2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Chris Osgood gets my vote for an Oscar with that fantastic acting job.

Nice work, sir.

Well, he learned from watching the best - Mike Riberio. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Osgood gets my vote for an Oscar with that fantastic acting job.

Nice work, sir.

Well, he learned from watching the best - Mike Riberio. ^_^

Yeah, RiBiero's were bad, but there was no reason for Osgood to fall. You don't get even with a guy by stooping down to his level, you let the scoreboard do the talking for you.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'd like to say, you guys are such whiners. Clearly, you're picking apart the Penguins saying their goals were cheap. When it was clear that Malkin scored twice at the faceoff circles. ( one on the circle itself and again in between both ) The goalie has the advantage there if he comes out of the net more. What happens, Biron let them in.

And as for this cherry-picking. The Flyers hit Malkin so hard and was basically on top of him for a second or two. He slowly got up, meanwhile the teams head down the other way. The Flyers mishandled the puck, the Penguins gain control, Malkin notices this stays put and the Flyers are down 4-2.

And just to play devils advocate here. If you Flyer fans were Pittsburgh fans, and the Flyers won. You'd be saying that the only reason Philly score was because they chashed the net and scored with a huge pile of players in front of Fleury. Just quit your whining that it was Pittsburgh's fault you lost, and it was only a technicality that the Pengiuns won. Clearly, the Flyers weren't ready for the Penguins and their youth, and it shows.

And since when does the goalie have an advantage on an uncontested shot? Did the law of probability change overnight or something?

You need to go back and read the rest of the sentence. You seemed to have stop part way through. If Biron were to come out of the net more, he would block more of the net. That's what I was saying. Biron was basically in the crease the whole time.

Ok and even if the goalie does that, Malkin could still fake the slap shot and deke around him for an easy goal. Any way you look at it, a one on one with the goalie: advantage shooter.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'd like to say, you guys are such whiners. Clearly, you're picking apart the Penguins saying their goals were cheap. When it was clear that Malkin scored twice at the faceoff circles. ( one on the circle itself and again in between both ) The goalie has the advantage there if he comes out of the net more. What happens, Biron let them in.

And as for this cherry-picking. The Flyers hit Malkin so hard and was basically on top of him for a second or two. He slowly got up, meanwhile the teams head down the other way. The Flyers mishandled the puck, the Penguins gain control, Malkin notices this stays put and the Flyers are down 4-2.

And just to play devils advocate here. If you Flyer fans were Pittsburgh fans, and the Flyers won. You'd be saying that the only reason Philly score was because they chashed the net and scored with a huge pile of players in front of Fleury. Just quit your whining that it was Pittsburgh's fault you lost, and it was only a technicality that the Pengiuns won. Clearly, the Flyers weren't ready for the Penguins and their youth, and it shows.

And since when does the goalie have an advantage on an uncontested shot? Did the law of probability change overnight or something?

You need to go back and read the rest of the sentence. You seemed to have stop part way through. If Biron were to come out of the net more, he would block more of the net. That's what I was saying. Biron was basically in the crease the whole time.

Ok and even if the goalie does that, Malkin could still fake the slap shot and deke around him for an easy goal. Any way you look at it, a one on one with the goalie: advantage shooter.

if it hasn't been explained let me explain it. Malkin has one job and thats to put the puck in the net.Biron's job is to stop it. Malkin is not going to stop, think, should i slap it or deke because i might put the opposing player at a disadvantage. He is going to use instinct and whatever the situation to try to score. If biron can not stop the puck then its not malkin's fault. if its a cheap goal so be it, but any way you look at it, Malkin scores, biron failed to stop it. End of story. Now if a defenseman bulldozed the goalie out of position and malkin scored then you have a right to complain. so instead of complaining about why malkin scored a 'cheap' goal on a slapshot, how about complaining about why biron could not stop that goal. I don't want to hear because he was at a disadvantage. There are numerous goalies in the league that stop those types of shots. Thats what seperates good goalies from all world goalies.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I don't think philly97flyer was complaining about a "cheap" goal. He was just arguing that the shooter always has the advantage on a breakaway.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

I don't think philly97flyer was complaining about a "cheap" goal. He was just arguing that the shooter always has the advantage on a breakaway.

Thank you. All I was saying is the Flyers defense cant give an all world player, or any player really, continuous open looks at the net and expect to win. I dont care if you have Martin Brodeur, Patrick Roy, or Bernie Parent in his prime. Ill take good defense over having to rely on my goalie to make save after save on open shots all game long.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Pens take Game 2 of the East finals, 4-2. I thought Philly might come on stronger in the 3rd after their tying goal at the tail end of the 2nd, but Pittsburgh had other plans. Now they appear to be on a collision course with the Red Wings, but something tells me they'll have to win at least once in Philly to take this series.

CCSLC signature.png

I long for the day when an NHL reporter can use the headline Marc-Andre's Fury, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Oh well. Pittsburgh has taken Game 2.

I tell you what if the Pens win a 1-0 game with a shut out in the playoffs I will consider using it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's so blatantly obvious that VERSUS/NBC wants Detroit/Pittsburgh, it's not funny

Don't forget the CBC... <_<

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Blind faith, The Pens will win, but hopefully the Red Wings will hand their asses to them.

Don't count the Stars out yet! We still have two games in Dallas, anywhere other then Detroit is great news for Turco.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Stevens says "hey, we have stars too"

The coaches and players have had enough of the refs

An update on Coburn......50 stitches above his eye, might play Tuesday :blink:

They may have stars but the Penguins are skating circles around them.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Brooks Orpik = solid as a rock. Not many talk about him, but he's been very impressive.

There's no talk about Orpik, because he's a hardworking defenseman who does the dirty work. He doesn't score, so no coverage will be given to him, sadly. That's the problem with the NHL. They glorify the scorers and give no coverage to the blue collar crew.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived