Cleveland Nats

Shroinke

I know the Indians used to be called the Nats almost a century ago, but this is rediculous!

The bug problem at Jacobs Field is coinciding with an Indians rally. Coincidence?

They were called the Cleveland Naps.

Washington was the Nats.

But these Gnats are really buggin the Yanks

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I know the Indians used to be called the Nats almost a century ago, but this is rediculous!

The bug problem at Jacobs Field is coinciding with an Indians rally. Coincidence?

Joba Chamberlain's struggles are coinciding with an Indians rally. Carmona doesn't appear to be having an issue with the bugs.

IUe6Hvh.png

If you have HD you can see just how bad the bugs are they were all over Joba's hat and neck and in his face.

Though you are right the Tribe seem unaffected

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

LOL someone already edited it to say......

Interactions with people

Mayflies are also an industrial nuisance, as the large population of dead adults can clog the intakes of air and water supply systems. A good example of this is found in the nuclear industry when the cooling water intakes of nuclear power stations near fresh water can be clogged by the carcasses.

In literature, mayflies can sometimes illustrate something hard to find and/or obtain.

Joba Chamberlain hates them.

saBS.png

These bugs are called apparently Canadian Soldiers

The bugs are Canada's way of repaying us for all the strippers we send up to Windsor. Whatever it takes. :D

... unfortunately, we're repaying you in American dollars....

I saw, I came, I left.

These things usually come in the spring... they hatch off Lake Erie. They only live for a day or so. The humid weather must've created another batch!

You think this is bad? Imagine being at Cedar Point (located on a peninsula in to Lake Erie)... riding the Magnum or Millennium Force at 90 MPH. You MUST close your eyes and keep your mouth shut!! You end up with bugs splattered on your face, arms and the all over your clothes.

A good reminder to take a date to Cedar Point in July!

Archived