2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're telling me the Caps had an honest chance at Crosby? Can you imagine him and Ovechkin on the same team? :jawdrop:

i like Backstrom.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You're telling me the Caps had an honest chance at Crosby? Can you imagine him and Ovechkin on the same team? :jawdrop:

i like Backstrom.

Of course YOU do as a Caps fan and all, but you can't seriously rather have Little Nicky as opposed to Sid the Kid. I mean, I think the NHL (specifically, and hockey, as a whole) sucks the biggest one ever, but Hank Steinbrenner even thinks you've got to be an idiot to choose Backstrom over Crosby.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

i like Backstrom.

Of course YOU do as a Caps fan and all, but you can't seriously rather have Little Nicky as opposed to Sid the Kid. I mean, I think the NHL (specifically, and hockey, as a whole) sucks the biggest one ever, but Hank Steinbrenner even thinks you've got to be an idiot to choose Backstrom over Crosby.

Well, the NHL isn't as good as it could be, but there's no way you can say that college hockey "sucks the biggest one ever" if you fully understand the game. I appreciate your opinion, but if you're going to state a comment like that against a lot of people who enjoy the game at different levels, then please, back up your opinion.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

i like Backstrom.

Well, the NHL isn't as good as it could be, but there's no way you can say that college hockey "sucks the biggest one ever" if you fully understand the game. I appreciate your opinion, but if you're going to state a comment like that against a lot of people who enjoy the game at different levels, then please, back up your opinion.

Take your own advice.

i like Backstrom.

Take your own advice.

I'm kind of confused as what you mean. Do you mean that I should back up on my opinion on why I think hockey doesn't "suck the biggest one ever" or what? Hell, I should of expected everyone to jump on my case because I asked him to back-up his opinion. Fine, I'll back up mine then. College hockey, in my opinion, is the best type of athletic event right now. The way these kids bust their asses and hustle on every play makes me appreciate the game even more. In most professional sports, athletes have the attitude of "well, we have a game tomorrow to make up for it." College hockey players don't have that mentality. A college hockey season is similar to a football season, when every game counts, thus they work hard and don't have the attitude of "tomorrow". I love the high paced action and always have. From the age of 2 when I would watch a full game on TV or live without crying or anything to my high school years where I felt I was a pretty good player (and 3 college, which I turned down) also thought I was good enough too. I just love the game. The smell of clean ice just before practice, the pain you feel when you stop a shot right in your stomach where there's no protection and even the vomit you throw-up after skating your ass off. It's great. I love it. You don't have to, but I do.

what the hell is ccslc?

i like Backstrom.

Take your own advice.

I'm kind of confused as what you mean. Do you mean that I should back up on my opinion on why I think hockey doesn't "suck the biggest one ever" or what? Hell, I should of expected everyone to jump on my case because I asked him to back-up his opinion. Fine, I'll back up mine then. College hockey, in my opinion, is the best type of athletic event right now. The way these kids bust their asses and hustle on every play makes me appreciate the game even more. In most professional sports, athletes have the attitude of "well, we have a game tomorrow to make up for it." College hockey players don't have that mentality. A college hockey season is similar to a football season, when every game counts, thus they work hard and don't have the attitude of "tomorrow". I love the high paced action and always have. From the age of 2 when I would watch a full game on TV or live without crying or anything to my high school years where I felt I was a pretty good player (and 3 college, which I turned down) also thought I was good enough too. I just love the game. The smell of clean ice just before practice, the pain you feel when you stop a shot right in your stomach where there's no protection and even the vomit you throw-up after skating your ass off. It's great. I love it. You don't have to, but I do.

Way to sell the game champ!

:P

Hi, how are you?

Stars vs. Wings tonight!

Go Stars Go!

I say Stars 3 Wings 1.

Turco with 32 saves, and goals by Richards, Robidas and an empty net by Morrow.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Too bad Turco is 0-7-2 at the Joe. Which just so happens is where game one and two take place.

Turco's playoff performance in the best was brutal. Now look at him .920+ Save Percentage plus a GAA of under 1.80. There is no reason to believe that his stats in Detroit will be turned around as well.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

4-3 Detroit. Game 1

5-1 Detroit. Game 2

2-0 Detroit. Game 3

7-5 Detroit. Game 4 - Turco pulled by the end of the first.

:D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Fabian Brunnstrom could be a total flop... who knows? I mean, he had 9 goals last year in the swedish league. But some scout said something and now the NHL clubs are (were) all over this kid.

I would sooner draft some 19 year old swedish kid that you can slowly mold into an NHLer. Most swedes get drafted in the later rounds and still end up being crazy good.

How much did they offer him anyways? 2 million... seems like alot for a rookie.

thecatch.jpg

Fabian Brunnstrom could be a total flop... who knows? I mean, he had 9 goals last year in the swedish league. But some scout said something and now the NHL clubs are (were) all over this kid.

I would sooner draft some 19 year old swedish kid that you can slowly mold into an NHLer. Most swedes get drafted in the later rounds and still end up being crazy good.

How much did they offer him anyways?

Is that the reason scouts love him, because he can score? How do we know he's not a great defensive player that scouts go after? Good scouts look for more than to just the scoring sheet to determine whether or not a player is worth it.

what the hell is ccslc?

Is that the reason scouts love him, because he can score? How do we know he's not a great defensive player that scouts go after? Good scouts look for more than to just the scoring sheet to determine whether or not a player is worth it.

I don't think so... in all the hype I've heard, this guy is being touted as a natural scorer.

thecatch.jpg

I don't think so... in all the hype I've heard, this guy is being touted as a natural scorer.

Maybe he has other aspects of the game that NHL teams covet as well. Sadly, we see the big money go towards the goal scorers. Rarely do you see someone who plays an all-around great game get a big money contract. Hell, I would happily deal Jere Lehtinen more money that what the Boston Bruins pay Zdeno Chara. We don't see big money go towards a defensive forward, or a defenseman who isn't afraid to block shots, which both are rare to find. Scorers are easy to come by. Get me a list of great NHL scorers and great NHL defensive forwards. The scorer's list is double the defensive forwards list, easily.

what the hell is ccslc?

Maybe he has other aspects of the game that NHL teams covet as well. Sadly, we see the big money go towards the goal scorers. Rarely do you see someone who plays an all-around great game get a big money contract. Hell, I would happily deal Jere Lehtinen more money that what the Boston Bruins pay Zdeno Chara. We don't see big money go towards a defensive forward, or a defenseman who isn't afraid to block shots, which both are rare to find. Scorers are easy to come by. Get me a list of great NHL scorers and great NHL defensive forwards. The scorer's list is double the defensive forwards list, easily.

You went a little off-topic there, but I do agree with what you are saying. Defensive forwards are extremely important. Give me a Selke winner over a 30 goal scorer any day. That being said, Brunnstrom is being touted as a natural scorer and he scored 9 goals last year. Doesn't really add up, does it?

Maybe he is a tremendously gifted defensive player, but that has not been said by anybody so far. Things like that tend to get mentioned in the whole hype of things. He is 6'0 and 190 lbs. Therefore, I would highly doubt that he his the brilliant defensive player that you think he might be.

thecatch.jpg

Archived