2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Haha I thought I cancelled that post.

Blind faith, The Pens will win, but hopefully the Red Wings will hand their asses to them.

Wow, we both agree on the success of a team!! :P

And Korbyn, 4 games in Detroit, 3 in Dallas... with your idea Detroit will still win. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brooks Orpik = solid as a rock. Not many talk about him, but he's been very impressive.

There's no talk about Orpik, because he's a hardworking defenseman who does the dirty work. He doesn't score, so no coverage will be given to him, sadly. That's the problem with the NHL. They glorify the scorers and give no coverage to the blue collar crew.

Do you really think the NHL would survive if they didn't give the attention to the Gretzkys and Lemieuxs. The day the league is only guys like Brooks Orpik is the day I stop watching.

<_<

Quick fix for the stars...Holmqvist for Game 5. There you go.

Hi, how are you?

Brooks Orpik = solid as a rock. Not many talk about him, but he's been very impressive.

There's no talk about Orpik, because he's a hardworking defenseman who does the dirty work. He doesn't score, so no coverage will be given to him, sadly. That's the problem with the NHL. They glorify the scorers and give no coverage to the blue collar crew.

Do you really think the NHL would survive if they didn't give the attention to the Gretzkys and Lemieuxs. The day the league is only guys like Brooks Orpik is the day I stop watching.

<_<

I'm not saying draw all the spotlight away from the scorers, but show the guys who make the real big plays. All we normally see is the guy who scores, but we don't see the guy who blocked the shot and broke up the play in the defensive zone and sent him the pass.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

<_<

I'm not saying draw all the spotlight away from the scorers, but show the guys who make the real big plays. All we normally see is the guy who scores, but we don't see the guy who blocked the shot and broke up the play in the defensive zone and sent him the pass.

Well when you said the problem was that they glorify the scorers. I mean do I need to repeat myself?

I totally agree that those type of guys play one of the most important roles on a hockey team, but in no way is the fact that the Scorers get more attention the problem with the NHL.

Also I find that those types of guys get plenty recognition, maybe not from the NHL, but from TSN and Mr. Cherry. :P

Hi, how are you?

Pretty crappy officiating tonight, but I really don't think Flyer fans have any cause to complain. The call on Hatcher was iffy and the Briere goalie interference call was total bull :censored:, but that puck was definitely over the line before Biron fished it out. Yeah, you can't see it on the camera because his glove is blocking the view and therefore you can't overturn the call, but it was over.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

If there is any conspiracy in place, why would the NHL push a small market over one of the biggest? Yes, they have some great stars, but considering the immediate needs of the league, it would make more sense for them to rig it for NYR and / or Phila. (of the East playoff teams.) That's one reason why I don't buy the whole "screwing of the Flyers" talk. Sure, the star players get calls, but that's the same way in every sport (see Michael Jordan.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If there is any conspiracy in place, why would the NHL push a small market over one of the biggest? Yes, they have some great stars, but considering the immediate needs of the league, it would make more sense for them to rig it for NYR and / or Phila. (of the East playoff teams.) That's one reason why I don't buy the whole "screwing of the Flyers" talk. Sure, the star players get calls, but that's the same way in every sport (see Michael Jordan.)

thats because there is no conspiracy. people just like to gripe and complain and give excuses for why their team fails, except looking at the obvious, which is on certain nights the opposing team is simply the better team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Pretty crappy officiating tonight, but I really don't think Flyer fans have any cause to complain. The call on Hatcher was iffy and the Briere goalie interference call was total bull :censored:, but that puck was definitely over the line before Biron fished it out. Yeah, you can't see it on the camera because his glove is blocking the view and therefore you can't overturn the call, but it was over.

Well the NHL always knows people in New York and Philly will come to the games anyway, not so much for places like Pittsburgh.

I'm just saying is all...

Hi, how are you?

And Korbyn, 4 games in Detroit, 3 in Dallas... with your idea Detroit will still win.

Gotta have faith.

