they can be mentioned with 28 other loser teams. So what if they made the playoffs, they didn't win the Cup, and that is all that matters in hockey, not if you make the playoffs or not, if you don't win, you're a loser.

What are you talking about? I have criticized my team countless times, I obviously realize they aren't as good as before, I thought this season towards the end was more of a slump, I was wrong.

I AGREE that it only matters if you win a cup, BUT AGAIN to say that if a team goes to the finals and loses they are in the same level as the bottom feeders is :censored:ing stupid of you. Yes the Senators are losers for not being able to win a cup in their 15 years, but to say they are just as much of a loser as a team who hasn't been able to win the cup in 40 years, just doesn't make sense.

And stop making it seem like I'm a :censored:ing 12 year-old when it comes to supporting my team, I fully recognize the ability of my team, and I understand that they're not in a league of their own, and I feel I recognize that a lot more than most people do.

I'm unwilling to accept that the Sens can be mentioned in the same category as teams like the Leafs. Because I don't believe that that's true. When in 15 years you do something a team hasn't in 40, I feel that the team who did it in 15 is better.

Hi, how are you?

What are you talking about? I have criticized my team countless times, I obviously realize they aren't as good as before, I thought this season towards the end was more of a slump, I was wrong.

I AGREE that it only matters if you win a cup, BUT AGAIN to say that if a team goes to the finals and loses they are in the same level as the bottom feeders is :censored:ing stupid of you. Yes the Senators are losers for not being able to win a cup in their 15 years, but to say they are just as much of a loser as a team who hasn't been able to win the cup in 40 years, just doesn't make sense.

And stop making it seem like I'm a :censored:ing 12 year-old when it comes to supporting my team, I fully recognize the ability of my team, and I understand that they're not in a league of their own, and I feel I recognize that a lot more than most people do.

I'm unwilling to accept that the Sens can be mentioned in the same category as teams like the Leafs. Because I don't believe that that's true. When in 15 years you do something a team hasn't in 40, I feel that the team who did it in 15 is better.

Take the time to read what I am saying. I am not comparing them just to the Leafs, but every team which is not the one who won the Cup.

You are a loser when you don't win anything besides being known as the team who lost the Cup Finals. I don't think that is such an honour. You go in to win it all or you win nothing, just like the other 28 teams in the league who are in the same boat as you. You don't seem to be getting the underlaying point that the opposite of winning is losing, and when you don't win you're a loser. It doesn't matter if you lost before the playoffs or during, you still "lost". Thats what I am getting at and you are unwilling to accept.

Look at it this way.

Los Angeles Kings - did not win the cup.

Florida Panthers - did not win the cup.

New Jersey Devils - did not win the cup.

Vancouver Canucks - did not win the cup.

Ottawa Senators - did not win the cup.

See a pattern there?

Getting close isn't good enough. You either win it or you don't. There is no second place like I have said many times. Ultimately every team has the same chance to compete and win for the Cup, the Playoffs just shows which of the teams should be given a better chance to win it and in the end only one team wins. Just because you're not willing to accept the Sens or Panthers or Coyotes can be mentioned in the same sentence does not make my statement incorrect. They all didn't win, they all are losers in the same competition where they were all given an equal shot to compete but failed.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Well, I can't stay out of this forever...

Listen Matrix, teams that have won the Cup zero times (the present incarnation of the Senators included) are all "loser" organizations. That being said, there is a whole system used to rank teams in an NHL season. Are you just going to ignore that because it makes your precious Leafs look bad? I'm sorry, but a team that goes to the first round or second round or whatever is better than a team that finishes in the basement. A 3 year old could understand that. Even in the case where 2 teams have never won the cup are to be judged one agianst the other, you can look to their performance on a year to year basis and figure out that one team has had a better performance than some other team.

In a fan's mind, there is more to the history of a team than just winning the Cup. Fans remember the good seasons & the bad seasons not based on the ability to win it all, but on the quality of the hockey that was played. You can't clump all the seasons where you're team didn't win the Stanley Cup as bad seasons, because in a 30 team league, you are not going to win it all every year. So what we do is enjoy the seasons where we think the team played well and label those as good seasons. Likewise, we complain about the seasons where we think the team under-acheived and label those as bad seasons. If you can't understand that, you are not a hockey fan.

thecatch.jpg

Take the time to read what I am saying. I am not comparing them just to the Leafs, but every team which is not the one who won the Cup.

You are a loser when you don't win anything besides being known as the team who lost the Cup Finals. I don't think that is such an honour. You go in to win it all or you win nothing, just like the other 28 teams in the league who are in the same boat as you. You don't seem to be getting the underlaying point that the opposite of winning is losing, and when you don't win you're a loser. It doesn't matter if you lost before the playoffs or during, you still "lost". Thats what I am getting at and you are unwilling to accept.

Look at it this way.

Los Angeles Kings - did not win the cup.

Florida Panthers - did not win the cup.

New Jersey Devils - did not win the cup.

Vancouver Canucks - did not win the cup.

Ottawa Senators - did not win the cup.

See a pattern there?

Getting close isn't good enough. You either win it or you don't. There is no second place like I have said many times. Ultimately every team has the same chance to compete and win for the Cup, the Playoffs just shows which of the teams should be given a better chance to win it and in the end only one team wins. Just because you're not willing to accept the Sens or Panthers or Coyotes can be mentioned in the same sentence does not make my statement incorrect. They all didn't win, they all are losers in the same competition where they were all given an equal shot to compete but failed.

Oh my, I give up. Your asking me to take the time to read your post, when your not really doing the same for mine.

OK READ CAREFULLY.

TO SAY A TEAM LIKE THE SENATORS/SHARKS/ ANY TEAM WHO HAS HAD A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF SUCESS IN THE PLAYOFFS BUT HAS NOT WON EVERYTHING, ARE BASICALLY IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS A THE LEAFS/COYOTES/BLUE JACKETS IS ABSURD. BY THAT LOGIC LAST YEAR THERE WAS ONE GOOD TEAM, AND THAT WAS THE DUCKS, BECAUSE IF THE REDWINGS, SENATORS, SHARKS, SABRES ARE IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS LEAFS/ BLUEJACKETS/ COYOTES/ TEAMS THAT DID NOT DO WELL LAST YEAR, THEN ALL 29 TEAMS SUCKED.

Seriously? I can't believe someone who usually knows what he's talking about is saying this kind of thing.

I give up.

Hi, how are you?

My team is garbage and I am not afraid to admit it. They are terrible on the ice and screwed up with their management

Finally a statement from you that is 100% correct.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

And in other, slightly more relevant news. Pittsburgh beats the Flyers to go up 3-0.

So...we're likely having a Pittsburgh-Detroit final. Thoughts?

Today, we are all otaku.

My family has had Pens season tickets for 15 years. I moved to Indianapolis a year ago. How is this the season that I haven't been to a game all year?! However, I am getting married on the 31st, possibly the best night ever, I get married and the Pens might be playing for the cup. Now that is a great night!

Archived