2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

There isn't a Pittsburgh / Phila. rivalry in the East - it's really just another team.

Yeah, because the Flyers are everyone's rival. :P

Fair enough. It's hard to hate on the underdog, though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the last few minutes of regulation and all of the overtime live (it ended around 2:30 Eastern) and still had to get up 5 hours later for work. Today was fun. :wacko:

It didn't matter to me who won as long as that team takes out Detroit in the WC finals. :D

Not much love for the Flyers around here, I guess. They're the only city of the remaining four that hasn't won a major title in the last 10 years (or the last 20.....or the last 25... <_< )

What's up with everyone hating on the Pens?

Crosby is easily one of the most accessible, nice-guy superstars to every play the game, he deserves a championship and who knows if he'll get another shot, too many things can happen.

The question is not when he will get another shot its how many shots he will get the Pens are set up to be a dynasty.

That would be extremely hard to do with the salary cap in place. No way in 5 years can the Pens afford Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Whitney, Letang and Fleury.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Oh I think they will find a way

"Oh Please Papa Bettman? Oh please can we raise the celery cap?"

It's amazing what tanking and a commissioner who polishes your knob can help build. The Flyers are such anti-heroes this season (if not all time) and I'd love nothing more than the team that everyone hates, who only hung out in the gutter for one year, to beat the Penguins, officials and the NHL. It's going to be a tough task. Anyone else think the Flyers/Penguins series is going to be THE best of the playoffs?

There isn't a Pittsburgh / Phila. rivalry in the East - it's really just another team.

Yeah, because the Flyers are everyone's rival. :P

Fair enough. It's hard to hate on the underdog, though.

Not when it's Philly. I say embrace the hate. If people are that stupid, so be it.

Yum I always though there was an intense rivalary between Western PA and Eastern PA.

Only in the West. It's pretty comical actually. It's like the big-brother syndrome - everyone hates the big good-looking guy with the money and the chicks. West PA hates East PA, East PA hates New York.

We're really just jealous of all of your championships.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Yum I always though there was an intense rivalary between Western PA and Eastern PA.

Only in the West. It's pretty comical actually. It's like the big-brother syndrome - everyone hates the big good-looking guy with the money and the chicks. West PA hates East PA, East PA hates New York.

:mad:

(I've got nothing.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's amazing what tanking and a commissioner who polishes your knob can help build. The Flyers are such anti-heroes this season (if not all time) and I'd love nothing more than the team that everyone hates, who only hung out in the gutter for one year, to beat the Penguins, officials and the NHL. It's going to be a tough task. Anyone else think the Flyers/Penguins series is going to be THE best of the playoffs?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

"Waaaaaaaaaaah, the league hates us! The refs hate us!"

Yeah, you and twenty-nine other teams. Wah.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You are mistaken. THIS is an anti hero.

Lelouch.jpg

The Flyers are just an unflashy NHL team with a slightly higher rate of on-ice thuggery.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You are mistaken. THIS is an anti hero.

[image removed]

The Flyers are just an unflashy NHL team with a slightly higher rate of on-ice thuggery.

and Downie is the captain of the on-ice thuggary. there again that franchise was built on on-ice thuggery.

that don't make them bad, its just that they are who we thought they were. to quote a certain fired head coach.

which is why i am endorsing the flyers for the rest of the playoffs. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Oh my! You got us there with the whole tanking and Bettman thing! Not only is it, like, the most original insult to the pens ever, but its sooooooo logical! Its not like tanking was the last thing they wanted to do since losing is almost exactly what kept them from getting a new arena for so long.

Seriously? People still believe that whole pens-tanking-with-the-help-of-Bettman bull :censored: ?

The refs will be favoring, if anyone, the Flyers this round. Out of the 8 matchups between the teams this year, the refs have screwed over Pittsburgh far more than Philly.

Not when it's Philly. I say embrace the hate. If people are that stupid, so be it.

Stupid? Hardly. So your team is having a nice unexpected run...

ZING!

oBIgzrL.png

Honestly though, if you're a Flyer fan and you're planning to buy an R.J. Umberger jersey, do it before this series starts. He's probably going to score 2 points in every game.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Archived