...but you said Turco is good anywhere but in Detroit, and they play in Detroit more than they play in Dallas. So you essentially wrote him off as winning in Detroit and thus handed the series win to the Red Wings. ^_^

And you don't need faith when the player who set the modern day GAA record a few years back bows out in the first round. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think they want to market Sidney Crosby as much as they can, hence why his face is plastered all over the NHL Store, he has his own clothing line and why the Penguins were in the Winter Classic. At least, that's my stance on it. I think they just want his face to be out there as much as possible.

what the hell is ccslc?

Really, it's only a matter of time before someone in the US complains about how the NHL only markets its white athletes and refuses to hire black coaches.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, it's awful they want to market the guy. He's got no talent whatsoever.

Mockba, show me where I said he has no talent whatsoever. The problem is, their trying to market just Sidney Crosby, and possibly Alexander Ovechkin to a smaller degree. The thing they need to do is market more than just one of their players, but rather a bunch of other guys too. The NFL, MLB and NBA all market more than just one player (though I think deep down the NBA wants LeBron to be their poster boy).

Mockba, you don't have to be sarcastic. If you thought that's what I meant, Just ask. Not that hard. <_<

what the hell is ccslc?

Mockba, show me where I said he has no talent whatsoever. The problem is, their trying to market just Sidney Crosby, and possibly Alexander Ovechkin to a smaller degree. The thing they need to do is market more than just one of their players, but rather a bunch of other guys too. The NFL, MLB and NBA all market more than just one player (though I think deep down the NBA wants LeBron to be their poster boy).

Mockba, you don't have to be sarcastic. If you thought that's what I meant, Just ask. Not that hard. <_<

The other leagues market other players because they can. The NHL doesn't have that luxury. Do you think anyone outside of Detroit would know Johan Franzen if they saw him in a commercial? Would anyone apart from a SoCal resident be able to spot Anze Kopitar in a magazine? Even non-Canadians would have a tough chance knowing who Jarome Iginla is. You take your two stars who already have profiles and build them up even more. People know they are exciting to watch and the more you showcase them the better chance you have of bringing a new person to the game. In all honestly, I think it's the league's responsibility to highlight these guys and the onus falls on the individual teams to find a way to teach you the faces that go with the names on the lineup sheet.

I made a statement. I named no names. Paranoid much?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The other leagues market other players because they can. The NHL doesn't have that luxury. Do you think anyone outside of Detroit would know Johan Franzen if they saw him in a commercial? Would anyone apart from a SoCal resident be able to spot Anze Kopitar in a magazine? Even non-Canadians would have a tough chance knowing who Jarome Iginla is. You take your two stars who already have profiles and build them up even more. People know they are exciting to watch and the more you showcase them the better chance you have of bringing a new person to the game. In all honestly, I think it's the league's responsibility to highlight these guys and the onus falls on the individual teams to find a way to teach you the faces that go with the names on the lineup sheet.

And why do people not know who they are? Because the NHL does not market them.

Thanks for making my point.

I made a statement. I named no names. Paranoid much?

It was obvious your post was a direct attack onto me. All I did was answer to it and not just take it like you expect people to do. Are you paranoid because someone actually told you what to do for a change?

what the hell is ccslc?

I didn't single you out. You're *far* from the only one complaining that the league loves Crosby and the Pens and hates everyone else. I was being sarcastic, I meant to be sarcastic, I will continue to be sarcastic. I didn't ask you anything because I didn't really give a crap what you had to say about it.

There, is that better? Or are you still convinced the world revolves around you?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I didn't single you out. You're *far* from the only one complaining that the league loves Crosby and the Pens and hates everyone else. I was being sarcastic, I meant to be sarcastic, I will continue to be sarcastic. I didn't ask you anything because I didn't really give a crap what you had to say about it.

There, is that better? Or are you still convinced the world revolves around you?

Again, point out where I stated that the "world revolves around" me? When you post something, especially sarcastic, expect people to respond. That's how a message board works. People read and respond.

what the hell is ccslc?

You also "directly attacked" him... you forgot that part. :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived